This web site could comprise affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we will present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
Don’t be fooled by the title, this unattainable pie is likely one of the best pies you’ll ever make! Known as “unattainable” as a result of it magically varieties its personal crust, you may have this pie prepared for the oven in simply 7 minutes. This pie is a traditional for a reason- the creamy custard filling and crunchy topping are irresistible!
With the vacations arising, pie recipes are positively on my thoughts. We attempt to make no less than one new pie taste yearly, and I believe this unattainable pie has made the menu! In case you are searching for inspiration for this season’s pies, you’ve obtained to strive my distinctive Caramel Apple Slab Pie or my well-known traditional Pumpkin Pie recipe. If you wish to carry one thing a bit completely different to the desk this fall season, be completely different with my Cherry Pie Bars– you gained’t remorse it!
Why is it Known as Unattainable Pie?
The Unattainable Pie has been round for a very long time! It’s believed to be a really outdated Amish recipe, and should have been given the title “unattainable” as a result of it magically makes its personal crust. The filling is a coconut custard (just like a coconut cream pie) and because it bakes the coconut varieties a beautiful crunchy topping. After making this pie, I can see why it’s a traditional!
I really like this recipe as a result of it comes collectively in minutes, and is straightforward to bake. I believe it’s additionally referred to as “unattainable” as a result of it’s impossibly straightforward! You actually simply mix all the elements in a blender, pour the batter in a pan (no, you don’t want a pie crust!) and bake! I like a topping on my coconut cream pie, so I additionally rapidly whipped up some whipped cream. I by no means thought I might take pleasure in a coconut dessert greater than my favourite Coconut Cream Cake, however this pie could have it beat!
Elements in Unattainable Pie
My favourite factor about this recipe is that this checklist of elements! It’s so easy, and also you most likely have already got these provides in your fridge and pantry. I really like how the easy desserts all the time find yourself turning into my favorites! See the recipe card beneath for actual measurements.
- Eggs: I all the time use giant grade A eggs.
- Butter: I used unsalted on this recipe, and I might advocate you do too.
- Flour: All-purpose works the perfect on this recipe.
- Milk: Milk is critical on this recipe as a result of it offers it that creamy texture you want in a custard and helps the pie arrange properly.
- Granulated Sugar: I simply used my pantry white granulated sugar for this recipe.
- Shredded Coconut: I used the sweetened type as a result of I really like the flavour!
- Vanilla: Vanilla extract boosts the flavour of the milk and coconut, and actually brings this pie to life!
- Nutmeg: Floor nutmeg is non-obligatory. I actually prefer it on this pie as a result of it offers it a heat vacation taste, however you might simply go away it out.
The way to Make Unattainable Pie
These instructions actually couldn’t get any simpler! It took me simply 7 minutes to get this batter prepared for the oven. I beloved slicing into it and seeing the layers that separate whereas baking.
- Preheat: Preheat the oven to 350℉ and grease a 9-10” pie dish.
- Mix: Mix all of the elements within the blender for 15 seconds, till effectively mixed.
- Bake: Pour the blended elements into the ready pie pan and bake for 50-55 minutes, till the middle of the pie is sort of fully set and browned.
- Cool: Permit the pie to chill to room temperature earlier than chilling within the fridge for no less than 2 hours earlier than serving.
This pie is so easy, it may be made with simply milk, egg, sugar, and flour. If you wish to maintain it that straightforward you may, or I’ve rounded up another variations to take pleasure in!
- Miss the Coconut: I do know there are various individuals who don’t just like the style or texture of coconut. No want to fret, this pie is simply nearly as good with out it! Simply pass over the coconut and you’ve got a scrumptious custard pie.
- Lemon Unattainable Pie: Add the juice of ½ lemon to show this pie right into a shiny summer time pie! I actually take pleasure in lemon and coconut collectively. As a result of this pie is finest served chilly, it makes the right summer time deal with!
- Orange Unattainable Pie: I believe orange and nutmeg had been made for one another. Add zest from ½ orange and a splash of orange juice, and you’ve got a pie good for the vacations. Like magic!
The way to Retailer Leftovers
This pie is finest served chilly, and makes fantastic leftovers! I really like satisfying my candy tooth with selfmade pie, and this pie is impossibly straightforward (see what I did there?) since you don’t should reheat it! Comply with these tricks to take pleasure in leftovers for as much as 5 days.
- Within the Fridge: Saved leftover cooled Unattainable Pie in an hermetic container or loosely lined with plastic wrap within the fridge for as much as 5 days. This pie is finest served chilly, so you may take pleasure in it straight out of the fridge!
Preheat the oven to 350℉ and grease a 9-10” pie dish.
Mix all of the elements within the blender for 15 seconds, till effectively mixed.
Pour the blended elements into the ready pie dish and bake for 50-55 minutes, till the middle of the pie is sort of fully set and browned.
Permit the pie to chill to room temperature earlier than chilling within the fridge for no less than 2 hours earlier than serving.
Energy321kcal (16%)Carbohydrates31g (10%)Protein6g (12%)Fats20g (31%)Saturated Fats13g (65%)Polyunsaturated Fats1gMonounsaturated Fats4gTrans Fats0.5gLdl cholesterol120mg (40%)Sodium86mg (4%)Potassium173mg (5%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar25g (28%)Vitamin A572IU (11%)Vitamin C0.1mgCalcium94mg (9%)Iron1mg (6%)
All dietary data relies on third get together calculations and is just an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will range relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.