These punchy bowls are a enjoyable, refreshing summer season dinner! The candy, zesty peach salsa performs off avocado, grilled halloumi, and aromatic coconut rice.
On Sunday, I wrote all about how Jack and I really like grilling halloumi in the summertime. I believed I’d comply with up that publish with an instance of how we prefer to serve the halloumi as soon as it comes off the grill: in these scrumptious bowls!
This recipe is my type of summer season meal – one which’s recent and flavorful however nonetheless lots satisfying. It begins with a base of aromatic coconut rice and black beans. Then, I pile on the grilled halloumi, a scoop of peach salsa, and creamy avocado slices. A handful of recent mint leaves and drizzles of cilantro lime dressing are the proper ending touches!
My large tip for this recipe is to make a number of of the parts forward of time. I prefer to prep the salsa and the dressing (and the beans, if I’m cooking them myself) as much as a day prematurely. That means, it’s tremendous easy to assemble the bowls once we’re able to eat.
I do know a few of you like to put your private spin on a recipe. Please, be happy to make this bowl your individual! Listed here are a number of concepts to get you began:
- Swap the salsa. The wonderful thing about the peach salsa on this recipe is the best way its sweetness performs off the fragrant coconut rice and salty halloumi. One other fruit salsa would ship the identical distinction. Attempt changing the peach salsa with one made with mango or pineapple!
- Add additional crunch. Garnish your bowl with toasted pepitas or recent corn kernels so as to add texture.
- Nix the halloumi. Add crumbled feta to your bowl as a substitute.
- Make it extra savory. Not a giant fruit-for-dinner individual? That’s okay! Exchange the coconut rice with my cilantro lime rice, and use pico de gallo as a substitute of a fruit salsa. Skip the mint.
- Add some pop. High your bowl with a number of pickled onions or pickled jalapeño slices.
- Amp up the veg. Throw in grilled onions and/or zucchini.
Let me know what variations you strive!
Extra Enjoyable Summer time Dinners
I hope you like these summery bowls! Give them a strive, after which make one among these enjoyable dinners subsequent:
Peach Salsa Halloumi Bowls
These tasty bowls are one among our favourite summer season dinners! I really like the distinction of the candy, refreshing peach salsa with the creamy avocado and salty halloumi.
Put together the person parts based on every recipe linked above.
Assemble bowls with the rice, beans, halloumi, and avocado. High with scoops of the peach salsa and drizzle with the cilantro lime dressing. Garnish with extra herbs. Season to style and serve with lime wedges.