Make this Frozen Bahama Mama and also you’ll really feel such as you’re within the tropics! With a mix of grenadine, orange juice, pineapple juice, darkish rum, coconut rum, lime juice, and ice, this tropical delight is the right approach to cool off. Plus, it’s the subsequent smartest thing to being there, smelling that salty ocean air underneath the blue skies and sizzling solar!
I’m proud to be partnering with Princess Cruises to convey you this sponsored submit. As all the time, all opinions are 100% my very own.
There’s nothing like a scrumptious frozen cocktail to chill you off poolside. Filled with tropical taste, this cocktail was one in every of my favourite drinks after we went on our Caribbean MedallionClass cruise with Princess Cruises. I knew, although, that I might have a critical case of the tropical blues and miss them as soon as our cruise was over.
So I figured, why not make them at residence? It turned out to be the right treatment!
What does a Bahama Mama Cocktail style like?
A Bahama Mama drink combines pineapple and coconut right into a tropical taste. It’s similar to a Pina Colada however has added cherry taste.
What’s in a Frozen Bahama Mama?
- Rum: It’s a tropical drink, in spite of everything, and what higher alcohol to take you to the Caribbean than rum? For this, you’ll use two completely different rums, a darkish one and a coconut rum.
- Juices. We use what I believe is the right mix of juicy pineapple and orange flavors through the use of somewhat of every juice. I additionally added a little bit of lime juice as a result of I like the additional taste, but it surely’s not a needed ingredient and may be omitted.
- Grenadine. It’ll add a contact of sweetness and a enjoyable little bit of shade.
- Most necessary, in the event you’re going to be making a Frozen Bahama Mama, is the ice. If you happen to don’t need it frozen, depart it out and simply use a drink shaker to make it.
Suggestions for the right Bahama Mama Drink
Use darkish rum. It offers you only a bit extra taste than white rum.
As a substitute of mixing the grenadine with the entire different components, pour somewhat bit into the underside of every glass. It will stop the entire drink from turning pink, and also you’ll have two completely different colours as an alternative.
Use a blender. That is the one I’ve, and I like the way it crushed the ice so simply.
The best way to make a Frozen Bahama Mama
This simple recipe makes two slushy frozen cocktails.
- First, put together two glasses by pouring a splash of grenadine into every one.
- Place the remaining components (orange juice, pineapple juice, darkish rum, coconut rum, lime juice, and ice) right into a blender. Cowl and mix till clean and slushy.
- Gently pour the frozen slush into the ready glasses and garnish with contemporary pineapples and cherries.
Does a Bahama Mama should be frozen?
No, it doesn’t. It tastes simply as scrumptious when it’s poured over ice.
Can I make a bigger batch to serve to my associates?
You may double or triple this recipe! Use the helpful characteristic within the recipe card for precise ingredient quantities for a bigger batch!
How do I make a non-alcoholic Frozen Bahama Mama?
You’ll want to make use of a distinct liquid to exchange the rum. My advice is to make use of coconut water to imitate that coconut rum style. You can additionally use glowing water.
Concepts to garnish your drink:
- Add some sticks with contemporary pineapple and maraschino cherries to make your drink a bit extra festive.
- You may even add a cute little cocktail umbrella too!
- With the huge marketing campaign to cut back and/or omit plastic consuming straws, I bought some colourful reusable ones. They’re enjoyable, festive, and also you’ll be serving to to avoid wasting the setting within the course of. Rating!
If you happen to like this Frozen Bahama Mama recipe, check out these recipes impressed by my previous Princess Cruises:
Double Chocolate Malted Milkshake– my daughter and I had these on the ice cream bar on board, and naturally, I needed to re-create the chocolatey goodness at residence!
Cranberry Pecan Goat Cheese Bites– we had this tasty appetizer on our Alaskan cruise. Made with goat cheese, honey, dried cranberries, chopped pecans, and contemporary herbs, these are barely candy but savory, and downright scrumptious!
Braised Brief Ribs– impressed by a dinner I had onboard my Western Caribbean cruise, these ribs are a hearty and flavorful meal. They’re completely seared after which slowly cooked in a sauce of Nebbiolo wine, beef broth, tomato paste, onion, carrots, celery, and extra.
Are you searching for extra cocktail recipes?
Make one in every of these tasty drinks to your subsequent yard pool social gathering or gathering:
- One of many alcoholic drinks I loved immensely throughout our cruise (apart from my all-time favourite Mojito) was this Blue Ocean drink. It’s a frozen Pina Colada with Blue Curaçao, and it’s large!
- You may additionally get pleasure from this Pineapple Coconut Rum Slush. It is the right sizzling summer season day cocktail! Made in minutes with simply three components, these simple fruity cocktails will probably be a giant hit at pool events or any gathering with a tropical vibe.
- Make a Frozen Marshmallow Mudslide and benefit from the flavors of espresso, chocolate, and marshmallow together with your Irish Cream liqueur.
~ FOLLOW ME ~
~ FACEBOOK ~ PINTEREST ~
~ INSTAGRAM ~ TWITTER ~
Preserve a watch out for extra of my simple recipes every week!
Frozen Bahama Mama
One sip of this Frozen Bahama Mama and you may really feel such as you’re within the tropics! Grenadine, OJ, pineapple juice, rums, lime juice, and ice, make this tropical delight the right approach to cool off.
Forestall your display screen from going darkish
Put together two glasses by pouring a splash of grenadine into every.
Place the remaining components – orange juice, pineapple juice, darkish rum, coconut rum, lime juice and ice right into a blender.
Mix till clean and slushy.
Gently pour into the ready glasses and garnish with contemporary pineapple and cherries.
Serving: 1g | Energy: 93kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fats: 1g | Saturated Fats: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 94mg | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 55IU | Vitamin C: 17mg
This submit was initially revealed 6/9/19. It has been up to date in format and with footage on 5/12/23.
Once you ebook a MedallionClass cruise with Princess and also you put on your complimentary Ocean Medallion, you possibly can have meals, drinks and extra delivered proper to you anyplace on the ship!
No extra having to rise up and stand in line. Simply order what you’d like from the app and your server will convey it to you in a matter of minutes.
Fairly good, proper?
On this Western Caribbean cruise, my daughter and I had a lot enjoyable zip lining with associates in Belize. On one in every of our excursions we have been served a scrumptious lunch of hen, soiled rice and coleslaw.
Then we turned into our bathing fits to go cave tubing!
The caves have been severely “UnBelizable!” as our tour information, Huge Bruce was heard saying all through the day.
There was a cool river which flowed gently by means of the cave and we might see stalagmites and stalactites all through.
The stalagmites and stalactites have been fascinating and a few have been HUGE!
Each are pointy formations present in limestone caves. When water flows into the bottom and down into the cave, it dissolves a mineral known as calcite which is a significant part of limestone.
Because the calcite drips from the highest of the cave a stalactite is fashioned. You may do not forget that a stalactite comes from the Ceiling due to the C within the phrase.
This one was beautiful as a result of it sparkled so brilliantly when the sunshine hit it simply so.
Because the calcite dips from the top of the stalactite, it begins to type a pile on the ground. Regularly it builds as much as type a stalagmite. Once more, simple to recollect due to the G as this one is fashioned on the Floor.
For sure, after we returned the the Caribbean Princess, I used to be within the temper as soon as once more for a Bahama Mama tropical smoothie. And sure, I wished the rum in it, too.
I knew although as soon as our cruise was over that I used to be going to be lacking them, so I figured why not make them at residence.