Hamburger hash is the right dish to make in the course of the week. If you find yourself busy and drained after a protracted day, making this budget-friendly meal is simple. This hamburger hash recipe additionally works for a lazy weekend.
This put up incorporates affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What’s Hamburger Hash?
Hash comes from the French phrase hacher, that means to cut. Every little thing about hamburger hash has a tough chopped, rustic really feel to it. It’s down-home consolation meals at its greatest and all the time hits the spot.
What Makes This Recipe for Hamburger Hash So Good
Hamburger hash is a approach to mix floor beef with some objects you most likely have already got readily available in your pantry. As an example, you might all the time inventory canned tomatoes as a result of they’re versatile and can be utilized in oh so some ways.
This hamburger hash casserole is made with floor beef, chopped onions, garlic, and plenty of canned tomatoes. And seasonings deliver out that particular style.
One superior function of creating hash is that you simply simply can’t do it incorrect. This recipe for hamburger hash is tremendous versatile, and you actually can’t mess up. Listed below are another nice options:
- A hearty and filling dish.
- Fast and uncomplicated to make.
- An effective way to make use of up leftovers you’ve been questioning what to do with.
- A great way to sneak in some greens in your children.
- Solely two cookware objects are wanted, making for simple cleanup.
- Nice for these busy weeknights once you don’t have a lot time.
- Extraordinarily kid-friendly and authorised.
Hamburger Hash Elements
With brief prep and cooking instances, hamburger hash casserole will change into a staple meal for busy weeknights. Right here’s what you want:
- Floor beef
- Onion – candy or white onion
- Canned tomatoes
- Chili powder
- Worcestershire sauce
- Black pepper
- Cheese (optionally available however important when you like tacky hamburger hash)
Find out how to Make Hamburger Hash Casserole
This hash begins in a skillet and winds up within the oven. Now, you may get by merely heating this dish by way of on the stovetop. Nevertheless, the flavour does enhance within the oven, so in case you have time, you shouldn’t omit this step. Listed below are the easy steps to make this hash.
- Brown the bottom beef with the onion, garlic, and seasonings.
- Add the canned tomatoes and stir them in.
- Switch the combination to a casserole dish
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
- For tacky hamburger hash, sprinkle on cheese over the past 10 minutes of baking.
To stop burning, resist the urge to brown floor beef over excessive warmth. As a substitute, brown over medium-high warmth, breaking the meat aside with a wood spoon and stirring incessantly.
One of the crucial necessary elements of creating any sort of hash is seasoning it effectively. So, style and add extra seasoning as desired.
Hamburger hash is a superb method to make use of leftovers since there aren’t any exhausting and quick guidelines about what goes in it! Listed below are some concepts for variations:
- Meat: Change up this recipe by utilizing completely different sorts of meat to make corned beef hash, floor rooster hash, floor turkey hash, or floor sausage hash.
- Cheese: For a hamburger hash recipe with cheese, high with gentle or sharp Cheddar cheese, Swiss, Gouda, or Monterey Jack.
- Starch: Peel and cube medium russet potatoes then brown potatoes in vegetable oil. Add them to the meat combination. Or stir in some cooked rice.
- Greens: Add some veggies like inexperienced or crimson bell pepper, corn, mushrooms, or child spinach, and identical to that, you’ve created hamburger hash supreme!
- Seasonings: You’ll be able to experiment with the flavour of your hamburger hash by attempting out completely different herbs and spices akin to cayenne pepper, garlic powder, cumin, paprika, thyme, basil, and Italian seasoning.
What to Serve With Floor Beef Hash
Hamburger hash is fantastic served over cooked rice or pasta (any form will do). Listed below are another serving concepts:
- A inexperienced vegetable as a facet complement to this dish works effectively! Broccoli, inexperienced beans, or a easy salad are all good choices.
- For a heartier vegetable, serve it with roast crimson potatoes.
- Put cream-style corn on high.
- A pleasant crusty loaf of bread or freshly baked rolls can spherical out the meal.
- This recipe for hamburger hash can also be good served with fried eggs for breakfast or brunch.
- Put the hash in tortillas with shredded lettuce, cheese, and bitter cream.
Find out how to Retailer Leftover Hamburger Hash
When you’ve got leftovers, don’t go away them out at room temperature for greater than 2 hours.
Retailer: Enable the hamburger hash to chill, then retailer it in an hermetic container within the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
Freeze: Seal the hash tightly and retailer it within the freezer for as much as 3 months. Enable it to thaw within the fridge earlier than reheating it on the stovetop or within the oven.
Additionally, hamburger hash can completely be made forward of time and brought out of the fridge to reheat if you end up prepared.
Favourite Dinner Casseroles
Scrumptious Price range-Pleasant Recipes
This recipe for hamburger hash is courtesy of my grandmother, Ethel Eynard, who lived in Jefferson Metropolis, Missouri.
This nearly chili-like hamburger hash casserole may be put collectively in a jiffy.
- 1 pound floor beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cans canned tomatoes 14.5 ounces every
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheese colby jack or cheddar mix
Preheat the oven to 350 levels.
Brown floor beef and onion, garlic, and seasoning.
Add within the canned tomatoes, and put right into a casserole dish, cowl. Bake at 350 levels for 1 hour.
Sprinkle on cheese over the past 10 minutes of baking.
This recipe is by Ethel Eynard. Jefferson Metropolis, MO. 1998.
Energy: 232kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 15g | Fats: 15g | Saturated Fats: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 6g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 579mg | Potassium: 524mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 614IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 127mg | Iron: 3mg