That is a straightforward facet dish we make all 12 months lengthy!
This Greek salad recipe is packed stuffed with contemporary cucumbers and tomatoes, crisp bell pepper, feta cheese, and olives, and wearing a fast zippy French dressing.
It makes a terrific lunch or is ideal served alongside virtually any meal.
A Favourite Facet Salad
- Since there aren’t any lettuce leaves to wilt, Greek salad is among the finest picnic and potluck salads; it holds up so effectively!
- Bulk up Greek salad by including diced potatoes or your favourite cooked and chilled pasta like rotini, penne, or macaroni shells. Or make it a lightweight dinner by including chopped salami, shredded hen, or shrimp!
- Meal prep salad bowls for every week of nutritious and low-calorie lunches by scooping Greek salad onto a mattress of Romaine lettuce, quinoa, orzo, garbanzo, or black beans.
Greek Salad Components
Greens – Recent chopped greens are the bottom of this recipe.
- Tomatoes are a staple on this salad. Use no matter you’ve gotten that’s contemporary and juicy. If making forward, I choose Roma tomatoes or grape tomatoes as they maintain up effectively within the fridge.
- Cucumbers and bell pepper convey crunch and freshness. We use inexperienced bell pepper however add no matter colour you’d like. There isn’t a have to peel the cucumber.
- Pink Onion add taste to this salad. To make the flavour of purple onion a bit milder, soak the slices in chilly, salted water to neutralize them a bit.
Olives – Kalamata olives add the right taste to this recipe. If you happen to aren’t a fan, you may go away them out of this recipe or strive swapping them for black olives, inexperienced olives, and even capers!
Feta Cheese – Greek salad isn’t the identical with out cheese. Historically feta cheese is served in a big slice on the salad nevertheless we wish to crumble it to get the salty taste in each chunk.
Greek Salad Dressing
Greek salad dressing can (and will) be quite simple, this lets you actually style the contemporary veggies.
A quite simple combination of oil, purple wine vinegar, and contemporary lemon juice with a sprinkle of oregano is all you want. You probably have a bottle of Greek salad dressing you should utilize that too however on this combination, we choose the easy contemporary dressing.
Feeling Fancy? You probably have contemporary herbs available together with oregano, parsley, or contemporary dill, sprinkle a bit of bit on prime. Recent herbs actually can take this dish to the following degree in taste.
Find out how to Make Greek Salad
Even Panera can’t evaluate to this fast and simple dish!
- Chop the greens into massive chunks.
- Place the dressing in a jar and shake effectively (per the recipe under).
- Add feta & garnish with parsley, if desired.
Storing Greek Salad
Preserve leftover Greek salad in a coated container for as much as 4 days. Add some contemporary veggies and a sprinkle of feta cheese to make it nearly as good as new!
Recent Veggie Salads
Did you take pleasure in this Greek Salad? Make sure to go away a score and a remark under!
A easy mixture of tomatoes, cucumbers, and peppers tossed in a contemporary and simple dressing.
Mix all dressing elements in a small bowl and blend effectively or shake in a jar.
In a big bowl, mix tomatoes, cucumber, inexperienced pepper, purple onion, and olives.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss effectively to mix.
Add feta cheese and garnish with parsley if desired.
We like Roma tomatoes as they maintain up effectively on this salad however any tomatoes will work.
This salad will hold for as much as 4 days within the fridge. If desired, retailer the dressing individually and add when serving.
I often begin the salad by slicing the onion and soaking it in a little bit of salted ice water. That is elective however will soften the flavour.
The feta cheese might be served sliced or crumbled over the salad.
Energy: 146 | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 3g | Fats: 13g | Saturated Fats: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 8g | Ldl cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 377mg | Potassium: 209mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 500IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 1mg
Diet info offered is an estimate and can range primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my picture use coverage right here.