Panera Greek Salad with do-it-yourself salad dressing is a scrumptious meal to take pleasure in for lunch or dinner. There’s no must go to Panera Bread when this DIY salad is so significantly better and cheaper.
This submit accommodates affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Makes the Panera Greek Salad the Good Greek Salad?
Greek salads are tasty and satisfying with salty feta, tangy tomatoes, acid purple onions, and fruity kalamata olives over a mattress of dressed lettuce. A big Greek salad could make an exquisite fundamental course, whereas a smaller portion is a flexible facet salad.
The model of Greek salad that Panera Bread serves provides pepperoncini and parmesan cheese for an much more complicated taste.
Why Ought to You Make This Recipe at Dwelling
An excellent Greek salad is all concerning the freshness of the elements. Use garden-picked or direct-from-the-farmers’-market veggies for one of the best taste. And relating to style, you may’t beat do-it-yourself Dijon French dressing dressing!
However maybe the most important benefit of creating a Greek salad at dwelling, moreover saving cash, is the chance so as to add your personal twist. Take a look at the part under on recipe variations for a number of ideas.
Copycat Panera Greek Salad Recipe Components
To make Panera Greek Salad dressing, you’ll want:
- Apple cider vinegar
- Further virgin olive oil
- Dijon mustard
- Contemporary lemon juice
- Dried oregano
- Dried thyme
- Dried basil
- Minced garlic or garlic granules
- Floor black pepper
For the remainder of the salad, you’ll want:
- Romaine lettuce
- Grape tomatoes
- Feta cheese, cubed
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Purple onion, thinly sliced
- Kalamata olives
- Complete pepperoncini peppers
- Contemporary floor black pepper
Producers make feta cheese from sheep milk or a mix of sheep and goat milk. Its crumbly texture and salty, slight tangy lemony taste makes it best for sprinkling on absolutely anything.
There are a number of forms of feta however search for one that’s made within the Greek fashion and is available in a single block submerged within the brine. To do away with some saltiness, you can provide the feta a fast rinse earlier than utilizing it.
Kalamata olives are initially from the sun-drenched Peloponnese peninsula in Greece and signify Greek cooking. They’ve a naturally pronounced fruity taste with a little bit of bitterness, and the brining answer offers these olives their tang. A Greek salad is simply not the identical with out these little beauties.
Pepperoncini are small yellow-green pickled peppers with just a bit warmth however full-sized taste. It’s best to be capable to purchase pepperoncini in most supermarkets, however banana peppers are substitute in case you have issues discovering them.
How To Make Panera Greek Salad
To organize the Greek dressing:
- Mix all of the elements for the Panera Bread Greek Salad dressing recipe in a bowl.
- Use a whisk to mix.
- Cowl the bowl with plastic wrap and put it within the fridge.
- The flavour of this dressing is one of the best when it’s at room temperature, so plan accordingly.
To complete assembling the Panera Bread Copycat Greek Salad recipe:
- Rinse and dry the romaine lettuce. Slice into one-inch strips.
- Toss the romaine lettuce with salt, pepper, and two tablespoons of the do-it-yourself salad dressing. Switch the dressed lettuce into a big bowl for serving.
- Slice the grape tomatoes in half and scatter them on high of the lettuce.
- Place the kalamata olives, Greek pepperoncini, and slices of onions within the serving bowl.
- Crumble the feta cheese over the opposite elements and sprinkle on the parmesan cheese.
What To Serve With It
Serve a number of slices of focaccia or olive together with a big Greek salad. A Greek salad additionally pairs nicely with any grilled beef or rooster dish.
How To Make One Forward of Time and To Serve It Later
The salad dressing will final for as much as 5 days within the fridge.
If you’re packing the Greek salad to go, hold the dressing on the facet to stop the lettuce from getting soggy.
Doable Recipe Variations
Attempt experimenting with completely different add-ins. Listed here are a number of ideas:
- Fashionable Greek Salad Bowl: Grain bowls are taking on, and it’s simple to show this fundamental recipe right into a filling meal by including a layer of heat quinoa to the underside of the serving bowl and topping with a half portion of salad. You might need to add a number of shaved almonds, a scoop of hummus, and further dressing.
- Add meat or fish. Ordering a Panera Greek Salad with rooster is fashionable on the restaurant, however there is no such thing as a motive why you may’t add thinly sliced beef and even roasted salmon for further protein.
Love Panera? Attempt These Copycat Recipes
And there are much more Panera Salads copycat recipes.
Favourite Salad Recipes
Panera Greek Salad
You can also make Panera Bread Greek Salad at dwelling with this simple copycat recipe.
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup further virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2½ teaspoons recent lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon minced garlic or garlic granules
- ¼ teaspoon floor black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 to five cups sliced romaine lettuce
- 2 tablespoons grape tomatoes halved lengthwise
- 1½ tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 to 4 skinny slices crimson onion lower into rings
- 8 black Kalamata olives
- 3 pepperoncini
- salt and black pepper to style
Mix all the dressing elements in a small bowl and whisk collectively nicely.
If you don’t use all of it instantly, retailer the rest in a sealed container within the fridge.
You can also make the salad dressing as much as 5 days prematurely. Hold it in an hermetic container within the fridge. Take it out about an hour earlier than and shake or whisk to re-combine.
Energy: 677kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 9g | Fats: 67g | Saturated Fats: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 7g | Monounsaturated Fats: 45g | Ldl cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 1140mg | Potassium: 721mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 17010IU | Vitamin C: 40mg | Calcium: 274mg | Iron: 3mg