These frozen fruit salad cupcakes are made with cherries, bananas, and pineapples in a calmly candy, creamy, frozen filling topped with a dollop of whipped cream! This refreshing, straightforward no bake dessert is ideal for hotter months!
Straightforward Frozen Fruit Salad Cupcakes
Frozen fruit salad had by no means actually been on my radar till I attempted it at a neighborhood ice cream store years in the past. A creamy, frozen dessert with chunks of fruit in it? I attempted it, fell in love and determined to make my very own model.
On this frozen fruit salad, creamy sweetened condensed milk is folded into mild and fluffy cool whip together with a touch of lemon juice for brightness and a few almond extract for a uniquely deep taste. Maraschino cherries, bananas, and pineapples are combined into the graceful filling earlier than it’s spooned into muffin tins and frozen stable. The result’s a lightweight, refreshing dessert with simply the correct amount of sweetness. It’s excellent for spring and summer season days and is bound to win over a crowd.
Feeling impressed to make extra recipes with recent fruit? ‘Tis the season. Strive my Strawberry Banana Frozen Yogurt Cupcakes, these Fruit Cheesecake Sugar Cookie Cups, or this Raspberry Peach Sangria Trifle.
What Is Frozen Fruit Salad?
Frozen fruit salad is a relaxing dessert of recent fruit suspended in a creamy, frozen combination of whipped cream and sweetened condensed milk. This no-bake deal with is commonly frozen in a loaf pan and sliced however I made a decision to show it into cupcake kind as a substitute.
Here’s a record of components wanted to make fruit salad cupcakes. Scroll to the recipe card beneath for measurements.
- Cool Whip – Take the Cool Whip out of the freezer to thaw earlier than utilizing. Feeling adventurous? Strive making your personal Home made Whipped Cream as a substitute. One full recipe of my whipped cream would exchange 8 oz of Cool Whip.
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Lemon juice
- Almond extract – I like almond extract right here however vanilla will work simply high quality as nicely.
- Maraschino cherries – Drain the juices from the cherries, however maintain on to 2 tablespoons to be used within the filling. It will assist hold the frozen dessert from turning into icy.
- Crushed pineapple
The best way to Make Frozen Fruit Salad Cupcakes
Making frozen fruit salad cupcakes couldn’t be simpler. It’s only a few easy steps. Be certain that to scroll to the recipe card beneath for extra detailed directions.
- Soak the bananas in pineapple juice to assist hold them from browning an excessive amount of.
- Fold the Cool Whip, sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, and almond extract collectively.
- Stir in the cherries, pineapple, bananas (drain the pineapple juice), and a pair of tablespoons of cherry juice from the jar.
- Freeze. Fill a cupcake pan lined with cupcake liners with the combination and freeze till stable.
- Garnish with whipped cream and cherries.
Recipe Ideas & Variations
Listed below are some suggestions and methods that may allow you to obtain the most effective frozen fruit salad cupcakes attainable. I even threw in some enjoyable variations so that you can attempt.
- Drain the fruit. Earlier than including the fruit to the combination, be certain it’s drained off any extra moisture, It will assist hold the dessert from creating an icy texture.
- Don’t over-mix. You need the Cool Whip to keep up a few of its quantity. So, when mixing the sweetened condensed milk and the fruit into the Cool Whip, fold the components in gently and solely till simply integrated.
- Experiment with completely different fruits. Strive strawberries or blueberries as a substitute of cherries or think about using crushed peaches as a substitute of pineapple. Most fruits are a welcome addition to this frozen fruit salad.
- Add some nuts. Historically, this dessert usually has nuts in it. Throw your favourite nut into the combination (I like cashews and pecans right here) together with the fruit for slightly further crunch.
- Make your personal whipped cream. As a substitute of Cool Whip, make your personal whipped cream. Strive my Home made Whipped Cream, this Stabilized Mascarpone Whipped Cream, and even my Strawberry Whipped Cream.
Can These Be Made In Advance?
Completely. As soon as the cupcakes have frozen fully prepare them in a single layer in an hermetic container. Seal the container and retailer them within the freezer for as much as 3 months.
Extra Recent Fruit Recipes:
Summer season is coming and it’s bought me serious about recent fruit. These frozen fruit salad cupcakes are a few of my favorites however listed here are another scrumptious recipes starring recent fruit.
Frozen Fruit Salad Cupcakes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Freeze Time: 3 hours
Whole Time: 3 hours 20 minutes
Yield: 22-24 Cupcakes
Prepared for the right springtime dessert? Frozen fruit salad cupcakes are made up of cherries, bananas, and pineapples suspended in a creamy, frozen filling topped with a dollop of whipped cream.
- 16 oz crushed pineapple, drained (reserve the juice)
- 2–3 bananas, chopped
- 12 oz Cool Whip, thawed*
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup recent lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 12 maraschino cherries, quartered
- Further Cool Whip for garnish, if desired
- Further cherries for adorning, if desired
- Put together two cupcake pans with cupcake liners. Put aside.
- Pour reserved pineapple juice over the bananas. Put aside.
- Gently fold Cool Whip, sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and almond extract collectively. Watch out to not over combine.
- Add the cherries, pineapple, bananas (drain the pineapple juice and discard the juice), and a pair of tablespoons of cherry juice from the jar to the Cool Whip combination and stir to mix.
- Divide the combination evenly between the cupcake liners and put within the freezer till fully frozen, 3-4 hours.
- Take away cupcakes from the pan and garnish with whipped cream and a cherry, if desired.
- Serving Measurement: 1 Cupcake
- Energy: 120
- Sugar: 19.8 g
- Sodium: 30.2 mg
- Fats: 3.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.9 g
- Protein: 2.1 g
- Ldl cholesterol: 7.6 mg
Key phrases: fruit salad cupcakes, frozen fruit salad, frozen fruit salad cupcakes, recent fruit recipes
This publish might comprise affiliate gross sales hyperlinks. Please learn my disclosure coverage.