An oven roasted almonds recipe makes a easy but filling snack. Only one handful has 8 grams of protein, 5 grams of fiber and 18 grams of wholesome fats; discuss a snack that works for you! Whether or not you utilize this as a wholesome snack for the children or a work snack for you, these tamari almonds are a winner.
Desk of Contents
This recipe is so easy, solely two elements! But don’t sleep on this one, it’s a scrumptious snack that you simply’ll fall in love with.
- Uncooked almonds: Use complete, uncooked almonds for this recipe. You could find these in any bulk meals retailer or within the nut part of most grocery shops.
- Tamari: This can be a gluten-free model of soy sauce. It nonetheless comprises soy, so if that bothers you then swap it out for coconut aminos, a similar-tasting sauce with out soy. You could find this within the worldwide aisle of your native grocery retailer, or in an Asian grocery store.
I really like the smoky, deep taste these tamari almonds deliver to my day and I can’t recover from how easy they’re to make.
Easy methods to Make Oven Roasted Almonds
With solely two elements, you possibly can guess that it is a pretty simple recipe to make. But nuts can shortly go from roasted to burnt, so this isn’t a recipe you wish to neglect about whereas within the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Add uncooked almonds and tamari sauce to a mixing bowl and combine totally to coat the almonds. There shall be some liquid leftover but that’s okay!
- Pour the almonds out onto the parchment-lined baking sheet and unfold out evenly. Pour any remaining tamari from the bowl over the nuts to coat. All liquid shall be soaked up into the almonds or evaporated throughout baking, so that they received’t keep moist.
- Bake 10-Quarter-hour, carefully watching to make sure the nuts don’t burn. Take away from oven and cool fully on the tray. Retailer in an air-tight container till able to take pleasure in.
Suggestions for Roasting Nuts
1. If the almonds aren’t touching the sauce, then you definately received’t get the tamari taste after toasting. Be sure you combine them effectively, then pour any remaining liquid from the bowl onto the almonds on the tray to make sure they’re fully coated.
2. It’s simple to burn nuts when roasting in an oven. If your oven runs sizzling, be at liberty to decrease the bake time and verify on them ceaselessly to keep away from burning.
3. As soon as roasted, this snack will final some time should you retailer it in a jar with a tight-fitting lid in a cool, dry place.
4. In order for you further crispy almonds, bake them nearer to fifteen minutes. Watch carefully so you possibly can whisk them out of the oven earlier than they burn.
Easy methods to Use Savory Almonds
Whereas I really like snacking on a handful whereas working or working errands, that’s not all these oven roasted almonds are good for! Roughly chop them as soon as roasted and use as a crunchy topper for a kale Caesar salad or blended in with roasted butternut squash.
They make an amazing addition to a vegan charcuterie board or tossed right into a wholesome pasta salad. Mainly, go nuts! Get artistic with how you utilize them and have enjoyable.
Oven Roasted Almonds FAQs
Bake at 350°F for 10-Quarter-hour, relying on how sizzling your oven runs. Begin checking on them across the 8-minute mark as nuts can go from finished to burnt in a short time.
No have to soak almonds earlier than roasting. I merely toss mine in a little bit of tamari sauce so as to add a deep, salty taste, then toss them on a baking sheet and stick them within the oven.
The trick is to get them totally roasted with out burning them. I don’t advocate baking at excessive warmth however as an alternative, preserve the oven at 350°F. The longer the roast, the crispier they are going to be. Simply preserve an in depth eye on the oven to make sure they aren’t getting too darkish, and do not forget that they are going to get crispier whereas cooling on the baking sheet.
Extra Filling Snack Recipes
Snack time is my fav time of day, so I’ve acquired an entire record of go-to recipes to gasoline me all through the day. Listed below are a couple of simple ones to get you began:
- No-bake power balls: These are so scrumptious and simple to place collectively. I preserve a freezer stash to tackle lengthy runs or toss within the youngsters’ lunch bins.
- Simple apple donuts: A enjoyable snack everybody can take pleasure in & high nevertheless they need.
- Wholesome granola: This granola is a neighborhood fav and goes effectively with plant milk, on high of yogurt, or simply about any approach you possibly can think about utilizing it.
- Caramel apple dip: A wholesome dip for fruit that has the caramel taste you like but with none dairy or refined sugar.
I can’t wait so that you can do this easy however irresistible snack. Would you please fee it when you’ve tried it? Add any suggestions you have got within the feedback; we learn all of them and love listening to what it’s a must to say!
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place almonds in a mixing bowl and pour tamari excessive. Stir effectively. Unfold almonds on the baking sheet and drizzle any remaining tamari from the blending bowl excessive. It is going to all be absorbed because the almonds are toasting.
Bake for 10-Quarter-hour. The almonds shall be dry to the contact and golden when they’re completed. Let cool fully on the baking sheet.
Retailer in hermetic containers till able to eat.
- Swap almonds for the nut of your selection, or use blended nuts.
- Coconut aminos can be utilized instead of tamari for a soy-free possibility.
For some variations:
- Candy: 1 cup uncooked almonds, 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, pinch sea salt
- Spicy: 1 cup uncooked almonds, 2 teaspoons recent lime juice, pinch every: cayenne and sea salt
Energy: 210kcal, Carbohydrates: 8g, Protein: 8g, Fats: 18g, Saturated Fats: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fats: 4g, Monounsaturated Fats: 11g, Trans Fats: 0.01g, Sodium: 252mg, Potassium: 272mg, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 2g, Vitamin A: 0.4IU, Calcium: 97mg, Iron: 1mg