Mexican Tater Tot Casserole is a scrumptious budget-friendly dinner that’s nice for any day. A baked casserole with floor beef, canned soup, and a mix of cheeses topped with crispy tater tots is traditional consolation meals.
This publish accommodates affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Tater Tot Mexican Casserole
In the event you like Tater Tot casserole, attempt it Mexican type – it’s the proper strategy to change it up. And, in case you are a fan of meals you could throw collectively shortly and fulfill the entire household, this casserole is for you.
Furthermore, everybody loves tater tots and Mexican meals, so why not mix the 2? It’s the very best tater tot casserole for any time you’ve a yearning for some Mexican consolation meals.
Why You Ought to Strive This Recipe for Mexican Tater Tots
This Mexican beef and tater tot casserole is ideal for these weeknights or weekends when you’ve an excessive amount of occurring and would like not to spend so much of additional time within the kitchen.
Plus, it’s a budget-friendly recipe that stretches a pound of floor beef to feed your total household. Oh, and it’s a kind of household pleasant recipes nice for a potluck.
This yummy Mexican-style casserole recipe provides you a simple and hearty meal that your complete household will love! Furthermore, there’s simply one thing about utilizing tater tots in a dish that makes it particularly enjoyable for teenagers. You may even get them concerned within the kitchen to assist placed on the tater tots – put them on tater tot responsibility!
Mexican Casserole With Tater Tots – Substances You Want
This scrumptious Tater Tot casserole will get a lot of its taste from blended Mexican cheeses. It’s a flavorful, hits-the-spot dish that’s excellent for chilly days and makes use of some substances that you probably have already got, particularly:
- Tater tots
- Floor beef
- Mexican mix cheese
- Cream of mushroom soup
- Cream of hen soup
Word: Mexican mix cheese is a mixture of 4 cheeses – Monterey Jack, Cheddar, asadero, and queso quesadilla.
Tips on how to Make Mexican Tater Tot Casserole
There’s nothing difficult about making this Mexican-flavored dish. Right here, briefly, is what you do:
- Brown the bottom beef in a skillet over medium warmth. Drain the bottom beef.
- Combine the 2 soups and the cheese collectively and stir within the meat.
- Place the combination in a casserole dish and layer Tater Tots on high.
- Bake at 350°F till golden brown.
Tip: Make sure to drain the browned beef properly, so the Tots don’t absorb the additional liquid. Additionally, sticking them below the broiler on the finish of the cooking time helps to crisp them up.
This recipe for Mexican Tater Tots is extremely customizable and offers you an opportunity to make use of up any odds and ends of leftovers. Listed here are some concepts for variations:
- Rooster Tater Tot casserole or turkey tater tot casserole: In case you are not a beef fan, you may substitute floor hen or turkey.
- Pork Tater Tot casserole: Floor pork would even be scrumptious.
- Cook dinner the bottom meat with onions and peppers.
- Add chorizo or bacon.
- Spice it up. Add taco seasoning or chili powder to the bottom beef.
- Substitute the Mexican mix cheese with cheddar cheese.
- For a spicier casserole, embody some diced jalapeno peppers or a can of inexperienced chiles.
- Add beans. Black beans, kidney beans, pinto beans, and even garbanzo beans are nice ones to make use of.
- Add corn and black beans for an additional increase of protein and fiber.
- For an additional Mexican tacky floor beef casserole, swap the cream of mushroom soup for Campbell’s Nacho Cheese Soup.
- For a vegetarian possibility, substitute beefless crumbles, or change the meat along with your favourite beans.
What to Serve With Mexican Tater Tot Casserole
Serve this Mexican floor beef casserole with tater tots with a easy salad on the facet, and also you’ve bought a wonderfully simple and scrumptious weeknight meal.
You too can pair it with a facet dish of sauteed, roasted, or grilled greens. Roasted potatoes
Put a giant dollop of bitter cream on high, along with some contemporary cilantro, olives, and tomato.
What’s the Finest Option to Retailer Casserole Leftovers?
Fridge: Leftovers may be saved in a sealed container within the fridge for as much as 2 days and reheated within the microwave.
Freezer: Sure, you may freeze Mexican Tater Tot casserole tightly coated for as much as 3 months. It is a nice freezer meal to make for a big household. To reheat, bake the casserole at 350°F till heated by means of. You might want so as to add an additional 5 to 10 minutes of baking time if it’s coming straight from the freezer.
- Word: In the event you use a glass casserole dish, thaw within the fridge first and bake per fridge directions. Most glass dishes will shatter in the event that they go immediately from the freezer to the oven.
Make Forward: Make this recipe for Mexican Tater Tot casserole forward of time (minus the Tater Tots), wrap it in plastic wrap, and retailer it in a sealed container within the fridge for as much as 2 days previous to cooking.
Favourite Foremost Dish Casserole Recipes
Standard Mexican Recipes
Due to viewer Wendy Hodge for this tater tots recipe.
Mexican Tater Tot Casserole
This Tater Tot Casserole will get its taste from the particular mix of Mexican cheeses.
- 1 pound floor beef
- 8 ounces Mexican mix cheese
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of hen soup
- 28 ounces tater tots
Brown and drain meat. Whereas that is browning, in a big bowl, combine the cream of mushroom, cream of hen and cheese collectively. When the meat is drained, stir it in with the combination. Put right into a baking pan and layer the highest with Tater tots. Bake at 350 till Tater tots are golden brown
Energy: 478kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 21g | Fats: 30g | Saturated Fats: 11g | Ldl cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 1197mg | Potassium: 506mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 255IU | Vitamin C: 7.4mg | Calcium: 217mg | Iron: 2.5mg