Peanut butter blossoms will make all of your chocolatey, peanut-y Christmas goals come true! These basic cookies are scrumptious and simple to make.
Who else loves peanut butter blossoms?! If I see these festive treats on a cookie plate across the holidays, I attain for one instantly. I believe they’re sort of genius. Peanut butter cookies are nice on their very own. So are chocolate kisses. However collectively, this pair is totally irresistible. I really like how the wealthy chocolate sweet melds into the smooth, sugar-crusted cookie. And I imply, nothing unhealthy ever occurs when peanut butter and chocolate group up. It’s no marvel that peanut butter blossoms are a Christmas basic.
In case you’re planning to make a batch this vacation season, take a look at my favourite peanut butter blossoms recipe beneath. It’s not too far off from the unique recipe, which Ohio resident Freda Smith entered within the Pillsbury Bake-Off in 1957, however I’m going a bit of heavier on the peanut butter and a bit of lighter on the sugar. We love these cookies. I hope you’re keen on them too!
Peanut Butter Blossoms Recipe Components
Right here’s what you’ll must make this peanut butter blossoms recipe:
- Peanut butter, in fact! I exploit pure creamy peanut butter to make this recipe. Make it possible for it’s easy and well-stirred. Keep away from the dry, stiff stuff that you just would possibly discover on the backside of a jar.
- All-purpose flour – Spoon and degree it to keep away from packing an excessive amount of into your measuring cup.
- Baking soda – It helps the cookies rise.
- Unsalted butter – It needs to be smooth, however not melted. I let a stick sit at room temperature for about an hour earlier than making this recipe.
- Gentle brown sugar and granulated sugar – You’ll combine the brown sugar and among the granulated sugar into the cookie dough for sweetness. Then, you’ll roll the dough within the remaining granulated sugar to create a shiny crust on the surface of the cookies.
- An egg – It binds the cookie dough collectively and helps the cookies puff up as they bake.
- Milk – For moisture. Use no matter type you retain readily available! Almond and oat are my go-tos.
- Vanilla extract – For heat depth of taste.
- Hershey’s kisses – I personally just like the darkish chocolate ones, however milk chocolate kisses (and even little peanut butter cups!) are nice too.
- And sea salt – To make the candy, nutty flavors pop!
Discover the entire recipe with measurements beneath.
How you can Make Peanut Butter Blossoms
This peanut butter blossoms recipe is so easy to make! Right here’s the way it goes:
First, make the cookie dough. Whisk collectively the dry substances in a medium bowl and set it apart.
Then, within the bowl of a stand mixer, or utilizing an electrical hand mixer, beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar till gentle and fluffy. Add the peanut butter, egg, milk, and vanilla and blend till creamy. Steadily add the dry substances and blend till simply mixed.
Subsequent, form the cookies. Use a small cookie scoop or 1-tablespoon measuring spoon to scoop heaping tablespoons of the dough. Use your arms to roll it into balls. Roll the dough balls in 1/2 cup granulated sugar and prepare them on parchment-lined baking sheets, leaving at the least an inch between balls.
Then, bake the cookies, one sheet at a time, in a 375°F oven, till wonderful cracks begin to kind within the tops of the cookies. In my oven, this takes about 8 minutes.
Lastly, add the kisses. As quickly as you take away the cookies from the oven, gently press a kiss into the highest of every one, stopping when the perimeters of the cookies begin to crack. Use a spatula to right away switch the cookies to a wire rack to chill.
Repeat with the remaining cookies, and revel in!
Peanut Butter Blossoms Recipe Ideas
- Unwrap the kisses earlier than you bake the cookies. To ensure that the chocolate kisses to stay to the cookies, the cookies should be 1) scorching and a couple of) very smooth. Which means it’s essential to add the kisses as quickly because the cookies come out of the oven. Unwrapping the kisses separately will decelerate this course of significantly, and the cookies would possibly begin to arrange earlier than you possibly can apply every kiss. For quick meeting, be certain that to unwrap the kisses forward of time!
- Bake one sheet at a time. I counsel baking one sheet at a time for all my cookie recipes, however I believe it’s particularly necessary for this one. When the peanut butter blossoms come out of the oven, you need to first press a kiss into the middle of every cookie after which instantly get the cookies off the baking sheet. It’s a lot simpler to work one sheet at a time than to frantically add the kisses to a number of baking sheets of cookies directly.
- Take the cookies off the baking sheet instantly. In case you don’t, the heat from the recent cookie sheet will begin to soften the kisses! Use a spatula to switch the cookies to a wire cooling rack as an alternative.
- Give them loads of time to chill. Peanut butter blossom cookies want to chill for a number of hours to permit the kisses to completely agency up. If you wish to pace this course of alongside, you possibly can place the cookies in a single layer on a big plate or rack within the fridge to sit back for about half-hour. As soon as the kisses are agency, retailer the cookies in an hermetic container at room temperature for as much as 4 days.
Extra Favourite Cookie Recipes
In case you love these peanut butter blossoms, attempt one in every of these yummy cookie recipes subsequent:
Need simpler cookie recipes? Discover 17 of our favorites right here!
Peanut Butter Blossoms
These peanut butter blossoms are excellent for the vacations! I like to high the smooth peanut butter cookies with darkish chocolate Hershey’s kisses, however if you happen to want, use milk chocolate sweet (and even peanut butter cups!) as an alternative.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup packed gentle brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar, plus ½ cup for rolling
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter*
- 1 massive egg
- 2 tablespoons milk, almond milk, or oat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 36 Hershey’s kiss candies, unwrapped
Preheat the oven to 375°F and line two massive baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, whisk collectively the flour, baking soda, and salt.
Within the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter, brown sugar, and ¼ cup granulated sugar till gentle and fluffy. Add the peanut butter, egg, milk, and vanilla and blend till creamy. Steadily add the dry substances and blend on low pace till simply mixed.
Scoop heaping tablespoons of the dough, then use your arms to roll it into balls. Roll the dough balls within the remaining ½ cup granulated sugar and prepare them on the ready baking sheets, leaving at the least 1 inch between balls.
Bake, one sheet at a time, for 8 minutes, or till wonderful cracks begin to kind on the tops of the balls. Take away from the oven and press a chocolate kiss into the highest of every cookie till the perimeters begin to crack. Use a spatula to right away switch the cookies to a wire rack to chill fully.
*Search for creamy peanut butter with a easy consistency to make this recipe. Keep away from the dry, stiff stuff that you just would possibly discover on the backside of a jar of pure peanut butter.