The traditional campfire deal with is elevated to an attractive dessert with this straightforward s’mores brownie pie. Layers of crispy graham cracker crust, 1-bowl fudgy brownie filling, and gooey toasted marshmallow supply up a superior s’mores expertise: all the flavour and texture, minus the fireplace and sticky fingers!
There’s simply one thing about s’mores that’s so nostalgic of summertime. Chances are high you’ve loved this candy, gooey deal with round a campfire in some unspecified time in the future. But when hunkering down within the air-conditioning is extra your summer time vibe than sweating subsequent to a blazing hearth, this s’mores brownie pie is for you.
Reader Becky says: “This s’mores pie is scrumptious. I’ll by no means purchase store-bought graham cracker crusts once more. The brownie batter is oh so good and I’m going to must attempt them solo. The marshmallows browned fantastically. My household beloved it. Thanks for an additional keeper.”
I initially shared this recipe in 2013 and it’s been a summer time favourite since. I not pre-bake the crust and swapped 2 Tablespoons of butter within the filling for oil, which retains the brownie gentle and moist. The filling is definitely the identical as this common brownie pie.
Inform Me About This S’mores Brownie Pie
- Taste: Take pleasure in a buttery graham cracker crust, a wealthy double-chocolate brownie, and puffy candy marshmallows—with that particular taste they get from toasting over a hearth. (However on this case, we’re simply utilizing the oven!)
- Texture: The feel of s’mores is so distinctive: layers of crispy graham cracker, gentle melty chocolate, and gooey toasted marshmallow. This pie replicates the identical mixture of textures in each crispy-fudgy-gooey chunk.
- Ease: You don’t even want a mixer to make this pie! You’re making a 3-ingredient graham cracker crust (no have to pre-bake it), whisking collectively the brownie filling in 1 bowl, after which topping with marshmallows on the finish.
Begin With These Substances
- Graham Cracker Crust: For those who can’t discover graham crackers the place you reside, see recipe Notes for some alternate options.
- Butter & Oil: Melted butter is the bottom of the filling. I all the time love how vegetable oil retains chocolate cake gentle and moist, so I add some right here. You may additionally use melted coconut oil.
- Granulated Sugar
- Eggs: Eggs are the principle performer on this recipe by including construction and texture. You want 3 eggs whole: 2 entire eggs + 1 egg yolk.
- Pure Vanilla Extract: Have you ever tried do-it-yourself vanilla extract? I like to make use of it in my baking recipes, however remember it takes weeks to achieve its greatest taste. Retailer-bought is nice and I often use McCormick or Nielsen-Massey. (Not sponsored, really a fan!)
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder: Since there’s no leavening taking place, you should use pure or dutch-process cocoa powder. You usually must be cautious about which you employ if a recipe contains baking soda, resembling this chocolate peanut butter cake.
- All-Objective Flour
- Semi-Candy Chocolate Chips: We’re doubling down on the chocolate taste within the brownie filling, however the chocolate chips additionally add a beautiful texture.
- Marshmallows: I often use giant, however you could possibly use mini marshmallows, and even make the marshmallow topping from these s’mores brownie cupcakes as an alternative (see recipe Notes).
You want slightly further butter and sugar, plus graham crackers to make the crust. This brings the whole quantity of components to 11.
The complete printable recipe is beneath, however let me present you the way it comes collectively so you realize what to anticipate.
An Further-Crispy Graham Cracker Crust
The recipe begins with my graham cracker crust. For those who’ve had bother with graham cracker crust previously, use my Find out how to Make Graham Cracker Crust publish for steerage. Be sure to don’t pack the crust too tight into the pie dish. As a result of we bake this pie for about 32-35 minutes whole, the graham cracker crust seems crispier than a no-bake-filling pie like this strawberry cream cheese pie. In that recipe, the crust bakes for simply quarter-hour.
This further oven time offers this s’mores brownie pie an much more texture, with a mix of toasted marshmallow, gentle chocolate, and crispy crunchy graham cracker in each chunk.
Can I Use Common Pie Crust?
I don’t advocate utilizing a standard pie crust as a result of the bake time would change, and broiling the pie on the finish might end in an overdone crust. If you wish to use common pie crust, nevertheless, observe the par-baking directions within the common brownie pie and prime with the meringue topping as detailed within the word beneath. Or you could love this brookie pie, which makes use of chocolate chip cookie dough because the “crust.”
Bake the pie on the middle rack for under about half-hour, then take away it from the oven and organize marshmallows on prime. I often use 24-25 giant marshmallows for this. Place the pie again inside for a couple of minutes to toast the marshmallows. In the event that they aren’t toasting, flip in your broiler for a minute. Don’t stroll away from the oven as a result of relying in your oven, toasting or broiling could be very fast.
Success Tip: Chopping Into S’mores Brownie Pie
Cool the pie for at the very least 45 minutes earlier than slicing. For greatest outcomes—and so the crust doesn’t utterly crumble—look ahead to the pie to chill for about 2 hours. The primary slice is all the time the messiest!
This pie can definitely be messy due to the additional sticky marshmallows, however dipping your sharp knife in HOT water and wiping dry between every slice helps. Don’t anticipate perfection: this pie is fudgy, gooey, sticky, and crumbly multi functional!
Can I Use a Marshmallow Creme Topping?
Sure, however do-it-yourself is greatest. I’ve a recipe for do-it-yourself marshmallow creme, which is de facto an egg white-based do-it-yourself meringue frosting that tastes like marshmallows. I take advantage of a decreased down model to prime these s’mores brownie cupcakes and this bourbon candy potato pie, too. You possibly can simply use it for this s’mores brownie pie, too. See particular directions within the Be aware beneath.
- Can I Use Retailer-Purchased Marshmallow Creme? You may if wanted, nevertheless it’s a lot runnier and can make a VERY messy pie. I like to recommend sticking to common marshmallows if you happen to don’t wish to make a do-it-yourself marshmallow creme topping.
In contrast to the marshmallow model the place you employ your oven’s broiler setting, use a kitchen torch to toast the do-it-yourself topping. (You want to apply the meringue to a cooled brownie pie, not heat, as a result of a heat filling will soften the meringue topping and broiling will even initially soften the topping.)
Let my group and I do know if you happen to do this recipe. You may as well observe alongside on Fb or subscribe through e mail to obtain my greatest baking recipes. One thing candy in your inbox!
You don’t even want a mixer to make this s’mores brownie pie! Make a 3-ingredient graham cracker crust (no have to pre-bake it), whisk collectively the brownie filling in 1 bowl, after which prime with marshmallows in direction of the tip. See recipe Be aware if you wish to use do-it-yourself marshmallow creme because the topping as an alternative. For greatest outcomes, I don’t advocate store-bought marshmallow creme.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Make the crust: Combine the graham cracker crumbs and granulated sugar collectively in a medium bowl, after which stir within the melted butter. The combination will likely be thick, coarse, and sandy. Pour the combination an ungreased 9-inch pie dish. With medium strain utilizing your hand, pat the crumbs down into the underside and up the perimeters to make a compact crust. Don’t pack down with heavy power as a result of that results in a tough crust. Merely pat down till the combination is not crumby/crumbly.
- Make the brownie batter instantly earlier than spreading into crust: Slice the butter into Tablespoon-size items and soften within the microwave in a big heatproof bowl or in a small saucepan on the range. (Switch melted butter to a big bowl if utilizing the range.) Whisk the oil and granulated sugar into the melted butter. Let it sit for 3-5 minutes to barely cool. Whisk in 2 entire eggs, 1 egg yolk, and vanilla extract till mixed. Add the cocoa powder, flour, and salt and whisk till mixed. Batter will likely be thick. Fold within the chocolate chips. Batter will proceed to thicken the longer it sits, so instantly spoon and unfold evenly into crust.
- Bake for half-hour. Take away from the oven and organize marshmallows on prime, urgent every very calmly down into the filling to assist them stick. Return pie to the oven and proceed to bake for a further 3 minutes to toast the marshmallows. If the marshmallows aren’t toasted to your liking after this time, activate the broiler for 30-60 seconds and take away the pie as quickly because the marshmallows look toasted. Don’t stroll away from the oven as a result of toasting can occur quick and the marshmallows and crust can shortly burn.
- Take away pie from the oven and funky for at the very least 45 minutes on a wire rack. For greatest presentation and neatest slices, enable to chill for nearer to 2 hours or cool utterly. For further neat slices, run a really sharp knife underneath heat water and wipe dry between slices.
- Cowl and retailer leftover pie at room temperature for as much as 3 days or within the fridge for as much as 1 week. You possibly can reheat slices for a couple of seconds within the microwave if desired.
- Can I Use Brownie Combine? Sure. For ease, you should use a ready boxed brownie combine to fill the unbaked graham cracker crust. Similar precise baking and topping directions.
- Marshmallow Meringue Topping As a substitute of Marshmallows: For those who want, you’ll be able to prime this pie with do-it-yourself marshmallow meringue as an alternative of marshmallows. Change the bake time from half-hour to 32–35 minutes (err on the aspect of underbaked as a result of the brownie will proceed to set because it cools). Let the pie cool utterly set on a wire rack. Make the marshmallow meringue topping as instructed on this s’mores brownie cupcakes recipe. Use a spatula or giant spoon to unfold the topping on the cooled pie and, if desired, fastidiously use a kitchen torch to toast it. (Don’t place underneath oven broiler.) Chopping into this pie is much less messy than the marshmallow-topped pie, however making the meringue provides extra steps.
- Graham Cracker Crust Alternate options: For those who stay exterior the U.S. and graham crackers aren’t available, listed below are another choices for the pie crust. (1) Make an Oreo crust as an alternative. You possibly can observe the directions from this cookies & cream pie. No have to prebake, simply put together the crust combination, press into pan and proceed with s’mores brownie pie filling/directions above. (2) You possibly can substitute speculoos cookie crumbs (like Biscoff) and scale back sugar down to three Tablespoons (38g). (3) Or you could love this brookie pie, which makes use of chocolate chip cookie dough because the crust.
- Recipe tailored from The S’mores Cookbook.
Key phrases: s’mores brownie pie, s’mores pie
Baking Made Simple
Are you new to this web site? This e mail sequence is a good place to begin. I’ll stroll you thru a couple of of my hottest recipes and present you precisely why they work.