Prep 20 minutes
Prepare dinner 2 hrs 40 minutes
Complete 3 hrs
This Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust is the dessert of the season! A delicate, velvety pumpkin pie-like cheesecake units atop a deliciously crunchy gingersnap crust, whereas traditional cream cheese frosting places the entire thing excessive.
Is it time to make All of the Pumpkin Issues but? Not everybody jumps on that bandwagon within the fall and winter, however let me inform you, I’m right here for it. It’s such a comfortable time of yr, and I at all times get pleasure from pulling out my recipes for Pumpkin Snickerdoodles, Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls, and The Finest Pumpkin Muffins, amongst many others!
Many of those favorites are easy, homestyle bakes and treats, however now and again you kinda want a showstopper, proper? A dessert to impress, an indulgence that takes a bit of extra time and delivers an enormous wow – with a beautiful taste, after all. This pumpkin cheesecake with a gingersnap crust is that dessert.
Searching for smaller indiviual cheesecakes? Do this simple recipe for Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes!
What Does Pumpkin Cheesecake Style Like?
The style of pumpkin cheesecake is good and creamy, with a comfortable (however not overwhelming pumpkin spice) taste. It nonetheless has a number of the tangy goodness of conventional cheesecake, however not fairly as robust. Assume New York Model cheesecake, blended with traditional pumpkin pie!
The Elements You’ll Want
These elements are so tempting, should you’re something like me you’ll get hungry simply studying the checklist. Right here we go:
For the Gingersnap Crust
- Gingersnaps: Crush them up. Should you don’t have common gingersnaps, nearly any crisp spice cookie will do.
- Butter: Soften the butter on the range or within the microwave earlier than utilizing.
- Brown Sugar: Just a bit bit is all you’ll want.
For the Cheesecake Filling
- Cream Cheese: That is normally bought in 8-ounce blocks or tubs. You’ll want three of them, or 24 ounces complete.
- Brown Sugar and Granulated Sugar: Be sure to pack the brown sugar into your measuring cup whenever you measure it.
- Eggs and Egg Yolks: At room temperature, for finest outcomes.
- Pumpkin: You want pure pumpkin puree right here, canned or selfmade.
- Cream: A little bit of heavy cream provides this cheesecake the proper texture.
- Vanilla: Pure vanilla extract provides the very best taste.
- Flour: Utilizing a small quantity of flour within the cheesecake batter provides stability to the completed cheesecake.
- Spices: Cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves add that excellent “pumpkin spice” taste. Should you choose, you’ll be able to substitute a few teaspoons of your favourite pre-mixed pumpkin pie spice.
- Frosting (Optionally available): Half a batch of this luscious Cream Cheese Frosting makes an attractive, decadent topping.
Let’s Make Some Cheesecake!
Making pumpkin cheesecake with gingersnap crust is one thing of a labor of affection – there are fairly a couple of steps concerned to make the proper creamy dessert. It’s useful to learn the recipe a couple of instances earlier than you get began, so that you simply’re acquainted with the steps from the beginning.
Make the Gingersnap Crust
- Prep the Oven and the Pan. You’ll need to make the crust first, to be able to pour the filling into it when the filling is prepared. To get began, set your oven to preheat to 350°F. Then spray a 9-inch springform pan with baking spray, and line the underside with parchment paper.
- Make the Crust Combination and Press into the Pan. In a medium-sized bowl, mix the cxrust elements, and blend nicely with a fork or spoon till you have got a good, moist combination. Press this into the underside of your springform pan.
- Bake. Place the pan with the crust into the oven, and let it bake for about 10 minutes. Take it out of the oven, and let it cool when you make the filling.
Make the Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling
- Beat the Cream Cheese and Sugar. At this level, you’ll be able to flip down the oven to 300°F. Mix the cream cheese, brown sugar, and common sugar within the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat these elements collectively till completely easy. This could take about 3 – 4 minutes on excessive velocity.
- Beat within the Eggs. Subsequent, beat within the eggs and egg yolks for about 2 minutes.
- Beat within the Remaining Elements. Add the pumpkin, cream, and vanilla, and beat till the combination is sweet and easy. Lastly, sprinkle within the flour and the spices, and stir nicely to include.
Assemble, Bake, and Chill
- Pour into the Ready Pan, and Set in a Water Bathtub. Pour your cheesecake filling into the springform pan with the crust. Clean out the highest, if wanted, with a spatula. Then rigorously set the pan onto a big sheet of industrial quality foil, and crimp the foil up the edges of the pan. Set the foil-wrapped springform pan into a bigger baking pan, and add sufficient water to return about 1 inch up the edges of the springform pan. That is the “water tub,” which can create a pleasant steamy setting for the cheesecake whereas it bakes.
- Bake! Slide the big baking pan with the springform pan inside it into the oven. Bake it for an hour and half-hour.
- Let the Cheesecake Relaxation within the Heat Oven. Flip off the oven, however don’t open the door. Let the cheesecake relaxation within the heat oven for an hour.
- Cool on a Cooling Rack. After one hour, you’ll be able to take the cheesecake out of the oven and let it cool on a rack for a number of hours, till it reaches room temperature.
- Chill. As soon as the cheesecake reaches room temperature, cowl it (foil or plastic wrap is okay) and chill it within the fridge for not less than three hours, or in a single day.
Enhance and Serve
- Pipe Frosting onto the Chilled Cheesecake. As soon as the cake is totally chilled, fill a piping bag with cream cheese frosting. Pipe the frosting on as desired (I used different-sized star suggestions, and piped frosting all around the floor of the cheesecake).
- Garnish as Desired. Should you like, sprinkle cinnamon and/or crushed gingersnaps over the frosting.
- Take pleasure in! Slice and serve your completed cheesecake.
Wish to know extra? You’re in the precise place. These useful suggestions will be sure that your pumpkin cheesecake is ideal each time!
- Crush Time: When crushing the gingersnaps, you’ll be able to go the old style means and place them right into a baggie and crush them utilizing a rolling pin – or for a better technique, you’ll be able to place them right into a meals processor and crush them that means.
- Extremely-Clean: For easy cream cheese, make sure to beat the cream cheese completely in the beginning of the prep course of, when there are little to no elements mixed with it. This manner, you’ll be able to make it possible for all the clumps are smoothed out from the get-go.
- Chilling Notes: Don’t get impatient to slice into this cheesecake till it has chilled. The chilling makes an immense distinction and the way agency it is going to be. I promise it’s well worth the wait!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Variations
You can also make every kind of yummy changes right here, particularly in terms of the crust and the toppings. Examine these out!
- Graham Cracker Crust: Should you don’t need to use gingersnaps, it is a excellent recipe to go along with a selfmade Graham Cracker Crust, as an alternative. It’s simply nearly as good, however rather less spice-forward.
- Low-Carb Crust: An almond or pecan crust could be improbable right here, and makes an incredible low-carb/gluten-free choice. (To maintain the cheesecake filling gluten-free, test all your elements rigorously, and swap the flour for some cornstarch. The feel could change barely.)
- Caramel Sauce Topping: The Caramel Sauce on this recipe is straightforward to make, and could be improbable drizzled over your cooled, embellished cheesecake.
- Showstopping Topping: Should you actually need to go all out, do your self a favor and do that unbelievable Pecan Praline Sauce! Spoon a bit of over every slice, or use it to prime the whole cheesecake. Oh my.
The right way to Retailer Leftover Cheesecake
To maintain different meals odors from entering into the cheesecake, ensure to cowl the leftovers tightly or place them in an hermetic container. Leftover pumpkin cheesecake will hold for as much as 5 days within the fridge.
Can I Freeze This?
Sure, you’ll be able to! Retailer pumpkin cheesecake in your freezer for as much as 3 months. I like to recommend wrapping it tightly in a single layer of plastic wrap, adopted by a layer of foil.
Prepare dinner Time
2 hours 40 minutes
For the Gingersnap Crust
- 1 ½ cups gingersnaps
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
For the Cheesecake
- 24 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 3 massive eggs, room temperature
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 ¼ cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon floor ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 batch cream cheese frosting, for topping (non-compulsory)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with baking spray and line the underside with parchment paper should you so want.
- In a medium-sized bowl mix all the elements for the crust and blend till the gingersnaps are moist. Press the crust combination into the underside of the springform pan in a good layer.
- Place into the preheated oven to bake for 10 minutes. As soon as baked, take away from the warmth and place onto a cooling rack to chill when you make the cheesecake batter.
- Cut back the oven warmth to 300°F.
- Place the cream cheese, brown sugar and sugar into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat on medium-high velocity for 3-4 minutes or till a really easy combination has fashioned.
- Add within the eggs and egg yolks and beat for a further 2 minutes or till integrated. Add within the pumpkin puree, heavy cream, and vanilla, and beat once more till easy. Add within the flour and spices and stir to include.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the springform pan over the crust and easy the highest. Cowl the underside and the edges of the cheesecake pan with tin foil to keep away from having water seep in. Place cheesecake into a big pan and fill pan with sufficient water to return up 1 inch of the edges of the springform pan to create a water tub.
- Place cheesecake (within the water tub) into the oven to bake for 1 hour and half-hour (at 300°F). As soon as it has baked, flip the warmth off and go away the cheesecake within the oven to relaxation for 1 hour with the door closed. As soon as the cheesecake has rested, take away from the oven and place onto a cooling rack to chill for a number of hours or till it has reached room temperature.
- As soon as the cheesecake is at room temperature, cowl with tin foil or plastic wrap and place it into the fridge to sit back for not less than 3 hours or in a single day.
- As soon as the cheesecake has chilled and you’re able to serve, pipe completely different sizes of star swirls of cream cheese frosting over the whole floor of the cheesecake. You’ll be able to then sprinkle a bit of little bit of cinnamon (and/or crushed gingersnaps) over the floor of the frosting. Then it is able to slice and serve!
Cheesecake could also be saved in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 5 days or within the freezer for as much as three months.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 525Complete Fats: 35gSaturated Fats: 19gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 12gLdl cholesterol: 164mgSodium: 489mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 3gSugar: 25gProtein: 8g
Extra Creamy Cheesecake Recipes
This put up could comprise affiliate hyperlinks. Learn my disclosure coverage.