This web site might include affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we are able to present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
A tribute to the Sanderson Sisters, this Hocus Pocus charcuterie board may have all your friends dying at not solely the scrumptious number of meals however the uncanny resemblance to a few of Halloween’s most well-known witches!
Who doesn’t love a good-themed dish? Halloween is certainly one of my favourite holidays for cooking due to the creativity! In case you love celebrating the month of All Hallows Eve, then you could check out these Mummy Scorching Canine, these Poison Caramel Apples, and these festive Halloween Cupcakes!
What’s a Hocus Pocus Charcuterie Board?
If in case you have by no means heard of the film Hocus Pocus, then I’ve TWO issues that you must do. First, you could go and watch the film. The Sanderson Sisters are basic and iconic witches for the month of October, and also you MUST grow to be acquainted with them. After you watch the film THEN, you a lot make this Hocus Pocus charcuterie board.
This charcuterie board is stuffed with all types of goodies, each savory and candy, that may have you ever debating whether or not or not you devour the whole lot in sight or protect all of it as a result of it seems so excellent! Have a viewing celebration and make this board for all your friends, and your celebration would be the speak of the city. That is the proper board with Winifred’s brilliant purple hair and the sister’s basic facial expressions… You might simply need to make this yearly and add a brand new custom to your Halloween lineup!
The Recipe Critic Advice
Giant Spherical Charcuterie Board
18″ Spherical Acacia Wood Serving Board with Deal with
This wood board is ideal for including fruits, sweet, cheese, and chocolate to make your favourite charcuterie board.
What Meat and Cheeses Do I Want
The very first step on this Hocus Pocus charcuterie board is the cheeses for the three witches’ heads. These will anchor the whole board collectively, and it’s the entire purpose that it’s even made! Moreover the principle wheels within the middle, you’ll want to pick quite a lot of cheeses and meats out of your native grocery retailer. I at all times like to select completely different colours and textures in order that I don’t have the identical two varieties on my board. For this recipe, I used the next meat and cheeses:
- Brie Wheels: These are for the Sanderson Sister heads.
- Bellavitano Merlot Cheese: Get the sort that has the darkish purple prime.
- Cheese Sticks: These are used for Sarah’s hair (the blonde)
- Uncured Pepperoni: You MUST do that pepperoni as a result of it makes the proper hair for Winifred!
Be happy so as to add any further cheeses or meats onto the board that you simply like. Some others that I like are Gruyere, cheddar, or a tough cheese like Parmigiano Reggiano. For meats, I additionally love utilizing prosciutto di parma or Italian dry salami. Add in as a lot or little as you want to. It’s an effective way so as to add completely different shapes and colours.
What Nuts and Fruit Ought to I Use?
After I’ve laid out the three essential items within the middle of this Hocus Pocus charcuterie board, then I begin to construct round it with the fruit. I do the fruit subsequent as a result of Mary’s hair is produced from blackberries! I additionally made positive to have little pockets of pumpkin seeds on the board first in order that they may fill in any empty areas beneath the opposite components.
- Blackberries: These make absolutely the excellent hair for Mary!
- Grapes: I like the purple colour of the grapes to go along with any Halloween charcuterie board.
- Blueberries: These virtually look black, and their measurement is small however nonetheless have somewhat little bit of texture.
- Dried Mango: The mangos usher in basic Halloween orange colour.
- Figs: The figs usher in a unbelievable texture and completely different look than the opposite meals on this charcuterie board.
- Strawberries: I minimize these in half and depart the stems on in order that they’re simpler to eat.
- Pumpkin Seeds: I wish to sprinkle these on the board very first.
- Pistachios: You’ll be able to put these on with or with out the shells, whichever look you like!
Cookies, Crackers, and Sweet… Oh My!
I do know that conventional charcuterie boards have solely meat and cheese, however I like so as to add spooky snacks that I do know that my children love too! Particularly on a board that’s celebrating such a enjoyable Halloween film. You want some scrumptious sweets to eat when you watch! Here’s what I used on this board to make issues stand out in colour, texture, and naturally… style!
- Fall Leaf Cookies: You’ll be able to usually discover these at your native grocery retailer of their seasonal part, or you’ll find them at Dealer Joe’s!
- Halloween Oreos: I like the Halloween Oreos due to the orange filling!
- Complete Grain Crackers: Any sort of crackers will do right here!
- Orange Chocolate Dipped Pretzels: Costco has these in inventory round Halloween. In case you can’t discover any, then you might simply make your individual with some orange sweet soften and a few pretzels.
- Chocolate Sweet Eyeballs: I simply ordered these on Amazon, however you should use any seasonal, spooky sweet that your grocery retailer affords!
- Gummy Pumpkins: I believed these had been a enjoyable contact with the colours and the form.
- Black Licorice: That is what you’ll use to make the Sanderson Sisters’ eyes on the cheese wheels.
- Pull Aside Strawberry Twizzlers: Form these into the lips. I wish to make them distinctive for every face.
- Lindor Truffles: These are available plenty of flavors and colours. I wish to get ones which have orange, black, or brown wrappers.
Learn how to Make the Bats for Your Hocus Pocus Charcuterie Board
You have to a couple of components to make these delightfully cute Halloween bats for this Hocus Pocus Charcuterie board! I used miniature Reeses Cups, Oreos, and a few frosting! Right here is how you set all of them collectively!
- Add Frosting: Take a miniature Reese’s cup and add some frosting on prime.
- Break the Oreo: Break the Oreo in half and stick it to the frosting on prime of the Reeses cup.
- End: Prime with sweet eyeballs.
Learn how to Make Rice Krispie Eyeballs
These festive treats are an amazing addition to this Hocus Pocus charcuterie board! They’re spooky, and you may make them any measurement and colour that you really want! All you want is a few Rice Krispie treats (make them with this recipe!), some meals coloring, after which some sweet eyeballs. They prove so cute!
- Type: Form your Rice Krispies treats into small balls.
- Add colour: Roll in meals coloring and prime with a sweet eyeball.
Let’s Assemble Your Hocus Pocus Charcuterie Board!
This Hocus Pocus charcuterie board is all in regards to the Sanderson Sisters within the middle! So constructing the remainder round them is crucial half. Right here is how you’ll go about placing this all collectively. Your friends are going to go loopy over this board!!
- Make the Sanderson Sisters: Begin assembling your board by including the cheeses. Add the blackberries above the primary cheese wheel to create Mary’s hair. Subsequent fold the pepperoni and add three layers above the second wheel of cheese to create Winnie’s hair. Then lastly, use the cheese sticks and slice them into skinny sticks for Sarah’s hair.
- Add Eyes and Lips: Reduce up the black licorice for the eyes and form the Twizzlers for the lips.
- Make the Bats: Take a miniature Reese’s cup and add some frosting on prime. Break the Oreo in half and stick it to the frosting on prime of the Reeses cup. Prime with sweet eyeballs.
- Make the Rice Krispie Eyeballs: Form your Rice Krispies into small balls. Roll in meals coloring and prime with a sweet eyeball.
- Fill: Fill within the board with the remaining fruit, nuts, cheese, and sweet.
Learn how to Beautify the Board
Some folks wish to let the meals converse for itself, however I like so as to add a couple of completely different festive Halloween gadgets to the board to essentially take it excessive. I used a few small RIP gravestones, and that was it for this Hocus Pocus charcuterie board. You may additionally add in a skeleton hand, some pretend spiders, and even some black netting to make it additional spooky! Simply guarantee that no matter you utilize is giant and might’t be mistaken for meals. You don’t need anybody unintentionally consuming it!
Assemble the Board
Begin assembling your board by including the cheeses. Add the blackberries above the primary cheese wheel to create Mary’s hair. Subsequent fold the pepperoni and add in three layers above the second wheel of cheese to create Winnie’s hair. Then lastly use the cheese sticks and slice into skinny sticks for Sarah’s hair.
Reduce up the black licorice for the eyes and form the Twizzlers for the lips.
Fill within the board with the remaining fruit, nuts, cheese, and sweet.
To Make the Rice Krispie Eyeballs
Energy151kcal (8%)Carbohydrates0.2gProtein9g (18%)Fats13g (20%)Saturated Fats8g (40%)Polyunsaturated Fats0.4gMonounsaturated Fats4gLdl cholesterol45mg (15%)Sodium284mg (12%)Potassium69mg (2%)Sugar0.2gVitamin A268IU (5%)Calcium83mg (8%)Iron0.2mg (1%)
All dietary info is predicated on third celebration calculations and is simply an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will fluctuate relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.