This submit could include affiliate hyperlinks. Please see my full disclosure for particulars.
Hello Daring Bakers!
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE: These Wholesome Breakfast Muffins are fast to make, and Georgie authorized! The muffins are filled with taste, with the pure sweetness from bananas, and excellent for little palms to seize and devour.
I’m at all times searching for recipes that make my mornings with my infant simpler — and, after all, wholesome choices for breakfast! This breakfast muffin recipe is one I’m going again to repeatedly as a result of our son, Georgie, loves them! They’re the right measurement for his lunchbox, and I’m pleased that I can feed him one thing scrumptious and good for him (and for me!)
Our household loves the style of those muffins; they’re naturally sweetened with bananas and a contact of honey, and the Greek yogurt helps give the muffins a slight tang whereas additionally serving to to maintain them good and moist.
Plus, my Wholesome Breakfast Muffins recipe is full of wholesome elements that may maintain you and your little ones nourished for a very long time. These morning muffins are made with entire wheat flour and oat flour, that are full of fiber, which is able to maintain everybody full and pleased till lunchtime. Bananas add vitamin C and potassium to the combo. Greek yogurt can be an ideal various to different fat, like oil, and has excessive protein, making it an ideal addition.
I additionally like to make use of honey as a substitute of sugar, because it has a decrease glycemic index, which implies your blood sugar gained’t be raised as shortly, and you may keep away from the dreaded sugar crash.
Give these muffins a do that week, and let me know what you assume!
Desk Of Contents
- Complete wheat flour: I exploit entire wheat flour for this recipe as a result of it’s a bit denser, which helps maintain you full for longer. Plus, whole-grain meals are an ideal wholesome alternative!
- All-purpose flour: I additionally add a little bit of AP flour to those muffins; I discover it helps maintain the muffin a bit lighter.
- Oat flour: Oat flour is lots like entire wheat flour, nevertheless it provides a pleasant nutty style.
- Baking soda and baking powder: These are the rising brokers within the muffins.
- Salt: I have a tendency so as to add salt to every thing, even the sweetest of my desserts as a result of it helps carry out all the opposite flavors.
- Bananas: Bananas assist taste and sweeten these muffins. Plus, the pure moisture within the bananas helps to maintain your muffins moist.
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt helps add a slight tang to the muffins, which supplies them a pleasant, advanced taste and helps maintain the muffins moist. Plus, it’s chock filled with protein!
- Eggs: Eggs are what’s going to maintain your muffins collectively.
- Honey: I like to make use of a pure sweetener for recipes I need to be wholesome, and honey is my normal go-to.
- Vanilla extract: Just a little vanilla, like salt, helps carry out the opposite flavors of a recipe.
- Coconut oil: I decide to make use of coconut oil as a substitute of different fat as a result of it’s a tad more healthy and excellent at maintaining issues moist!
- First, you will have to mix the dry elements (entire wheat flour, all-purpose flour, oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt) in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas very properly with a fork after which add the moist elements (yogurt, honey, eggs, vanilla extract.)
- Mix the moist and dry elements till they simply mix. Strive to not overmix!
- Then, drizzle within the melted coconut oil and blend till mixed.
- Divide the batter right into a 12-cup muffin pan lined with paper liners or parchment paper.
- Bake for 17-18 minutes in a preheated oven at 350°F (180°C.)
When making breakfast for our son, I attempt to make it as wholesome as doable (don’t fear about Georgie, he will get loads of treats on this home!)
I really like these muffins as a result of:
- They solely have 188 energy per muffin.
- They’re full of 5 grams of protein!
- They’re comparatively low-fat.
- They include loads of fiber.
Sure, you can also make muffins upfront. I really like making a batch of those muffins with a view to seize and go. I prefer to make them on a Sunday, then have them saved in an hermetic container at room temperature for Monday and Tuesday.
However I believe the easiest way to make muffins forward of time is to freeze them! As soon as the muffins are cooled, I pop them in an hermetic container or Ziploc bag and freeze them. Once I’m able to pack Georgie’s lunch field, I defrost them within the microwave.
How do I do know when my muffins are cooked?
A great way to check in case your muffins are carried out baking is to insert a picket skewer into the middle of one of many muffins in the course of the tray. If it comes out clear, it has completed baking. Since these muffins are inclined to get dry in the event that they’re overcooked, strive testing them about 5 minutes earlier than the 17-18 minutes of bake time is up.
Why are my muffins caught to the paper liner?
Whereas not the tip of the world, generally your muffins could keep on with the paper liners you utilize in your cupcake tin. Make certain you let your muffins cool fully earlier than you take away the paper.
Why are my muffins dry?
These muffins do are inclined to dry out in the event you overbake them, however there could also be a couple of the explanation why your muffins are dry. One motive might be that your oven temperature is simply too excessive; each oven is totally different and generally what you set your oven to will not be the precise temperature.
Another excuse is that you just baked the muffins for too lengthy. You’ll want to begin testing for doneness 5 minutes earlier than the really useful bake time.
You could possibly have additionally overmixed the batter. It’s tempting to only maintain stirring, however cease as quickly as your elements are absolutely mixed!
- Ensure that all your elements are at room temperature for the very best outcomes.
- When baking with bananas, the riper the higher! I at all times throw overripe bananas in an hermetic container or bag into our freezer so I can defrost them and make these muffins at a second’s discover! You’ll want to peel your bananas earlier than freezing them to make utilizing them even simpler.
- You possibly can add 1 cup (5 oz/142 g) of chopped, toasted nuts to the batter simply earlier than filling the muffin tin.
- Watch out to not overbake these muffins, as they will style a bit dry.
- Strive my Selfmade Oat Flour!