We love these fast and straightforward stuffed mushrooms with cheese, garlic, and candy onion. It’s arduous to eat simply one among these tacky, garlicky mushroom caps! Leap to the Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
We’re sharing how we make stuffed mushrooms. You’ll be able to stuff absolutely anything into mushroom caps, however this indulgent mixture of melty cheese, garlic, candy onion, and herbs is my favourite.
Should you love mushrooms as a lot as we do, check out our no-fail methodology for cooking mushrooms. Take pleasure in them as a facet, add to pasta, toast, eggs, and extra.
Greatest Suggestions for Stuffed Mushrooms
After we have been testing these vegetarian stuffed mushrooms, Adam and I downed the entire pan in a single sitting. Because of a lot of garlic and recent herbs, they’re loaded with taste.
With regards to stuffed mushrooms, there are some things to remember:
- Use white button or cremini (brown) mushrooms. These varieties are an ideal measurement, and the cavity is good for including the stuffed mushroom filling.
- Should you discover any grime on the mushrooms, use a barely damp paper towel to brush it off. In case your mushrooms are unusually soiled, shortly rinse them below water then pat them very dry.
- Use a rimmed baking sheet or extensive skillet when roasting the mushroom caps. This fashion, any liquid launched by the mushrooms or filling stays within the pan.
- We use two tablespoons of minced garlic, which is rather a lot. Should you LOVE garlic, add a bit extra to the filling.
- Use your favourite cheese. In our images, we used further sharp cheddar. It’s flavorful and melts properly, however different cheeses work nicely, too. Attempt Swiss or Gruyere, brie, feta, goat cheese, or a mix of cheeses. The choices are infinite.
- Add some bacon or sausage. Cook dinner them first, then stir them into your filling.
Simply earlier than baking the mushrooms, we sprinkle toasted breadcrumbs on prime of the stuffed mushroom caps. I like the additional crunch this provides, however if you happen to don’t have them available or keep away from bread or carbs, you may go away them out.
The mushrooms bake for 15 to twenty minutes — Take them out when the mushrooms soften barely, and the cheese melts. Serve the mushrooms with a couple of recent herbs on prime. I take advantage of chives within the recipe video.
Should you liked these mushrooms, check out easier appetizers to serve alongside them:
Simple Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
These cheese and garlic stuffed mushrooms are easy to place collectively and simply adapt to your favourite cheeses. We love utilizing a pointy cheddar, however mozzarella, Swiss, Gruyere cheese, and even creamier cheeses like feta, goat, and brie will all work. After all, a mix of cheeses is a good concept, too!
Makes 20 stuffed mushroom caps
Watch Us Make the Recipe
You Will Want
20 white button or cremini mushrooms (about 10 ounces)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup chopped onion (half medium onion)
2 tablespoons minced garlic (4 to five cloves)
2 teaspoons chopped recent rosemary or thyme, see notes for parsley
2 ounces shredded cheese like sharp cheddar, mozzarella, Swiss or a mix
3 tablespoons breadcrumbs (use panko or common breadcrumbs)
Salt and recent floor black pepper
1 tablespoon chopped recent parsley or chives for serving, non-obligatory
Warmth oven to 375° levels Fahrenheit.
Utilizing a moist paper towel, brush all grime from the mushrooms. Take away the mushroom stems. Minimize away and discard any arduous bits of the stems, then finely mince them.
Add the mushroom caps to a rimmed baking sheet or sizeable oven-safe skillet that matches the mushrooms in a single layer. Toss them with a tablespoon of olive oil and calmly season with recent floor black pepper. Prepare them cavity-side-up in order that they’re able to be stuffed.
Soften butter in a skillet over medium warmth. Add the onions, chopped mushroom stalks, and a pinch of salt. Cook dinner, sometimes stirring, till the onions scent candy and are mushy, about 5 minutes.
Add the garlic and herbs, then prepare dinner for an additional minute or till the garlic is aromatic. Earlier than the garlic begins to brown, scrape the combination right into a bowl and set it apart to chill.
Add the breadcrumbs to the identical skillet. Place it over medium-low warmth, after which prepare dinner, stirring, till they’re calmly toasted; about one minute.
Stir the cheese into the onions and garlic combination, then divide the filling between the mushroom caps. Sprinkle the toasted breadcrumbs on prime.
Bake the mushrooms till the cheese has melted and the mushrooms have softened; 15 to twenty minutes.
Serve with chopped recent herbs and freshly floor black pepper on prime.
Adam and Joanne’s Suggestions
- Parsley is great as an alternative of or along with the rosemary or thyme. Since parsley is much less pungent, use two tablespoons of chopped parsley.
- To make use of dried herbs as an alternative of recent, use 3/4 of a teaspoon of dried rosemary or thyme. Italian seasoning may also work.
- Add any leftover filling to scrambled eggs, omelets, mashed potatoes, or rice.
- Diet information: The vitamin information offered beneath are estimates. We’ve got used the USDA database to calculate approximate values.
Should you make this recipe, snap a photograph and hashtag it #inspiredtaste — We like to see your creations on Instagram and Fb! Discover us: @inspiredtaste
Diet Per Serving: Serving Measurement 1 stuffed mushroom cap / Energy 35 / Complete Fats 2.4g / Saturated Fats 1g / Ldl cholesterol 4.3mg / Sodium 29.7mg / Carbohydrate 2.3g / Dietary Fiber 0.3g / Complete Sugars 0.6g / Protein 1.5g