These gentle and chewy Potato Chip Cookies are loaded with crunchy chips and loads of chocolate for the proper stability of salty and candy. My recipe is fast and simple to make with NO chilling required! Recipe features a how-to video.
A Candy and Salty Sensation
A mashup of final snacking proportions, these potato chip cookies are a candy and salty dream come true. Candy, gentle and chewy chocolate chip cookies punctuated by crisp, salty pops of kettle chips–actually, what extra might you need? These are distinctive and irresistibly addictive, and I simply know you’re going to like them.
This recipe is absolutely really easy. There’s no ready for butter to melt, no want for a mixer, and no chilling. Utilizing melted butter as a substitute of softened retains issues fast and easy, and it provides a taste and texture just like my banana cookies. The toughest half is resisting consuming all of the dough earlier than you bake it!
What’s so nice about my recipe?
- NO chilling!
- Designed to be gentle and chewy–not cakey.
- Mini chocolate chips=extra chocolate taste per chunk.
- End with a sprinkle of sea salt for an additional particular contact!
What You Want
Just some primary components come collectively to make these cookies. Listed here are a number of of the celebrities on this recipe:
- Melted butter. Whereas we’re going for a salty/candy taste mixture right here, it’s essential than you employ unsalted butter on this recipe. Not solely are we including salty chips, however we’re additionally including a sprinkle of sea salt on the finish. For those who use salted butter, your cookies will most undoubtedly be too salty.
- Darkish brown sugar. Darkish brown sugar provides a richness and slight caramel taste to the dough. For those who don’t have any readily available, try my put up on the way to make brown sugar (it’s straightforward!).
- Cornstarch. This makes our cookies good and gentle whereas additionally stopping them from spreading an excessive amount of on the baking sheet.
- Potato chips. I like to recommend utilizing thicker, sturdy chips, like kettle chips. Be certain yours are plain, salted chips (though maple bacon kettle chips may be an attention-grabbing mixture🤔).
- Mini chocolate chips. Actually any type will work. I like to make use of semi-sweet chocolate chips!
SAM’S TIP: I like to recommend breaking apart the potato chips together with your arms, that manner you may management how small the items get. We would like chunks of chips, not pulverized crumbs.
Bear in mind, that is simply an outline of the components I used and why. For the total recipe please scroll all the way down to the underside of the put up!
The way to Make Potato Chip Cookies
- Mix the cooled melted butter and sugars till mixed.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and stir effectively.
- Mix the dry components in a separate bowl, then step by step add them to the moist components.
- Stir within the crushed potato chips and chocolate chips till mixed.
- Scoop the dough into balls, roll between your palms, and place 2″ aside on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, then take away the cookies from the oven and sprinkle with sea salt.
SAM’S TIP: Because the potato chips are likely to make this dough need to collapse, I like to recommend briefly rolling your cookie scoops between your palms earlier than baking for extra uniform cookies.
Continuously Requested Questions
Melted butter retains these potato chip cookies good and chewy. It additionally ensures that each little bit of dough is coated in butter, offering a greater taste as effectively. I really like utilizing melted butter in lots of my cookie recipes, like my big chocolate chip cookies!
Thicker, crunchier chips, like kettle chips work finest; common potato chips can get misplaced within the batter. Both clean or ripple chips will work wonderful right here.
Sure! These cookies ought to freeze simply wonderful. You’ll be able to retailer them in an hermetic container for a number of months.
These cookies would make wonderful ice cream sandwiches with some vanilla or chocolate ice cream–yum!
Get pleasure from!
Let’s bake collectively! I’ll be strolling you thru all of the steps in my written recipe and video under! For those who do this recipe, make sure you tag me on Instagram, and you can too discover me on YouTube and Fb
Potato Chip Cookies
Servings: 26 cookies
Stop your display from going darkish
Preheat oven to 350F (175C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Put aside.
In a big bowl, mix melted (cooled!) butter and sugars and stir till well-combined.
Add eggs and vanilla extract and stir effectively.
In a separate bowl, whisk collectively flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Steadily add dry components to moist till utterly mixed.
Add damaged potato chips and mini chocolate chips and use a spatula or spoon to stir till utterly mixed and chips are well-distributed via the dough (dough will likely be stiff, the chips will likely be damaged up extra as you’re employed them into the dough)..
Scoop dough by roughly 2-Tablespoon-sized scoops and drop onto ready baking sheet, spacing cookies at the least 2” (5cm) aside (for extra uniform wanting cookies, briefly roll the dough between your palms to kind a clean ball earlier than putting on baking sheet).
Switch to the middle rack of 350F (175C) oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. Edges could be starting to show a light-weight golden brown, however cookies will doubtless nonetheless seem barely underdone within the facilities.
Instantly sprinkle with sea salt after eradicating from oven. Enable cookies to chill utterly on the baking sheet (the place the facilities will end baking because the cookies cool) earlier than eradicating and having fun with.
Retailer in an hermetic container at room temperature for as much as 4-5 days.
Serving: 1cookie | Energy: 245kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 3g | Fats: 11g | Saturated Fats: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 3g | Trans Fats: 0.3g | Ldl cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 152mg | Potassium: 112mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 252IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1mg
Dietary data relies on third-party calculations and needs to be thought-about an estimate solely. Precise dietary content material will differ primarily based upon manufacturers used, measuring strategies, cooking technique, portion sizes, and extra.