Lastly, an straightforward sugar cookie recipe that makes a small batch of simply 6 cookies. I completely love that the dough does not require any chilling, plus it is made with melted butter. So, in the event you forgot to melt the butter in your cookies, it isn’t an issue! That is such a terrific recipe to make with children, too.
This small batch cookie recipe is a basic sugar cookie. It’s a easy, straightforward cookie recipe with a base of sugar, butter, and flour.
I contemplate this one in all my straightforward cookies recipes with few substances (6 complete not together with salt), that makes a small batch of sugar cookies.
Another excuse this cookie recipe is fast and fundamental is that there is no such thing as a chilling required for these sugar cookies. No chilling required sugar cookies can go from bowl to bake with none wait time in between.
- Butter. I choose unsalted butter for baking. Within the case of this straightforward sugar cookie recipe, we’ll soften it earlier than utilizing, so it is okay if it is frozen or chilly from the fridge. We solely want half a stick, or 4 tablespoons/ 2 ounces.
- Granulated Sugar. While you learn ⅓ cup of sugar, you would possibly suppose that is a small quantity, however bear in mind we’re solely making 6 cookies.
- Egg Yolk. Please, don’t use the entire egg for this recipe. We solely want the egg yolk. Separate the egg and save the egg white for any of those recipes that use egg whites. In case you double the recipe, use two egg yolks solely. Equally, in the event you triple, use three egg yolks. The explanation I do not use egg whites in my small batch sugar cookies is as a result of the fats of the egg yolk makes for superior chewy cookies. I occur to like the crisp edge and chewy heart type of cookie.
- Vanilla Extract.
- Flour. All-purpose common flour that has been fluffed, scooped and leveled with a knife within the measuring cup.
- Baking Soda. We want a small quantity of baking soda and a pinch of salt to spherical out this recipe.
Tips on how to Make this Straightforward Sugar Cookie Recipe
- First, preheat the oven to 350-degrees Fahrenheit, and have your favourite cookie sheet pan prepared. I prefer to line with parchment paper or use a silicone reusable mat.
- Soften the butter in a heat-safe bowl within the microwave. Watch out to not let the butter warmth too lengthy within the microwave, in any other case it will probably pop and sputter.
- Stir the sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla into the bowl with the melted butter.
- Subsequent, sprinkle the flour, baking soda and salt evenly over the floor of the bowl, and stir the whole lot collectively to mix.
- As soon as the dough comes collectively, I’ve a trick for making all of the cookies the identical measurement that does not require a scale. Use your spatula to press the dough right into a flat disk within the bowl. By eye, divide the dough in half, making a line down the middle of the dough with the spatula. From every half, you’ll want to get 3 cookies, for a complete of 6 cookies.
- Evenly house the cookies on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. The cookies are achieved once they unfold and begin to crackle on prime. They may puff up within the oven, however as they cool, they are going to deflate and crackle superbly. You may press a chocolate sweet on prime as they cool, in the event you like.
This recipe is predicated off the sugar cookie recipe in my third cookbook: Candy & Easy: Desserts for Two, and so in the event you love a easy small batch recipes, you need to actually seize a duplicate. All the recipe have lower than 10 substances to make candy, easy desserts.
Incessantly Requested Questions on this Straightforward Sugar Cookie Recipe:
These sugar cookies bake up crackly, which is not the kind of sugar cookie that you just enhance with royal icing. In case you’re in search of a small batch sugar cookie to brighten, I can completely aid you there.
Sure, you’ll be able to completely double and triple this recipe, however make sure you observe the recipe precisely. This implies use two egg yolks, not an entire egg, for a double batch. For a triple batch, use three egg yolks–do not use egg whites on this cookie recipe.
Sure, completely! You do not want to sit back this dough. Simply soften the butter, stir collectively the dough, scoop out the cookies and bake.
Whereas I at all times encourage humility, on this explicit case, I really feel assured saying I make the most effective selfmade sugar cookies on the planet, ever. They’re tender, chewy, straightforward and fast. I perceive it is a daring assertion, but it surely’s one I’m dedicated to face behind for the remainder of my life.
Scroll by the feedback and lots of of 5-star opinions on this recipe under, in the event you’re inclined to not consider me.
This straightforward sugar cookie recipe makes cookies that hold properly at room temperature in an air-tight container for as much as 3 days. Though, if the container is not fully air-tight, they might dry out, so be sure to make use of one thing that snaps tightly. I do not suggest freezing these cookies as soon as baked.
I additionally do not actually suggest freezing the dough, as a result of it’s going to add a number of minutes to the baking time. You would possibly find yourself with puffy, not crinkly cookies in the event you bake these from frozen. Really, these small batch sugar cookies are so fast and straightforward to whip up, you needn’t make them too far prematurely.
The most effective pan to make use of for these straightforward small batch sugar cookies is a quarter sheet pan. It is what you see within the pictures right here, and I occur to like them.
I like to recommend baking this straightforward sugar cookie recipe on parchment paper or a silicone mat. Utilizing a nonstick floor on prime of your cookie sheet retains the cookies from sticking to the pan, however there’s one other profit. Utilizing these things helps with even warmth distribution whereas baking. This makes the cookies unfold uniformly and cook dinner evenly, much like the advantages of roasting the pan half-way by baking.
Different Straightforward Cookie Recipes:
Yield: 6 cookies
Straightforward Sugar Cookie Recipe
Small batch sugar cookies recipe for 2.
Prepare dinner Time
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar, plus further for rolling
- 1 massive egg yolk, egg white reserved for an additional use
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon positive salt
- Preheat the oven to 350, and line a small baking sheet with parchment paper (or use a silicone mat).
- Stir collectively the melted butter, sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla extract. Stir very properly to mix.
- Subsequent, sprinkle the flour, baking soda and salt evenly over the dough, and stir simply to mix.
- Press the dough flat and evenly within the bowl, after which divide it in half by eye. It’s best to get 3 cookies from every half.
- Roll every dough ball in your palms, roll frivolously further granulated sugar, after which house evenly on the ready baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes, till they unfold, begin to crackle and seem dry on prime.
- Let the cookies relaxation on the baking sheet for two minutes earlier than shifting them to a wire rack to chill fully.
- After the cookies have cooled for 10 minutes, you’ll be able to press a chocolate coronary heart into the middle of every cookie, in the event you like. Transfer the cookies to the fridge (so the hearts do not soften an excessive amount of) to set for half-hour.
- Carry to room temperature earlier than serving.
Egg Yolk: This recipe doesn’t use the entire egg for this recipe, simply the egg yolk. Separate the egg and save the egg white for an additional recipe. In case you double the recipe, use two egg yolks solely. Equally, in the event you triple, use three egg yolks. By no means use the egg white for this recipe if you would like excellent, chewy cookies.
Flour: All-purpose flour that has been fluffed within the bag or jar, scooped and leveled with the again of a knife within the measuring cup.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 230Whole Fats: 14gSaturated Fats: 7gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 7gLdl cholesterol: 83mgSodium: 170mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 4g