This web site might comprise affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we are able to present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
Whether or not you need a crispy, low-carb snack or a meatless model of buffalo wings, fried cauliflower is the proper selection! Toss them in your favourite sauce or serve them up together with your favourite dip- it’s a snack that even the choosy eaters in your own home will love!
Cauliflower is such a flexible veggie. Not solely is it scrumptious by itself, (cauliflower steaks, anybody?) but it surely additionally helps to make low-carb variations of your favourite dishes. Do this cauliflower alfredo sauce or tacky cauliflower breadsticks!
Fried Cauliflower Recipe
For those who’ve ever been on a low-carb or keto weight loss program, I’m positive you’re accustomed to this versatile veggie. However this isn’t your mom’s riced cauliflower! Despite the fact that it’s low in carbs, this fried cauliflower is completely crispy, crunchy, and tender on the within. It’s like a more healthy model of popcorn hen, and excellent for many who are vegetarian or simply making an attempt to sneak extra veggies into their weight loss program!
This fried cauliflower has probably the most scrumptious breading that cooks to an ideal golden brown. Its crispy goodness could have you coming again for seconds and thirds, so that you may wish to double your batch! You possibly can serve your fried cauliflower as-is with a tasty dip on the facet, or toss it in your favourite sauce! Buffalo, BBQ, you title it! Whether or not it’s gameday otherwise you’re making these golden morsels for a summer time potluck, everybody is bound to like them.
Elements You’ll Want
It actually doesn’t get any easier than this. You don’t want something fancy to make fried cauliflower, solely a handful of pantry staples! For those who’re searching for measurements, they’ll all be discovered under within the recipe card.
- Cauliflower: Minimize into florets. The dimensions is as much as you!
- Flour and Cornstarch: You’ll want a mixture of each to attain the proper crispy crust.
- Salt and Pepper: So as to add some taste to the breading. You can even add a sprinkle of garlic powder, onion powder, or paprika when you’d like!
- Milk: Adjusts the consistency of the batter and in addition helps it keep on with the florets.
- Oil for Frying: I used vegetable oil, however you can additionally use one other sort of frying oil like peanut or canola. No matter you’ve gotten available!
How you can Make Crispy Fried Cauliflower
Despite the fact that you do should fry in oil, (don’t let that intimidate you!) these fried cauliflower bites are fairly straightforward to make. They solely take 10 minutes of prep and quarter-hour to cook dinner, making them an incredible appetizer to throw collectively once you’re brief on time. Let’s get began!
- Put together Cauliflower: Minimize the cauliflower in half after which minimize into florets.
- Combine Batter Elements: In a medium-sized bowl add the flour, cornstarch, salt, and pepper. Add the milk to the flour combination and whisk till mixed.
- Warmth Oil: In a big pot, add the oil about 3 inches up the perimeters. Warmth the oil to about 350 levels Fahrenheit. You can even use a deep fryer when you want.
- Coat With Batter: Dip every floret into the batter and take away extra by shaking with a fork. Then place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Deep Fry: Add the florets with tongs to the new oil. Fry for about 4 minutes on all sides or till they’re golden brown.
- Cool and Serve: Take away with a slotted spoon to empty extra oil and place on a paper towel-lined plate. Get pleasure from fried cauliflower together with your favourite dipping sauce!
Can I Make Fried Cauliflower within the Air Fryer?
Sure! Add a single layer of battered florets to your air fryer basket and cook dinner for quarter-hour at 400 levels Fahrenheit. Flip your cauliflower midway by means of the cooking time so every bit will get good and crispy. Ensure that there’s loads of room between every bit of cauliflower, air movement is essential to crispy fried cauliflower!
Tasty Dipping Sauces
To me, fried cauliflower is simply nearly as good because the sauce to dip it in. We love a great selfmade sauce at my home! Listed here are a number of of my favourite recipes that can add a pop of creamy taste to those scrumptious fried cauliflower bites. For extra inspiration, discover my full listing of sauces and dips right here!
Fried cauliflower is finest served contemporary. You’ve bought to style this breading contemporary out of the fryer! In case you have any leftovers, they are often saved in an hermetic container for about 3 days within the fridge, however needless to say your cauliflower might change into soggy because it sits. To crisp up any leftovers, pop them within the oven or air fryer for a couple of minutes at 375 levels Fahrenheit.
Minimize the cauliflower in half after which minimize into florets.
In a medium-sized bowl add the flour, cornstarch, salt, and pepper. Add the milk and whisk till mixed.
In a big pot, add the oil about 3 inches up the perimeters. Warmth the oil to about 350 levels Fahrenheit. You can even use a deep fryer when you want.
Dip every floret into the batter and take away extra by shaking with a fork. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Add the florets with tongs to the new oil. Fry for about 4 minutes on all sides or till they’re golden brown.
Take away with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel-lined plate. Get pleasure from together with your favourite dipping sauce!
Serving3floretsEnergy259kcal (13%)Carbohydrates45g (15%)Protein10g (20%)Fats5g (8%)Saturated Fats2g (10%)Polyunsaturated Fats0.3gMonounsaturated Fats1gLdl cholesterol15mg (5%)Sodium270mg (11%)Potassium515mg (15%)Fiber3g (12%)Sugar8g (9%)Vitamin A198IU (4%)Vitamin C46mg (56%)Calcium178mg (18%)Iron2mg (11%)
All dietary data relies on third occasion calculations and is simply an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will range relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.