Eggnog Pound Cake is moist cake coated in a wealthy, eggnog-infused glaze – it tastes similar to Christmas! Made with a contact of rum, this vanilla pound cake is stuffed with vacation taste. It’s simply the dessert to get you into the vacation spirit.
Eggnog Pound Cake is the Excellent Vacation Dessert!
You possibly can by no means go mistaken with a pound cake. I’ve carried out Blueberry Lime Pound Cake, RumChata pound Cake, Almond Amaretto Pound Cake, and so many extra! There actually is a pound cake recipe for each season, and this Eggnog Pound Cake is my vacation particular.
What says Christmas higher than a chilly glass of Home made Eggnog? I don’t learn about you, however I don’t need to wait till December to deal with myself to at least one. It’s simply too good! And blended with cinnamon and rum, some eggnog makes this wealthy pound cake recipe a dessert I look ahead to yearly.
What’s Pound Cake?
Pound Cake bought its identify as a result of it was initially made utilizing a pound every of flour, eggs, butter, and sugar. It’s baked in both a loaf or a bundt pan, and usually coated with a skinny layer of icing/glaze. I made a decision to make a fundamental vanilla pound cake, however with an eggnog-themed twist!
This dessert could look fancy, however the components are oh so easy. Right here’s what you’ll want:
For the Pound Cake:
- All-Goal Flour
- Cinnamon: It’s also possible to add a pinch of nutmeg if you would like!
- Baking Soda
- Unsalted Butter: the butter will must be softened earlier than you employ it.
- Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Eggnog: utilizing plain eggnog is finest.
- Brandy or Spiced Rum: for additional taste!
For the Eggnog Glaze:
- Powdered Sugar
- Butter: additionally ensure that that is softened.
- Eggnog: I like to make use of my Home made Eggnog, however you too can use retailer purchased! You possibly can additionally use Coquito (Puerto Rican coconut eggnog) to make this pound cake!
How you can Make Eggnog Pound Cake
In only a few simple steps, this pound cake will likely be going into the oven! Right here’s what you will have to do:
Prep: Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a 10-inch bundt pan with baking spray or butter and flour it. Put aside.
Whisk: In a medium bowl, whisk collectively flour, baking soda and salt. Put aside.
Combine: In massive bowl of stand mixer, cream butter and sugar till gentle and fluffy. Beat in eggs separately, then stir in vanilla till effectively mixed. Beat in flour combination alternating with eggnog and amaretto.
Bake: Pour batter into ready bundt pan. Bake for 55 to 65 minutes, till middle is about and a toothpick inserted comes out clear.
Add Glaze: Permit cake to chill fully (in bundt pan) earlier than inverting onto cake plate. Prime with eggnog glaze (or mud with powdered sugar).
For Glaze: In medium bowl, mix all components (beginning with 3 tablespoons eggnog), till easy. Add additional tablespoon of eggnog, as wanted, to get a drizzle kind consistency.
Ideas for Excellent Pound Cake
Learn by way of the following pointers for assist with baking the proper pound cake:
- Don’t Over-Combine the Dry Components: Mixing the flour for too lengthy could make the batter powerful.
- Use Plain Eggnog: If you happen to use flavored eggnog, the cake will tackle that taste.
- Making Pound Cake With out Glaze: If you wish to omit the glaze, you possibly can mud the pound cake with some powdered sugar as an alternative.
A slice of eggnog pound cake would go nice with a glass of milk, or a cup of espresso! If you happen to’re actually an eggnog fanatic, you possibly can pour your self a chilly glass to go together with your cake, too.
This pound cake may also be served with a scoop of ice cream – possibly eggnog ice cream! – or with a dollop of whipped cream. You actually don’t want something to fancy this cake up although, the flavors are on level all by itself.
How you can Retailer Leftover Pound Cake
Leftover pound cake must be refrigerated in an hermetic container, and eaten inside 3 or 4 days. Place it in an air tight container, or wrap your plate in saran wrap to assist stop your cake from drying out within the fridge.
Can I Freeze Pound Cake?
Sure! After the pound cake has cooled, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, or put it in an hermetic container, and place it within the freezer. Be sure to eat it inside 2-4 months.
Prepare dinner Time
1 hour 10 minutes
For the Pound Cake:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 massive eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/4 cup brandy or spiced rum
For the Eggnog Glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 – 4 tablespoons eggnog
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a 10-inch bundt pan with baking spray or butter and flour it. Put aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk collectively flour, baking soda and salt. Put aside.
3. In massive bowl of stand mixer, cream butter and sugar till gentle and fluffy. Beat in eggs separately, then stir in vanilla till effectively mixed. Beat in flour combination alternating with eggnog and amaretto.
4. Pour batter into ready bundt pan. Bake for 55 to 65 minutes, till middle is about and a toothpick inserted comes out clear.
5. Permit cake to chill fully (in bundt pan) earlier than inverting onto cake plate. Prime with eggnog glaze (or mud with powdered sugar).
6. For glaze: In medium bowl, mix all components (beginning with 3 tablespoons eggnog), till easy. Add additional tablespoon of eggnog, as wanted, to get a drizzle kind consistency.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 475Whole Fats: 7gSaturated Fats: 4gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 3gLdl cholesterol: 98mgSodium: 214mgCarbohydrates: 92gFiber: 1gSugar: 68gProtein: 8g
Extra Festive Christmas Desserts
This put up could comprise affiliate hyperlinks. Learn my disclosure coverage.