Almond Crescent Cookies are a melt-in-your-mouth, basic cookie with nutty, buttery taste. It’s a fast and simple Christmas cookie completely fitted to sharing with household and mates.
This publish is sponsored by Problem Butter, however all opinions are my very own.
These Almond Crescent Cookies are a shortbread-like cookie generally loved through the holidays with tea or espresso. These conventional Austrian Christmas cookies are much like snowballs and Mexican marriage ceremony cookies. They’re crumbly, nutty, and coated in candy powdered sugar. Almond crescents are fast and simple to make, and excellent on your Christmas cookie tray!
There are a number of variations of this recipe on the market. Some use chopped almonds, some use almond extract, and a few use almond flour. Mine makes use of a little bit little bit of every little thing. I believe it provides the almond cookie one of the best taste and texture.
With out the almond extract, the crescent cookies style a little bit flat. When you skip the chopped nuts, the cookies miss out on pure taste and texture. And whereas almond flour doesn’t really make these almond crescents style almondy-y, it does add extra bulk to the cookies with out drying them out. I discover that these almond cookies are extra tender when made with almond flour than when made with out.
What You’ll Want
This tasty almond cookie recipe turns fundamental elements into an almond-forward delight. Scroll right down to the recipe card for particular portions.
- Butter: All the time necessary for nice taste. I used my favourite Problem Butter. Problem Butter is a top quality butter that goes from farm to fridge in simply two days, guaranteeing that it’s good and contemporary. It has no added hormones, synthetic flavors or fillings, so you possibly can be ok with feeding it to your loved ones. When you haven’t tried it earlier than, you undoubtedly have to. The flavour is great and excellent for utilizing in your vacation cookies.
- Vanilla Extract
- All-Goal Flour: Measure with a meals scale or spoon this into your measuring cup little by little – by no means scoop up flour straight, otherwise you’ll over-measure it.
- Almond Flour
- Almonds: Finely chopped
- Powdered Sugar: For coating the cookies
Make the Dough
- Preheat the Oven. Preheat the oven to 350 levels F (180 levels C).
- Put together Baking Sheets. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Put aside.
- Cream the Butter and Sugar. Cream the butter and sugar collectively in a big mixer bowl on medium pace till it’s gentle in colour and fluffy. You must be capable to see the change in colour occur and comprehend it’s prepared.
- Add the Vanilla and Almond Extracts. Add each the vanilla and almond extracts and blend till effectively mixed.
- Add the Dry Substances. Add the all-purpose flour and almond flour to to combination and stir till mixed. Take care to not over combine the dough.
- Add the Almonds. Add the chopped almonds and fold in by hand. The dough will likely be a little bit crumbly at this level, and that’s what you wish to see.
Assemble the Cookies
- Type the Cookies. Take a heaping tablespoon of cookie dough (about 1 1/2 tablespoons) and roll it right into a small ball. Form it right into a crescent together with your fingers and place it onto the ready baking sheet. Repeat this course of with all of the remaining dough. You must find yourself with 25-30 crescents.
- Bake the Cookies. Bake the cookies for 10-Quarter-hour or till they start to show golden brown. I wind up baking them for 11 minutes in my oven.
- Cool the Cookies. Enable the cookies to chill fully on a wire rack.
- Roll the Cookies in Powdered Sugar. Roll the almond crescents in powdered sugar and put aside on a wire wrack. You can roll the cookies whereas they’re nonetheless barely heat, however the powdered sugar could soften. If this occurs, simply roll them once more.
In case your cookie dough appears too crumbly, strive forming balls together with your arms. If it’ll maintain collectively, then it’s most likely advantageous.
In case your dough is so crumbly that it received’t come collectively, you could have added an excessive amount of flour. Strive including a teaspoon or two of milk till the dough will come collectively and type balls. Simply don’t add an excessive amount of or your cookies will unfold and lose their form.
Ideas for Success
When you’re not accustomed to making almond crescent cookies, take a minute to learn over the following tips for achievement. Excellent crumbly, nutty almond cookies are proper across the nook!
- Loosely Pack the Flour: As a way to not add an excessive amount of flour to this almond cookie recipe, fill your measuring cup by the spoonful and stage it off on the high to stop overpacking.
- Use Room Temperature Substances: Be sure you deliver the elements to room temperature earlier than beginning to make the dough. If the eggs or butter are too chilly, you’ll wind up with lumpy dough that isn’t well-combined.
Different Variations to Strive
These almond crescent Christmas cookies are fairly versatile. Don’t be afraid to vary issues as much as make them good on your personal preferences.
- Dip your cookies in chocolate or drizzle them with chocolate.
- Add a contact of floor cinnamon to the powdered sugar and/or the cookie dough.
- Substitute amaretto liqueur for the almond extract.
Retailer cookies in an hermetic container at room temperature for as much as every week.
You’ll be able to freeze these crescent cookies for as much as 1 month. Freeze them in air-tight freezer-safe baggage or in air-tight freezer-safe containers.
Almond Crescent Cookies are a melt-in-your-mouth candy almond explosion of taste. This can be a quick and simple Christmas cookie completely fitted to sharing with household and mates.
- 1 cup (224g) unsalted Problem Butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup (138g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 2 cups (260g) all-purpose flour (measured precisely)
- 1 cup (128g) almond flour
- 1/2 cup (65g) finely chopped almonds, non-obligatory
- 1/2 cup (58g) powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Put aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar collectively in a big mixer bowl on medium pace till gentle in colour and fluffy. You must be capable to see the change in colour occur and comprehend it’s prepared.
- Add the vanilla and almond extract and blend till effectively mixed.
- Add the flour and almond flour and blend till mixed. Don’t overmix.
- Add the almonds and fold collectively till mixed, however don’t over-mix. The dough will likely be a little bit crumbly.
- Take heaping tablespoons (about 1 1/2 tablespoons) one by one and roll right into a small ball, then form right into a crescent. Place onto the ready baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-Quarter-hour or till simply earlier than they start to show golden. I bake mine for 11 minutes.
- Enable cookies to chill after which roll them within the powdered sugar. You’ll be able to roll them within the powdered sugar when nonetheless heat, however it should soften a bit so that you’ll most likely have to do it once more once they’ve cooled.
- Retailer cookies in an hermetic container at room temperature for as much as every week.
Key phrases: crescent cookies, almond crescents, almond cookie, christmas cookie, almond cookie recipe