Traditional IHOP French Toast is buttery, candy, and a beautiful breakfast. Serve with a sprinkle of powdered sugar on prime, butter, and syrup for a scrumptious technique to begin the day.
This publish incorporates affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Makes IHOP French Toast So Good
French Toast is a fairly sensible recipe. In any case, it was initially created as a easy approach to make use of leftover bread from dinner that has gone stale in a single day. In the present day, French Toast is a little more refined.
Take this IHOP French Toast recipe for instance. As an alternative of simply whisking collectively eggs and perhaps a splash of milk, the recipe for IHOP authentic French Toast incorporates flour, sugar, vanilla extract, and a contact of salt.
It could appear to be lots of work to combine up a batter to make French Toast, however when you attempt it, you’ll by no means make it another approach.
Why You Ought to Attempt This Battered Recipe for Your Subsequent Breakfast
The distinctive battering approach for the French Toast at IHOP is what ensures the bread isn’t soggy and that the outside cooks up crispy with none dry or burnt spots.
In case you have by no means tried making battered French Toast, it’ll change your breakfast recreation endlessly.
IHOP French Toast Elements
To make this recipe, you’ll want:
- Thick-sliced bread
- Vanilla extract
- AP flour
- Granulated sugar
- Butter or oil
- Powdered sugar
How To Make IHOP French Toast
To arrange the IHOP authentic French Toast recipe:
- Whisk collectively the eggs and milk in a mixing bowl.
- Stir within the granulated sugar, vanilla further, and salt into the milk combination.
- Place the flour right into a superb mesh strainer and slowly shake into the blending bowl whereas persevering with to whisk.
- Pressure the batter by the identical superb mesh strainer right into a large deep-rimmed baking pan.
- Place a big heavy-bottomed frying pan or griddle over medium warmth.
- Place the bread slices into the batter. Flip the bread and permit the batter to soak into the bread. The batter ought to penetrate fully into the bread to keep away from leaving the middle dry. Nevertheless, don’t soak the bread too lengthy, or it’ll start to crumble. The timing will rely upon the kind of bread you utilize.
- Brush the cooking floor with softened butter or oil.
- Cook dinner the slice of bread till it’s golden brown. By the point the primary facet cooks, the batter on the opposite facet ought to have misplaced its shininess. If the French Toast is cooking too rapidly, flip down the warmth. Flip and cook dinner the second facet till golden brown.
- Serve heat. Garnish with powdered sugar, if desired.
You should use nearly any sort of bread to make French Toast, however listed here are just a few of one of the best selections:
- Challah or brioche bread. Any bread that incorporates eggs will ship a a lot heavier and fuller flavored French Toast.
- Thick-sliced sandwich bread. Bake a loaf and slice it thick.
- Cinnamon raisin or panettone bread. Candy bread studded with fruit makes an excellent French Toast. With a bit whipped cream and a few recent fruit, you may get by serving this model as a light-weight dessert.
- Espresso or pound cake. In case you actually wish to flip the nook from breakfast to dessert, why not attempt making this recipe with espresso or pound cake? A little bit of whipped cream and chocolate chips is all it takes to show this recipe right into a crowd-pleasing dessert.
French Toast Topping Concepts
There are a whole lot of how to prime French Toast. Listed below are just a few that you could be wish to attempt:
- Contemporary fruit. Blueberries, bananas, strawberries, and coconut are all glorious selections, particularly when served with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Nuts. Pecans, walnuts, or almonds will give it a pleasant crunch.
- Masercrated strawberries. Macerating strawberries is an excellent approach to make use of up strawberries which can be both too comfortable, too bitter, or just a bit unattractive. Hull and slice the strawberries. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of sugar per 1 cup of fruit. Cowl and refrigerate for not less than 1 hour.
- Sweetened cheese frosting filling. Stack two items of French Toast with a thick layer of mascarpone or cream cheese frosting between the slices for a decadent deal with.
How To Retailer Leftover French Toast
Save lots of time by making this IHOP French Toast copycat recipe upfront and freeze for fast weekday breakfasts:
- Observe the recipe to the top, and let the French Toast cool on a wire rack.
- Place the French Toast on a sheet pan and stick the pan within the freezer till the French Toast freezes strong.
- Switch the frozen French Toast to a freezer bag and retailer for as much as two months.
The way to Reheat Leftover French Toast
To warmth frozen French Toast:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the frozen French Toast on a baking pan with not less than an inch between every slice.
- Bake on either side for about three minutes or till warmed by.
Love IHOP? Attempt These Copycat Recipes!
Favourite Breakfast Recipes
IHOP French Toast
You may make scrumptious IHOP French Toast at residence with this straightforward recipe.
- 8 slices Texas Toast or different very thick sliced bread
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar for dusting French toast
- 2 tablespoons melted butter for skillet
In a medium-size bowl, beat collectively the eggs and the milk.
Add flour, granulated sugar, vanilla, and salt into the egg combination. Beat to mix.
Pressure the custard combination utilizing a wire mesh strainer into one other bowl.
Warmth a skillet or a griddle to about 350°F.
Brush the skillet/griddle with butter.
Place the bread into the custard combination, then flip over the bread, after which place the bread onto the recent cooking floor.
Cook dinner for 1 to 2 minutes on either side. The bread must be golden in coloration when cooked by.
Take away the French toast from the skillet.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Lower the French toast diagonally if desired.
Serve with butter and maple syrup.
Energy: 384kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 10g | Fats: 19g | Saturated Fats: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 2g | Trans Fats: 0.1g | Ldl cholesterol: 91mg | Sodium: 624mg | Potassium: 60mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 231IU | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 13mg