Begin the break day with a recent and aromatic batch of morning glory muffins, full of fruit and nuts!
These muffins are absolutely loaded with shredded apples, carrots, pineapple, nuts and extra. Filled with goodness, they’re each wholesome and scrumptious.
Make an enormous batch and freeze them for simple grab-and-go breakfasts!
What are Morning Glory Muffins?
This recipe adaptation comes from Connoisseur journal’s well-known muffin of the identical title. It’s one in every of their prime recipes spanning over 50 years!
They’re the right wholesome breakfast, mid-morning snack, or post-workout deal with!
Wholesome & Hearty Muffins
- Mild and moist morning glory muffins are filled with taste, everybody loves them. They remind me of my favourite carrot cake recipe in muffin kind!
- Stuffed with fiber and wholesome fruits, veggies, and nuts they are going to hold everybody full, comfortable, and energized for hours!
- They’re versatile so add in your favourite nuts, seeds, or dried fruits.
- Similar to fast bread, morning glory muffins freeze fantastically! Double up the recipe and freeze some for later!
Components in Morning Glory Muffins
Batter – Flour, eggs, oil, and a little bit of baking soda create the bottom for these muffins. I change among the oil with unsweetened applesauce to make them just a little bit more healthy. You should use half all-purpose flour and half complete wheat flour when you’d like
Fruit – Pineapple and applesauce lock within the moisture of those muffins. Grated apples and carrots add moisture and taste. Strive including dried fruit and raisins to this morning glory muffin recipe!
Nuts – Chopped toasted pecans, walnuts, almonds, or pistachios (and even pumpkin seeds) are nice in these. Any mixture will work.
Variations – Any of the next substitutions or additions work effectively on this recipe:
- swap out the coconut for a cup of raisins or dried cranberries
- add in some orange zest
- stir in a tablespoon or two of flax seed
Methods to Make Morning Glory Muffins
These muffins will come out moist and scrumptious whenever you observe these easy steps!
- Mix the eggs with pineapple, sugar, applesauce, oil, and vanilla in a big bowl (per the recipe beneath).
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt collectively. Add the moist elements and stir.
- Gently fold within the remaining elements. Divide batter evenly into muffin tins and bake till a toothpick comes out clear. Cool on a wire rack.
Finest Option to Retailer Muffins
- Morning glory muffins are additional moist and can keep recent for about two days at room temperature or as much as every week within the fridge in an hermetic container.
- Freeze them for as much as 4 months in a big zippered bag and thaw them at room temperature in a single day or within the fridge.
- In search of different scrumptious, hearty and wholesome muffin recipes? Strive smooth, moist carrot muffins, zucchini muffins, or straightforward pumpkin muffins.
Extra Scrumptious Muffin Recipes
Did you make these Morning Glory Muffins? Go away us a ranking and a remark beneath!
Morning Glory Muffins
These straightforward morning glory muffins are the right method to begin the day!
Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a muffin pan (or line with paper liners).
Mix eggs, pineapple, sugar, apple sauce, oil, and vanilla in a big bowl.
Whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a separate bowl.
Add dry elements to egg combination and mix simply till moistened. Fold in remaining elements.
Divide combination over 16 muffin cups. Bake at 400°F for five minutes. Flip the temperature all the way down to 350°F and bake for an extra 16-18 minutes or till a toothpick comes out clear.
Freeze them for as much as 4 months in a big zippered bag and thaw them at room temperature in a single day or within the fridge.
Energy: 140 | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 3g | Fats: 4g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Ldl cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 111mg | Potassium: 107mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 1816IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1mg
Diet data supplied is an estimate and can differ based mostly on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photograph use coverage right here.