This simple selfmade and mayonnaise-free honey mustard dressing is mouth-watering and ideal for tossing with salad or as a dipping sauce. Soar to the Honey Mustard Dressing Recipe
Methods to Make Honey Mustard Dressing
This honey mustard dressing is extremely easy to make, and also you in all probability have already got the whole lot you might want to make it in your kitchen.
Extra: For a creamier honey mustard sauce excellent for dipping, head to our recipe for honey mustard sauce.
This better-than-storebought dressing makes use of actual wholesome components to be ok with what you’re consuming. Right here’s what you will have:
- Mustard performs a major function. We choose to make use of creamy Dijon mustard for this, however complete grain and even common yellow mustard will work instead. We mix Dijon and yellow mustard to make our creamy honey mustard dipping sauce.
- Honey balances the tanginess of the mustard. We love utilizing native uncooked honey.
- Apple cider vinegar marries the mustard and honey and turns this right into a show-stopping salad dressing. When shopping for apple cider vinegar, we search for the bottles with “the mom” nonetheless within the bottle (like Braggs), since they’ve extra taste. Different kinds of vinegar can work right here (like white wine vinegar), however we choose apple cider vinegar for its style.
- Olive oil makes the dressing silky and opulent. It additionally provides taste.
- Contemporary lemon juice is elective however extremely really helpful. It makes the dressing pop. I like so as to add the juice from one or two lemon wedges.
- Salt and contemporary floor black pepper are a should.
We discover that this dressing is creamy sufficient and doesn’t want any extra components. It’s superb what occurs whenever you whisk the mustard with olive oil and vinegar.
Only a few seconds of whisking turns the dressing right into a single emulsified combination. For a thicker and even creamier dressing, whisk in slightly bitter cream or plain yogurt.
For extra selfmade salad dressings, check out our favourite Caesar salad dressing and this creamy selfmade blue cheese dressing.
How Lengthy Will The Dressing Final?
Right here’s the good information, this simple selfmade dressing lasts for weeks when saved within the fridge. We love maintaining it in a glass mason jar in order that we are able to shake it earlier than including it to salads or utilizing it as a dipping sauce.
There’s a jar of it in our fridge now, prepared for use in our favourite dishes. Listed below are just a few ideas for the best way to use this simple honey mustard dressing (or French dressing):
- Skip store-bought salad dressing and apply it to your favourite selfmade salads. It’s extremely scrumptious with greens, brussels sprouts, cabbage, carrots, candy bell peppers, and broccoli. It’s additionally glorious with salads with fruit (like apples or pear).
- Change mayonnaise-based dressings for ready salads like coleslaw or use it for hen salad.
- Add the honey mustard dressing to a small bowl and use it as a dipping sauce for contemporary greens, roasted veggies (like these candy potato fries), or hen (these baked hen nuggets are my favourite).
For an additional recipe with honey, strive our favourite honey butter recipe!
Honey Mustard Dressing (Higher Than Retailer-Purchased)
This lightened-up selfmade honey mustard dressing is straightforward to make, requires actual components, and lasts as much as three weeks within the fridge. Use for salads and as a dipping sauce.
Makes about 1 cup
Watch Us Make the Recipe
You Will Want
1/4 cup (65 grams) Dijon mustard
3 to 4 tablespoons (65 to 85 grams) honey, to style
3 to 4 tablespoons (45 to 60 ml) apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup (60 ml) further virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon contemporary lemon juice, elective
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon effective sea salt
1/4 teaspoon contemporary floor black pepper
Mix the mustard, honey, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the black pepper and whisk till nicely blended and creamy. Whisk within the oil, after which style the dressing. Alter with extra salt, vinegar, or honey. I get pleasure from my dressing to style extra tart, so I sometimes add an additional tablespoon of vinegar.
Alternatively, add all components to a medium mason jar, safe the lid, and shake till blended.
Hold tightly lined within the fridge for as much as three weeks.
Adam and Joanne’s Suggestions
- For a vegan model of this dressing, substitute the honey for pure maple syrup.
- Diet information: The diet information offered beneath are estimates. We now have used the USDA database to calculate approximate values.
When you make this recipe, snap a photograph and hashtag it #inspiredtaste — We like to see your creations on Instagram and Fb! Discover us: @inspiredtaste
Diet Per Serving: Serving Dimension 1 tablespoon / Energy 47 / Whole Fats 3.5g / Saturated Fats 0.5g / Ldl cholesterol 0mg / Sodium 206.9mg / Carbohydrate 3.4g / Dietary Fiber 0g / Whole Sugars 3.3g / Protein 0g