Prep 5 minutes
Prepare dinner 5 minutes
Whole 10 minutes
Candy, spicy, and tangy abruptly, this colourful mangonada drink is the right summer season deal with! Loaded with mango, chamoy, and Tajín, what’s to not love about it?
A Refreshing Mexican Mango Drink
This vibrant and fruity mangonada drink is the candy and spicy deal with your summer season afternoons have been lacking! Made with a number of mango and chamoy, each sip by means of the tamarind sweet straw might be a style of Mexico with out stepping out of your kitchen.
All it’s important to do is be sure to’ve received mango available and also you’ll be pouring this drink into tangy Tajín-rimmed glasses inside 5 minutes. Whereas this recipe prepares 2 servings, you may wish to double it as a result of there’s no means it’ll final that lengthy— particularly when you add a bit of tequila.
Loved by itself or with a facet of sliced fruit and extra chili powder, this mangonada will develop into your new favourite slushy-like drink. Midway between a drink and dessert, it’ll put a smile in your face each single time.
What’s a Mangonada?
A mangonada drink (also referred to as a chamango or chamoyada) is a slushied Mexican drink product of blended mango or mango puree. The serving glasses are lined with chamoy sauce. Typically freshly chopped mango is added earlier than the mango slushy is poured in for a little bit of texture. The result’s an icy and colourful drink that’s typically offered in parks, exterior museums, or alongside massive avenues.
It’s a mango bonanza! Test the recipe card on the backside of the put up for full ingredient quantities.
- Frozen mangos – You should use frozen puree/pulp or mango chunks for this recipe. Some folks even use mango sorbet, however I discover it makes it a bit of too candy for my tastes.
- Mango nectar – If you could find Mango Nectar, be at liberty to substitute it for good high quality mango juice.
- Lime juice – Lemon juice is an effective swap.
- Chamoy – Use your favourite or attempt my recipe for Home made Chamoy!
- Tajín – Tajin provides the right quantity of zing!
- Contemporary mango – You can even use thawed frozen mango.
- Tarugos (Mexican tamarind sweet straws): These are completely elective, however a Tarugo on high is the right garnish!
Easy methods to Make a Mangonada
Satisfying your mangonada drink cravings is straightforward with solely 4 straightforward steps.
- Course of it. Place the frozen mango, mango nectar, lime juice, and ice within the blender. Course of every part till you get a easy puree.
- Rim the glasses. Gently dip the rim of your serving glasses in chamoy. Then dip within the Tajín. Set them apart to air-dry.
- Add chamoy. Spoon chamoy across the inside the glasses, then pour within the mango puree. Add some contemporary mango and sprinkle with a bit of Tajín.
- Serve. Add a tamarind sweet straw to the glass and serve.
Suggestions & Variations
Slightly tequila and a few Miguelito can immediately make this mangonada drink extra fascinating.
- Make it boozy. Add tequila or rum to style for a boozy model of this drink.
- Prep forward. Cube contemporary mango and freeze it in serving sizes so that every one you should do is mix the following time you’re craving mangonadas.
- Add Miguelito. Swap the Tajín rim for one made with Miguelito chili powder. Your drink might be a lot sweeter!
This mangonada drink is nice by itself that can assist you cool off from sizzling summer season days. I like to recommend it with mild, fruity appetizers like chamoy-wrapped apples. You can even get pleasure from it with easy fruit sides like sliced jicama, cucumber, or watermelon together with your favourite chili sauces.
For those who’re having them with a heartier protein-packed fundamental, be sure it’s not too spiced or seasoned. My Carne Asada Tacos are a fantastic choice for having fun with with mangonadas!
Can You Put together A Chamango Drink In Advance?
Probably not, however you possibly can positively prep the mangos upfront (freeze or refrigerate them) that can assist you velocity issues up if making these for a celebration.
Extra Fruity Drink Recipes
Yield: 2 servings
This fast and straightforward Mangonada drink is served with a tamarind sweet straw for the right spicy, tangy, and candy summer season deal with that can assist you cool off in the course of the sizzling summer season months!
Prepare dinner Time
- 12 ounces frozen mangos (or mango puree/pulp)
- 1 cup mango nectar
- 2 tablespoons contemporary lime juice
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1 contemporary mango reduce into chunks
- Tarugos (tamarind sweet straws)
- Place the frozen mango, mango nectar, lime juice and ice collectively in a blender and mix every part collectively till pureed.
- Dip the rim of the serving glasses in chamoy, then within the Tajín.
- Spoon chamoy across the inside the glasses, then pour the mango puree into the glasses, add some contemporary mango and sprinkle with a bit of tajin.
- Add a tamarind sweet straw to the glass and serve.
Tajin vs Miguelito: If Tajín is simply too spicy for you, attempt utilizing Miguelito chili powder. It is much less spicy and far sweeter! Nice choice for youths!
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 274Whole Fats: 1gSaturated Fats: 0gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 1gLdl cholesterol: 0mgSodium: 385mgCarbohydrates: 69gFiber: 6gSugar: 62gProtein: 3g
This put up could comprise affiliate hyperlinks. Learn my disclosure coverage.