A fast and straightforward dinner that delivers! That is honey garlic soy salmon, a dish constructed from simply 6 components in beneath 35 minutes. Marinate contemporary salmon in a 5 ingredient sauce, after which cut back the remainder down on the range to a glaze because the salmon bakes. Serve with thickened glaze, brown rice, and your favourite greens for a easy, flavorful, and wholesome meal.
Baking is definitely the place my coronary heart is, but it surely’s a lot enjoyable to share on a regular basis dinner recipes with you. I wrestle to discover a meal my total household enjoys, which incorporates younger kids who are sometimes skeptical about what reveals up on their plates! As we speak’s honey garlic soy glazed salmon is often the reply when (1) I would like dinner FAST, (2) I would like dinner to be DELICIOUS for everybody, and (3) I would like to make use of as few components and dishes as potential. 😉
This recipe has lived on my web site since 2015 and one reader, Leslie, says: “This put up is a pair years outdated however the recipe holds. My household LOVED this! I cherished how easy it’s however full of taste.”
You’ll Love this Honey Garlic Soy Salmon Too:
- 35 minutes complete: quarter-hour to marinate, 15-20 to bake
- Solely 6 simple components
- Marinade doubles because the glaze
- Minimal effort, large taste
- Informal sufficient for the week, fancy sufficient for visitors
- Wholesome, healthful, dairy free
- Straightforward recipe to halve or double
Marinade Doubles As a Glaze
The 5 ingredient glaze is impressed by scrumptious Asian delicacies and made with soy sauce, ginger, garlic, honey, and a bit sesame oil to assist the marinade stick. As a marinade, it’s candy and salty however has a deeper, extra complicated taste from the garlic and contemporary ginger. Use half of the combination for a marinade, after which cut back the remainder on the range for a couple of minutes to drizzle over the cooked salmon. As a thickened glaze, the flavour is extremely daring. It’s so, so tasty.
I additionally LOVE this honey soy sauce glazed salmon from the improbable meals weblog Omnivore’s Kitchen. There’s a bit whole-grain mustard and chili powder in that sauce.
This marinade/glaze discount can also be nice on rooster. Substitute the salmon with boneless rooster breasts or thighs and improve the bake time till the rooster is cooked via. See recipe Be aware.
It’s also possible to skip the protein, make the sauce, cut back down on the range and pour over a plate of steamed greens and rice. I’ve accomplished that always and leftovers are scrumptious for lunch the subsequent day.
Elements You Want & Why
There are so few components on this honey garlic soy salmon dish… and each has a giant job!
- Salmon: The brisker the salmon, the higher. You need about 2 lbs complete and buying particular person filets makes prep simpler. Attempt to discover salmon filets which can be even thickness in order that all of them prepare dinner in the identical period of time. There are a lot of various kinds of salmon and this how one can purchase salmon information is a useful useful resource. (Not affiliated in any respect, only a actually useful article about contemporary/frozen/sorts.)
- Honey: Honey is likely one of the predominant components and pairs so nicely with garlic, one thing you might know when you’ve had this honey garlic shrimp earlier than. (The same, however faster dish!)
- Soy Sauce: I usually use Kikkoman much less sodium tamari soy sauce, which is labeled gluten free. Once more, not sponsored… only a large fan! In the event you’re gluten delicate or illiberal, you should utilize that or swap the soy sauce with precise tamari sauce.
- Sesame Oil: This can be a new addition over the previous couple years and I exploit it for sticking energy. After dozens of occasions getting ready this dish, I discovered the salmon holds onto the marinade a bit higher when there’s 1 Tablespoon of oil. In the event you don’t have sesame oil, olive oil is a high-quality alternative.
- Garlic: You should use contemporary or jarred/minced.
- Recent Ginger: Ginger provides this dish a heat, contemporary, barely candy ingredient. It’s certainly one of my favourite components in cooking and also you’ll adore it in peach pie, too.
Can I Use Frozen Salmon?
Sure, you should utilize frozen raw salmon. Thaw fully after which observe the recipe as written, together with marinating and baking.
Step Pictures: The right way to Make Honey Garlic Soy Salmon
Place salmon in a container or zipped-top bag. I often use these glass containers for marinating they usually work simply as nicely for storing leftovers and freezing meals/baked items. (See 8 Freezer Meals for some inspiration!) Combine the marinade components collectively and pour about half over the salmon:
Marinate the salmon for at the least quarter-hour and as much as 4 hours. You may stretch this to eight hours if wanted. You’ll love that this dish can work with any schedule, in a rush or not!
Place salmon on lined baking sheet, reserve used marinade if desired to cut back with the remainder of the unused marinade:
The sauce will caramelize over the salmon because it bakes:
Whereas the salmon bakes, cut back the remaining marinade (and used marinade, if desired) on the range to make a glaze. You need a wealthy, thick glaze:
Drizzle the glaze all around the heat baked salmon. You might even drizzle a spoonful onto every salmon filet in direction of the top of bake time and return them to the oven to complete baking.
And your dinner is sizzling & prepared! Be at liberty to garnish the honey garlic soy salmon with inexperienced onion and/or sesame seeds. I prefer to steam broccoli and make a packet of brown rice because the salmon bakes.
The sides are crisp, the honey garlic salmon is tender, the flavors are unbelievable!
This easy baked salmon is smothered with a 5 ingredient garlic honey ginger glaze and is prepared in beneath 35 minutes!
- Marinate the salmon: Place salmon into a big zipper meals storage bag or shallow dish/container. In a medium bowl, whisk soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger collectively. Pour half of the combination (simply eyeball it) over salmon. Flip salmon to coat. Seal the bag/cowl the dish and refrigerate for at the least quarter-hour and as much as 4 hours.
- In the meantime, preheat oven to 375°F (191°C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, parchment paper, or a silicone baking mat. Put aside.
- Line the marinated salmon filets on the baking sheet. You may maintain onto this used marinade—see step 5. Bake salmon for 15-20 minutes or till accomplished, which is 10 minutes per 1-inch inch thickness measured from the thickest a part of the filet. (Salmon is taken into account accomplished when an instantaneous learn thermometer reads the middle of the thickest half as at the least 145°F (63°C).) Be at liberty to show your oven to broil for the final minute to essentially brown the sides.
- In the meantime, because the salmon bakes, pour the remaining, unused marinade right into a small saucepan or skillet over medium-high warmth. In order for you, you may add the remaining (used) marinade as nicely. Convey to a boil, after which cut back warmth low-medium and simmer for 3-4 minutes or till barely thickened. Preserve a detailed eye on it as a result of it may possibly shortly burn. It would bubble up so much because it reduces. Take away from warmth.
- Drizzle thickened glaze over baked salmon and serve with non-obligatory garnish.
- Leftovers maintain nicely within the fridge for just a few days. Reheat to your liking.
- Make Forward Directions: You may marinate the salmon as much as 4 hours prematurely. If wanted, you may prolong to eight hours.
- Sides: To finish the meal, serve the salmon with steamed broccoli and rice. Each are wonderful with glaze drizzled on prime. You may prepare dinner each because the salmon bakes.
- Can I exploit frozen salmon? Sure, you should utilize frozen raw salmon filets. Thaw fully earlier than utilizing.
- Can I substitute salmon with rooster? Sure, you may substitute the salmon with boneless rooster breasts or thighs and improve the bake time till the rooster is cooked via. Marinate the rooster for nearer to 1 hour as an alternative of simply quarter-hour.
Key phrases: garlic honey salmon, ginger garlic salmon
Baking Made Straightforward
Are you new to this web site? This electronic mail collection is a superb place to start out. I’ll stroll you thru just a few of my hottest recipes and present you precisely why they work.