This mild and vibrant marinated celery salad is the newest creation on my quest to eat extra Mediterranean-inspired dishes. It begins with a flavor-exploding marinade soaked into celery + chickpeas and ends on a mattress of delicate arugula. Every chew makes my style buds dance like I’m three margs in with Livin’ on a Prayer on the dance ground.
Yep, that is positively going to be a go-to dish this season. With 18 grams of protein and 14 grams of fiber per serving, it makes an excellent plant-based meal or hearty facet dish. Prepared to start out chopping?
This recipe is sponsored by Duda Farm Recent Meals.
Desk of Contents
Salads are supposed to be recent and flavorful. To attain that, I’ve created a strong marinade for the celery and garbanzo beans to take in. It doesn’t finish there! The salad toppings brighten the dish and add extra protein and crunch. All of the components are equally vital in a salad as memorable as this.
For the Marinade:
- Crimson wine vinegar: When you can swap with one other vinegar, pink wine vinegar has a brighter, extra fruity taste blended in with the tang of the vinegar, making it an excellent addition to a marinade.
- Dijon mustard: That is one other tangy addition to my recipe. It ranges up the marinade and gives simply the correct amount of spice.
- Maple syrup: A bit pure sweetener gives the proper steadiness to the savory components of this recipe and pairs very well with the veggies.
- Sea salt: A straightforward taste enhancer. Add a bit to the marinade, then add to style for the completed outcome.
- Black pepper: You don’t want plenty of pepper on this recipe because the Dijon mustard is added, but a bit additional is ideal.
- Garlic cloves: I do know utilizing recent complete garlic takes a bit additional effort, however the aromatic punch it provides is completely value it.
- Olive oil: I recommend utilizing additional virgin olive oil to maintain the flavour strong and embrace the Mediterranean methods.
- Chickpeas: This provides plant-based protein that turns this dish into an excellent meal possibility.
- Celery stalks: Celery provides healthful bulk and further crunch to this dish. I’m utilizing Duda Farm Recent Meals, Dandy® natural celery on this recipe for the crispiest, tastiest outcome. It’s the sweeter, crispier, crunchier and fewer stringy celery model on grocery retailer cabinets.
- Inexperienced onion: Add a recent pop of shade for serving, together with a further savory crunch that I really like with a salad.
- Recent parsley: I just like the earthiness that recent parsley brings, with out including one other sharp taste. In case your celery got here with leaves, you’ll be able to simply use these leaves as a substitute of, or together with, parsley.
- Solar-dried tomatoes: The depth of sun-dried tomatoes soaked in oil elevates this complete salad. Belief me, you don’t need to depart these guys out.
- Basil leaves: Use recent leaves for the perfect taste.
- Uncooked pepitas: One other method so as to add crunch and protein is thru pepitas.
- Arugula: When you don’t *want* leafy greens on this dish, the sharp peppery arugula is the proper end.
I do know it could sound like plenty of components. I guess you’ve gotten most of those readily available and may simply discover the remainder. Now, let’s dive into the method of making a salad that you just’re excited to make repeatedly.
Tips on how to Make a Marinated Celery Salad
To get probably the most taste within the salad, that you must permit the marinade to work its magic. As soon as that’s performed, it’s tremendous easy to drag collectively and solely takes 10 minutes of hands-on time.
Step 1: Begin with assembling the marinade. Whisk collectively vinegar, mustard, garlic, maple syrup, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk within the olive oil till nicely included.
Step 2: Stir in the chickpeas, celery and inexperienced onions. Cowl and refrigerate for at the very least 2 hours so all of the flavors can soak in.
Step 3: Whenever you’re able to serve, toss parsley, tomatoes, basil and pepitas into the marinated combination. Serve over arugula for a leafy end.
That’s it! You’ll be able to even make the marinade a day forward to permit the flavors to take in much more. Are you aware how lasagna is at all times higher the following day? The identical concept applies right here.
Celery is discovered within the produce part, often close to carrots. If yow will discover natural celery, reminiscent of Duda Farm Recent Meals, I like to recommend getting it as a result of it’s often not rather more costly. l love supporting firms that observe natural farming and go the additional mile to make the world a more healthy place for us all.
Bear in mind the times of pre-cut celery, a slather of peanut butter and raisins on prime? I prevented the large stalks, in any respect price. It simply screamed “additional work” and that wasn’t me.
That was earlier than I began ingesting a each day inexperienced smoothie and remodeled right into a rawkstar. Now, I get excited to search out the large bushy stalks as a result of I can use all of them in salads, soups and smoothies. There’s a lot taste packed into the celery leaves!
If yow will discover beautiful natural stalks as I did above, you positively need to snag them for this celery salad. Merely wash the entire stalk (leaves and all), then take away the leaves. Chop the stalks up so as to add to the marinade and save the leaves to combine in earlier than serving.
If you happen to’re a severe celery lover like me, strive my apple celery smoothie. You’ll be able to maintain the leaves on and mix them proper into the smoothie. Bam!
Enjoyable Celery Salad FAQs
Sure! Uncooked celery is full of fiber and taste. Wash the stalks completely first, ensuring to clean them to take away any dust. Gently dry, then chop into desired sizes. You should use each the leaves and the stalk so there’s minimal waste.
Celery can go in so many dishes! If you happen to’ve acquired leftovers after making a celery salad, then save these stalks so as to add to smoothies, soups or seize your favourite nut butter and dip them for a deliciously filling snack. You actually can’t go incorrect with this delicate hearty vegetable.
I like skinny slices in my salad for simple chewing and no bizarre strings. After washing and drying the stalks, use a paring knife and reduce down the stalk length-wise. I reduce off the very small prime finish (it’s often dried out) and the whitest a part of the large finish. The remainder is truthful recreation for no matter recipe I’m making. In case your stalks have leaves, take away these earlier than chopping.
Extra Taste-Packed Salads
With a touch of Spring within the air, I’m prepared to start out gearing my menus towards the brightly recent produce of Springtime. Listed here are some nice salad recipes to incorporate in your meals this season:
Don’t let these “salad” titles deter you; these aren’t your common piles of leafy greens! They’re stuffed with pretty produce in addition to dressings and sauces that flip every chew into the last word “yum!” to your tastebuds.
Don’t neglect to price and evaluation the recipe beneath and let me know the way you appreciated it!
In a big bowl whisk collectively vinegar, mustard, garlic, maple syrup, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in olive oil.
Add chickpeas, celery and inexperienced onions. Stir nicely then cowl and refrigerate for at the very least 2 hours to permit the flavors to soak up.
Earlier than serving toss parsley, tomatoes, basil and pepitas into the marinated combination. Serve over arugula.
- In case your celery has leaves on it, you’ll be able to wash and use these rather than the parsley.
- Swap arugula for the leafy greens of your alternative.
- The marinade can keep refrigerated in a single day, simply don’t combine in with remaining components till able to serve.
- Go to Duda Farm Recent Meals to search out Dandy celery in shops close to you.
Energy: 480kcal, Carbohydrates: 45g, Protein: 18g, Fats: 28g, Saturated Fats: 4g, Polyunsaturated Fats: 7g, Monounsaturated Fats: 15g, Trans Fats: 0.01g, Sodium: 484mg, Potassium: 1069mg, Fiber: 14g, Sugar: 8g, Vitamin A: 2329IU, Vitamin C: 43mg, Calcium: 170mg, Iron: 7mg