Are you searching for a brand new sandwich? Love Jalapeno Poppers? I’ve an answer for you. A jalapeno popper grilled cheese sandwich!
This publish incorporates affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Makes the Excellent Sandwich for Jalapeno Popper Followers?
Jalapeño Poppers could be the good snack, however sadly, they don’t seem to be an actual meal. This recipe fixes that by delivering all the identical flavors as your favourite poppers in sandwich kind.
Serve these Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese sandwiches anytime you might be craving one thing crispy, tacky, and only a bit spicy.
What Makes This the Recipe You Attain for When You Need To Make a Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich?
This recipe makes one well-balanced sandwich.
The mix of sharp cheddar and delicate Muenster cheeses works surprisingly nicely, particularly when paired with salty bacon. The Worcestershire sauce and non-obligatory floor chipotle add simply sufficient acidity and spice to forestall the sandwich from changing into too wealthy and decadent.
On the similar time, the style of sourdough bread is powerful sufficient to grow to be misplaced among the many different intense flavors.
Components For a Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich
To make this sandwich, you’ll want:
- Jalapeño peppers
- Cream cheese
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Chipotle powder, non-obligatory
- Worcestershire sauce
- Sourdough bread
- Bacon, cooked
- Muenster cheese
Chipotle peppers are nothing greater than smoked and dried jalapeños. Though chipotle powder is an non-obligatory ingredient on this recipe, it lends a pleasant smokiness and a refined sweetness to the sandwich and is very really helpful.
Use a younger Muenster cheese on this sandwich. Aged Muenster has an excessive amount of of a pronounced taste. Alternatively, you’ll be able to strive one other delicate cheese comparable to Havarti.
How To Make a Jalapeño Popper Grilled Sandwich
To roast the jalapeno peppers:
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Place the jalapeño peppers on the baking tray and roast them for about 10 to 12 minutes till their skins blister and blacken.
- Placed on food-safe gloves and peel off the pores and skin of the peppers.
- Reduce the stem off the highest, and break up the jalapenos horizontally.
- Use the again of a knife to scrape out the seeds.
- Reduce the flesh of the jalapeno peppers into skinny strips.
To complete the sandwich:
- Cut back the oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl, mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, Worcestershire sauce, and chipotle powder (if utilizing). Proceed to stir the combination till all elements are distributed evenly.
- Butter one facet of 4 slices of sourdough bread. Lay the bread butter-side down on a baking tray.
- Use a silicone spatula to unfold the cheese filling on every slice of bread.
- Prime the sandwiches with roasted jalapeño strips, bacon, and sliced cheese.
- Butter one facet of 4 extra slices of sourdough bread. Place the slices butter-side up on prime of the sandwiches.
- Bake the sandwiches for 5 minutes, flip and bake for one more three minutes.
What To Serve With This Sandwich?
One thing delicate, like a easy inexperienced salad, will permit the style of the Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese to be the star of the meal. A facet of onion rings, Loaded Tater Tots, or your favourite potato chips additionally works.
How To Make This within the Air Fryer
For further crispy sandwiches, strive making Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheeses within the air fryer:
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Place the peppers within the air fryer and prepare dinner for 10 minutes. Shake the air fryer basket each two minutes to make sure they prepare dinner correctly.
- After the pores and skin blisters (they gained’t blacken as a lot as if you prepare dinner them within the oven), end making ready the peppers as in the primary directions above.
To complete cooking the sandwiches within the air fryer:
- Preheat the air fryer to 375°F.
- Put together the sandwiches as above, however use spray oil as a substitute of butter on the bread.
- Place the sandwiches within the preheated air fryer. Relying on the dimensions of your air fryer, you might have room to prepare dinner solely two sandwiches at a time.
- Cook dinner the sandwiches for 4 minutes, after which flip them over. Cook dinner for one more two minutes.
Favourite Sandwich Recipes
Finest Recipes for Jalapeno Poppers
Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese
Love Jalapeno poppers? Take pleasure in them on a grilled cheese sandwich.
- 10 to 12 medium-sized jalapeno peppers
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon floor chipotle non-obligatory
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 12 slices bacon cooked and damaged in half
- 8 slices Muenster cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
Preheat the oven to 450°F.
Place the jalapeños on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast the peppers till the skins have blackened, and the peppers have turned from a vibrant shiny inexperienced to a boring inexperienced, about 10 to 12 minutes.
With gloved fingers, take away the skins and stems from the peppers. Then open the peppers up with one minimize down the facet of the pepper and scrape out the seeds. Should you don’t like loads of warmth, take into account slicing the peppers into small strips.
Flip the oven all the way down to 400°F.
In a small bowl mix the cream cheese, mayonnaise, shredded Cheddar cheese, floor chipotle (non-obligatory), and Worcestershire sauce. Stir till the cheese filling is uniform.
Put together the sandwiches by spreading the cheese combination over 4 slices of bread.
Cowl the cheese filling with the jalapeño peppers.
On every sandwich, place 6 items of bacon over the peppers (that’s 3 items of entire bacon that you just broke in half), after which prime with 2 slices of cheese.
Prime the sandwiches with the remaining slices of bread.
Frivolously butter the outer sides of the bread on every sandwich.
Place the sandwiches on a baking sheet and bake for about 5 minutes, or till golden brown.
Flip the sandwiches over, and proceed to bake till golden brown. The second facet will take much less time. You probably have a convection oven, be further cautious with the prepare dinner time.
Energy: 1324kcal | Carbohydrates: 76g | Protein: 47g | Fats: 92g | Saturated Fats: 41g | Ldl cholesterol: 208mg | Sodium: 1966mg | Potassium: 475mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1795IU | Vitamin C: 3.2mg | Calcium: 720mg | Iron: 5.6mg