Prep 20 minutes
Cook dinner 30 minutes
Add’l 3 hrs
Whole 20 minutes
Peanut Butter Cake is moist, fluffy, and full of peanut butter taste. The sunshine, creamy frosting additionally comprises loads of peanut butter, for a candy and salty dessert everybody will adore!
*This recipe is sponsored by Dixie Crystals. Thanks for supporting the manufacturers that make this web site doable!*
The Final Peanut Butter Dessert!
There are these of us who like peanut butter, and people of us who love peanut butter. This cake is for each teams – however for peanut butter lovers, it would simply be the proper dessert. As a result of there are not any distractions on this recipe: it’s all in regards to the peanut butter.
The outcome? A moist, springy sheet cake, full of a punch of peanut butter, and topped with a light-weight and fluffy, do-it-yourself peanut butter frosting. Add in your favourite peanut butter candies, and everybody will need seconds!
What You’ll Want
The substances for this are all pretty fundamental baking objects, from sugar and vanilla to flour, eggs, and butter. You most likely have already got most of them readily available! Right here’s the complete record:
For the Cake:
- Flour: All-purpose flour works completely for this recipe.
- Baking Powder and Baking Soda: To make the cake gentle and fluffy.
- Butter: Let the butter soften to room temperature earlier than you employ it.
- Vegetable Oil: A bit of little bit of vegetable oil provides moisture. You don’t want a lot, as a result of the peanut butter and buttermilk assist add to the feel.
- Sugar: Common granulated sugar – I take advantage of my favourite Dixie Crystals model.
- Peanut Butter: Creamy peanut butter.
- Vanilla: Pure vanilla extract offers the very best taste.
- Eggs: The eggs also needs to be at room temperature.
- Buttermilk: Room temperature as properly.
For the Frosting:
- Butter: You’ll want unsalted butter, at room temperature, for the frosting.
- Peanut Butter: Creamy peanut butter is finest for this recipe.
- Vanilla: Pure vanilla extract offers the very best taste.
- Powdered Sugar: Sift the powdered sugar earlier than utilizing. Once more, I like to recommend my favourite Dixie Crystals.
- Milk: For thinning the frosting, as wanted.
- Reese’s Items: These are elective, for topping the cake.
Let’s Bake a Cake!
Getting the feel of this cake proper is all about mixing and measuring. Make sure that to measure accurately, and blend within the order given.
- Prep the Oven and Pan. First off, you’ll must preheat your oven to 350°F, and grease a 9×13 baking pan. You need to use oil or butter, or spray it with nonstick spray.
- Mix the Dry Substances. Subsequent, get out a medium mixing bowl, and stir collectively the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Cream the Butter, Oil, and Sugar. Utilizing a stand mixer or a hand mixer, mix the softened butter, vegetable oil, and granulated sugar in a clear bowl and blend, beginning on low pace and progressively growing the pace to medium-high. Combine for two – 3 minutes, till creamy and well-blended.
- Add the Remaining Moist Substances. Now flip the mixer again to low, and add the peanut butter and vanilla extract to the bowl. Combine properly to totally incorporate the peanut butter, after which add the eggs one after the other, mixing properly between every egg. Regularly add the buttermilk, and blend that additionally till it’s well-combined.
- Mix the Moist and Dry Substances. Pour the flour combination into the bowl with the moist substances. Beat the batter till it’s simply mixed, with no extra dry flour seen. Watch out to not overmix, or the cake may have a tricky texture.
- Bake! Pour the cake batter into your ready baking dish. Bake the cake for 28 – 32 minutes, or till a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clear. As soon as the cake is finished, take it out of the oven. Let the cake cool fully (this will take 2 – 3 hours) earlier than frosting.
- Make the Frosting. Whereas the cake is cooling, use a clear mixing bowl and hand mixer to cream the butter, peanut butter, vanilla extract, and salt collectively. Subsequent, pour in half of the powdered sugar and a tablespoon of milk. Combine once more. Lastly, add the remainder of the powdered sugar, improve the pace of the mixer from low to excessive, and beat the frosting for two – 3 minutes, till gentle and fluffy. (If it appears too thick, you may add the remaining 1 tablespoon of milk to skinny it out).
- Frost the Cake. Unfold the completed frosting over the absolutely cooled cake, and prime with a sprinkling of Reese’s Items (for those who’re utilizing these).
So there you’ve got it, an ideal peanut butter cake for these peanut butter fans in your life. This cake is a snap to make, and these useful hints will make it simply that a lot simpler.
- Room Temperature: Bringing the butter, milk, eggs, and buttermilk to room temperature is vital to assist all of the substances correctly incorporate.
- Buttermilk Substitution: You need to use common milk as a substitute of the buttermilk, for those who desire.
- Frosting Enjoyable: This isn’t a frosting-heavy cake, however you may double the frosting for those who like!
- Extra Topping Concepts: High this cake with with Reese’s Items, chopped peanut butter cups, chopped peanuts, and/or peanut butter baking chips for a blast of peanut butter goodness.
- Cooling Time: The cake should be absolutely cooled earlier than frosting, as a result of the frosting is delicate and might soften even when the cake is simply heat.
How one can Retailer Peanut Butter Cake
Retailer this cake at room temperature, lined or in an hermetic container. It’s going to maintain for as much as three days.
Can I Freeze This?
Sure, in reality, most truffles freeze very properly. To freeze this one, I like to recommend putting it in a lined container within the freezer for about one hour, to assist the frosting agency up. Then wrap the cake tightly in a layer of plastic wrap, adopted by a layer of foil. Mark with the date, and freeze for as much as three months. Finished! To serve, simply let the cake thaw to room temperature-ish.
Extra Indulgent Peanut Butter Recipes
Have a peanut butter lover in your own home? Me too! Really, all 5 of us love peanut butter desserts! Listed below are a number of extra of my favourite peanut butter dessert recipes:
Yield: About 15 Slices
Peanut Butter Cake
Peanut Butter Cake is moist, fluffy, and full of peanut butter taste. The sunshine, creamy frosting can also be made with loads of peanut butter, for a candy and salty dessert everybody will adore.
Cook dinner Time
For the Peanut Butter Cake:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cup Dixie Crystals Granulated Sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 giant eggs, room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups buttermilk, room temperature
For the Frosting:
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Powdered Sugar, sifted
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup Reese’s Items, elective, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with nonstick spray, and put aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Combine with a fork or a whisk, and put aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix the softened butter, vegetable oil, and granulated sugar. Beginning on low, progressively improve the pace to medium-high, and blend for two – 3 minutes, till well-combined.
- Flip the mixer to low. Add the peanut butter and vanilla extract, mixing till completely included. Subsequent, add the eggs separately, mixing properly between every addition. Regularly add the buttermilk, beating till well-combined.
- Add the dry substances to the bowl, and blend till simply mixed and no extra dry flour is seen. Watch out to not overmix. Pour the batter into the ready baking dish.
- Bake for 28 – 32 minutes, or till a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clear. As soon as the cake is finished baking, take away from the oven and permit to totally cool earlier than frosting.
- To make the frosting, use a clear mixing bowl and hand mixer to cream the butter, peanut butter, vanilla extract, and salt collectively.
- Add half the powdered sugar to the combination. Add one tablespoon of milk, and mix. Add the remainder of the powdered sugar. Regularly improve the pace of the mixer from low to excessive. Combine the frosting collectively for two – 3 minutes till gentle and fluffy. If icing is simply too thick, you may add the remaining 1 tablespoon of milk.
- Unfold the frosting over the absolutely cooled cake, and sprinkle Reese’s Items excessive (if desired). Serve instantly, or retailer in an hermetic container for as much as 3 days.
Fridge: Retailer this cake at room temperature, lined or in an hermetic container. It’s going to maintain for as much as three days.
Freezer: I like to recommend putting it in a lined container within the freezer for about one hour, to assist the frosting agency up. Then wrap the cake tightly in a layer of plastic wrap, adopted by a layer of foil. Mark with the date, and freeze for as much as three months. Finished! To serve, simply let the cake thaw to room temperature-ish.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 479Whole Fats: 28gSaturated Fats: 12gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 13gLdl cholesterol: 58mgSodium: 344mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 2gSugar: 36gProtein: 9g
This submit could comprise affiliate hyperlinks. Learn my disclosure coverage.