This Mango Key Lime Cheesecake has a coconut macaroon crust, layers of key lime and mango cheesecake and a mango cream and gelatin topping! There’s no scarcity of fantastic layers and it’s a labor of affection, but it surely’s full of fantastic taste!
Greatest Mango Key Lime Cheesecake
This cheesecake is closely impressed by the model of the identical identify at The Cheesecake Manufacturing facility. When you haven’t tried it earlier than, it’s a surprisingly scrumptious cheesecake. All of the layers and flavors are simply so nice collectively.
After getting a number of requests for a copycat and doing LOTS of testing, I lastly have an ideal cheesecake to share with you. I wouldn’t essentially say it’s a real copycat, but it surely’s positively impressed by it. The flavors of their model are actually fairly distinctive and arduous to nail down, however I do suppose I bought fairly darn shut.
There have been two issues that I discovered most notable when tasting their cheesecake and attempting to recreate it. One was simply how candy it was. In my first model, I simply made some fast taste changes to my traditional Vanilla Cheesecake as a place to begin and the distinction was astounding. Their cheesecake is SUPER candy. Despite the fact that I sweetened issues up, it’s nonetheless not fairly as candy as theirs.
The opposite factor was that their cheesecake appears to be stuffed with a great little bit of synthetic taste. I initially began my testing with recent and frozen mango, however the taste and texture simply wasn’t proper. After numerous testing and looking out, I discovered a number of useful elements that gave me the suitable mango taste and texture.
Elements You’ll Want
This cheesecake truly has a number of elements that you just doubtless received’t have available. Most issues may be discovered within the grocery retailer, however just a few mango taste associated objects had been issues I needed to buy on-line.
The macaroon crust alone isn’t sufficient stability for the cheesecake, so there’s a skinny cookie crust on the backside.
- Vanilla Wafer Crumbs: The flavour of the cookies was sweeter and nearer to the unique than utilizing graham cracker crumbs.
- Sugar: For sweetness.
- Butter: To carry the whole lot collectively.
- Sweetened Shredded Coconut: Make sure you use one which’s moist, not dry.
- Sugar: Common granulated sugar.
- Vanilla Extract: For taste.
- Salt: Additionally for taste.
- Egg Whites: To carry the whole lot collectively. Maintain onto the yolks for the cream topping later.
The filling begins out as one after which is cut up into two equal elements which might be then flavored accordingly. One with key lime taste and different with mango taste.
- Cream Cheese: Ought to be room temperature so that you just don’t find yourself with a lumpy filling. Make sure you use full fats brick cream cheese for one of the best outcomes.
- Sugar: The unique model from The Cheesecake Manufacturing facility is tremendous candy, so this cheesecake is pretty candy as effectively. It makes use of a mix of sugar and sweetened condensed milk for sweetness.
- All Function Flour: To assist with a creamy consistency and to maintain from getting cracks.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: As talked about above, this provides sweetness to the cheesecake. Growing the quantity of sugar to totally sweeten the cheesecake each didn’t give fairly the suitable taste and didn’t create the suitable texture. The sweetened condensed milk provides to sweetness, texture and helps thicken the filling a bit, significantly the important thing lime layer.
- Bitter cream: For added tang and creaminess.
- Coconut Extract: It might appear unusual so as to add this, but it surely positively appeared to suit the flavour wanted to match the unique model.
- Vanilla Extract
- Eggs: Giant eggs.
- Mango Puree: I attempted making my very own puree with recent mango, but it surely wasn’t the identical. You positively wish to use the canned puree. It has a really distinctive taste and clean texture. I did additionally strive decreasing the mango puree to get a stronger mango taste, fairly than utilizing the mango extract and flavors, however the ultimate taste and texture nonetheless wasn’t proper.
- Mango Taste and Mango Extract: Each of those are vital. Only one or the opposite didn’t create the suitable taste. The mango taste was too synthetic and virtually over powering if I used solely that. However the mango extract wasn’t sufficient taste and didn’t style synthetic sufficient to duplicate the unique. The mixture of each was excellent.
- Key Lime Juice: I used bottled key lime juice.
Mango Cream Topping
That is principally a mango flavored pastry cream. The Cheesecake Manufacturing facility model says they use a mango mousse, however this cream is the place I ended up. I believe it has fairly the same style and texture, however isn’t essentially spot on.
- Egg Yolks: To thicken the filling and add richness and taste.
- Sugar: For sweetness and quantity.
- Cornstarch: To thicken the filling.
- Milk: I used 2%, however entire milk would work as effectively.
- Mango Extract and Mango Taste: Once more, the mixture offers the suitable taste.
Mango Gelatin Topping
- Water: To permit the gelatin to bloom.
- Granulated Gelatin
- Sugar: For some sweetness
- Mango Puree: Once more, you’ll use the canned mango puree.
How To Make Mango Key Lime Cheesecake
For detailed directions, see the recipe card beneath. However right here’s a fast rundown of how this magnificence is made. There are a complete of 6 “layers” on this cheesecake, so it’s a good quantity of labor. However none of it’s actually arduous.
To begin, you’ll make the cookie crust. Mix the three elements in a bowl till effectively mixed and evenly moistened, then press them evenly into the underside of the springform pan.
For the macaroon crust layer, add the shredded coconut, sugar, vanilla extract and salt to a big bowl, stir to mix and put aside. Add the egg whites to a big mixer bowl and whip on excessive pace till stiff peaks kind. Fold about half of the egg whites into the coconut combination, then add the remaining egg whites and fold collectively till effectively mixed. Unfold the macaroon combination evenly over the cookie crust.
Bake the crust layers for 15-20 minutes or till the macaroon layer is evenly browned across the edges. Take away the crust from the oven and put aside to chill.
To make the filling, you’ll make one cheesecake filling to start with. After including most elements, together with the eggs, you’ll divide it into two. Add the mango puree, mango taste and mango extract to at least one half and add the important thing lime juice to the opposite half. Pour the cheesecake filling to the pan with the important thing lime layer on the underside. Drizzle the mango layer over the important thing lime layer, ensuring to not pour the whole lot in a single spot however the unfold it round as you add it.
Bake the cheesecake for 1 hour quarter-hour. The middle must be set, however nonetheless jiggly. The outer 2-3 inches must be extra set. Then flip off the oven and depart the door closed for half-hour. The cheesecake will proceed to cook dinner, however slowly start to chill as effectively. Lastly, crack the door of the oven for half-hour to permit the cheesecake to proceed to chill slowly. This course of helps stop cracking. Take away the cheesecake from the oven and water bathtub wrapping and permit to chill to about room temperature. Refrigerate the cheesecake till agency, 5-6 hours or in a single day.
The ultimate steps are to make the two toppings for the cheesecake and add them. One is a pastry cream remodeled the range and the opposite is a fast gelatin-based topping. You could possibly add them earlier than or after the cheesecake has cooled, I simply discover it best to take away the cheesecake from the pan after which add the toppings.
Suggestions for Success
Not too conversant in do-it-yourself cheesecakes? The recommendation beneath is right here to assist.
- Stick With Low Velocity: At all times combine your filling on low pace. In any other case, you might incorporate an excessive amount of air into the batter and find yourself with a cracked cheesecake.
- Don’t Skip the Water Bathtub: I do know the water bathtub generally is a bit annoying, but it surely’s very important to the success of your cheesecake. It ensures that it doesn’t brown across the edges, sink within the center or crack.
- Forestall Leakage: Be sure to don’t let the water within the outer pan go above the highest fringe of the foil surrounding the internal pan. For extra methods to forestall your water bathtub from leaking, take a look at my Cheesecake Water Bathtub Suggestions and Methods.
Hold further cheesecake in an hermetic container within the fridge and revel in it inside 4-5 days.
Can I Freeze This Cheesecake?
Positive! Wrap the totally set cheesecake in plastic wrap or foil and freeze it in a heavy-duty storage bag for as much as 3 months. Thaw it out within the fridge earlier than including the toppings and digging in.
Extra Nice Cheesecake Recipes
This Mango Key Lime Cheesecake has a coconut macaroon crust, layers of key lime and mango cheesecake and a mango cream and gelatin topping! It’s bought no scarcity of fantastic layers and is stuffed with wonderful taste!
- 1 3/4 cups (131g) sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup (52g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 massive egg whites, room temperature
- 24 ounces (678g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups (259g) sugar
- 3 tbsp (24g) all objective flour
- 1 1/2 cups (360ml) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup (115g) bitter cream
- 2 tsp coconut extract
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 massive eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (120ml) canned mango puree
- 2 1/4 tsp mango taste
- 2 1/4 tsp mango extract
- 1/2 cup (120ml) key lime juice
Mango Cream Topping
- 2 massive egg yolks
- 6 tbsp (78g) sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup (240ml) milk
- 1 tbsp (14g) salted butter
- 3/4 tsp mango extract
- 3/4 tsp mango taste
Mango Gelatin Topping
- 4 tbsp (60ml) room temperature water
- 1 1/2 tsp granulated gelatin
- 3 tbsp (39g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (120ml) canned mango puree
To Make The Crust
- Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). Line a 9-inch (23cm) springform pan with parchment paper within the backside and grease the perimeters.
- Mix the cookie crust elements in a small bowl. Press the combination into the underside of the springform pan.
- For the macaroon crust layer, add the shredded coconut, sugar, vanilla extract and salt to a big bowl, stir to mix and put aside. Add the egg whites to a big mixer bowl and whip on excessive pace till stiff peaks kind. Fold about half of the egg whites into the coconut combination, then add the remaining egg whites and fold collectively till effectively mixed.
- Unfold the macaroon combination evenly over the cookie crust. Bake for 15-20 minutes or till the macaroon layer is evenly browned across the edges. Take away the crust from the oven and put aside to chill.
- Cowl the outsides of the pan with aluminum foil in order that water from the water bathtub can not get in (see how I put together my pan for a water bathtub). If the perimeters of your pan have gotten soiled and also you don’t need that on the perimeters of your completed cheesecake, you’ll be able to wipe the perimeters with a paper towel after which re-spray with non-stick spray. Set ready pan apart.
To Make The Cheesecake Filling
- Cut back oven temperature to 300°F (148°C).
- In a big bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour on low pace till effectively mixed and clean. Make sure you use low pace to scale back the quantity of air added to the batter, which might trigger cracks. Scrape down the perimeters of the bowl.
- Slowly add the sweetened condensed milk and blend till effectively mixed and clean. Scrape down the perimeters of the bowl as wanted.
- Add the bitter cream, coconut extract and vanilla extract and blend on low pace till effectively mixed.
- Add the eggs one after the other, mixing slowly to mix after every addition. Scrape down the perimeters of the bowl as wanted to verify the whole lot is effectively mixed.
- Divide the combination evenly into two massive bowls. I prefer to weigh the filling after which divide it evenly that means, however should you don’t have a meals scale, you might measure it with cups.
- To 1 bowl add the mango puree, mango taste and mango extract and gently stir collectively till effectively mixed. To the opposite bowl, add the important thing lime juice and gently stir collectively till effectively mixed.
- Pour the important thing lime filling onto the pre-baked crust and unfold evenly. Add the mango filling on high of the important thing lime filling by drizzling it over and round on high of the important thing lime filling. Don’t simply pour all of it into one spot or it received’t create and extra even layer.
- Place the springform pan inside one other bigger pan. Fill the surface pan with sufficient heat water to go about midway up the perimeters of the springform pan. The water shouldn’t go above the highest fringe of the aluminum foil on the springform pan.
- Bake for 1 hour quarter-hour. The middle must be set, however nonetheless jiggly. The outer 2-3 inches must be extra set.
- Flip off the oven and depart the door closed for half-hour. The cheesecake will proceed to cook dinner, however slowly start to chill as effectively.
- Crack the door of the oven for half-hour to permit the cheesecake to proceed to chill slowly. This course of helps stop cracking.
- Take away the cheesecake from the oven and water bathtub wrapping and permit to chill to about room temperature. Refrigerate the cheesecake till agency, 5-6 hours or in a single day. Take away the cheesecake from the springform pan and place on a serving dish. Refrigerate whilst you make the toppings.
To Make The Toppings
- To make the pastry cream, put the egg yolks in a medium sized bowl and gently beat them collectively. Put aside.
- Add the sugar, cornstarch and milk to a big saucepan and whisk collectively till clean. Cook dinner, stirring repeatedly, over medium warmth till combination begins to thicken and bubble.
- Add slightly little bit of milk combination to the egg yolks and whisk collectively, then add slightly bit extra and whisk collectively. Add the egg combination to the milk combination. This course of is known as tempering and ensures that you just don’t scramble the egg yolks. Place the pan again on the warmth and produce to a light-weight boil over medium warmth.
- Enable to boil for about 1 minute, whisking repeatedly, till thickened.
- Take away from warmth and add butter and vanilla extract. Stir till clean and mixed, then add it to the highest of the cheesecake and unfold evenly. Place again within the fridge whilst you make the ultimate topping.
- To make the gelatin topping, add the water to a shallow dish. Sprinkle the granulated gelatin over the water in order that it’s all touching water. Enable it to bloom for about 5 minutes.
- Warmth the gelatin within the microwave for 5-10 seconds, till melted. Stir within the sugar, then add the mango puree to the gelatin combination and stir to mix.
- Let the gelatin combination sit for about 10 minutes to thicken barely, then use a spoon to drizzle it excessive of the cream topping after which unfold into a good layer.
- Refrigerate cheesecake till the topping layers are cool and agency, about 2-3 hours, then serve. Retailer cheesecake in an hermetic container or well-covered within the fridge. It must be good for as much as 4-5 days.
- Serving Dimension: 1 slice
- Energy: 579
- Sugar: 61.8 g
- Sodium: 309.9 mg
- Fats: 30.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 68.2 g
- Protein: 10.2 g
- Ldl cholesterol: 150.2 mg
Key phrases: mango key lime cheesecake