This shortcut recipe for fast no yeast cinnamon rolls makes buttery, homestyle rolls that fluff up superbly—and in report time! Because you’re skipping the yeast, you can even skip the normal dough rising and kneading and have cinnamon rolls in about 40 minutes. They’re good for the occasions you crave do-it-yourself cinnamon rolls, and don’t need to wait!
You already know once you get up and assume, “I want I might have do-it-yourself cinnamon rolls proper now,” and then you definately bear in mind it’s important to wait one million hours for dough to rise and also you cry into your boring bowl of cereal? …No? Simply me?
I’ve been on a quest to develop a recipe for fast cinnamon rolls that preserve all the flavour and fluff with out the persistence and work that yeast requires. (As a result of, in actuality, I’m drained however nonetheless need to bake one thing. LOL.) My do-it-yourself cinnamon rolls take about 4 and 1/2 hours, or should be prepped the evening earlier than. Even my simple cinnamon rolls require persistence, rising, and kneading.
So if you’d like from-scratch cinnamon rolls NOW, make immediately’s no yeast model.
These No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls Are:
- Handy in case you’re busy and drained however nonetheless need do-it-yourself cinnamon rolls.
- Prepared in lower than 45 minutes.
- Mushy, fluffy, and buttery.
- NOT dense! Surprisingly not dense in any respect!
- Filled with candy brown sugar and cinnamon spice.
- Slathered with tangy cream cheese icing.
- Excellent as a particular breakfast with out all of the work and ready.
Plus, there’s NO kneading, NO rising, and the dough comes collectively in simply 1 bowl. And you’ll bake them in a pie dish, cake pan, and even as cinnamon roll muffins. This recipe is dynamite.
Key Substances & Why This Recipe Works
I used my simple cinnamon rolls dough as the place to begin for immediately’s no yeast model. It’s a preferred recipe and I knew it will be good as the inspiration. From there, I made the next adjustments:
- Baking Powder & Baking Soda: Since we’re skipping yeast, we have to change it with one other leavener. (Except you need to eat cinnamon hockey pucks for breakfast!) I attempted the dough with solely baking powder at first, however shortly realized the dense rolls benefitted from somewhat baking soda as properly. With the crutch of baking soda, the subsequent batch browned somewhat nicer and fluffed up extra.
- Extra Melted Butter: Like my chocolate chip cookies, this recipe excels with melted butter! The melted butter helps create a chewy bread-like texture, plus it seeps into each nook and cranny so you’ll be able to actually style the buttery goodness. In contrast with my common cinnamon rolls recipe, I added somewhat additional butter for extra taste.
- Chilly Buttermilk: Since we’re utilizing somewhat baking soda, we’d like an acid within the dough. Buttermilk does the job, plus it additionally provides somewhat tang, somewhat fluff, and somewhat softness. (Prefer it does in pancakes!) And seize the buttermilk proper from the fridge as a result of chilly milk retains the in any other case delicate and buttery dough workable.
Baking soda, melted butter, and buttermilk are additionally key substances in my no yeast bread recipe.
After a couple of trials and errors, I used to be shocked with the ultimate consequence. These no yeast cinnamon rolls style much like the yeasted model and solely took me about 40 minutes whole. Clearly they’re not as flaky and doughy as the normal, however I don’t assume anybody would EVER discover or complain that there’s no yeast. (My 10+ style testers ooh’d and ahh’d with out batting a watch!)
Listed here are the entire substances you want for the dough & filling:
How one can Make Fast No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls
You’ll be able to go from craving to consuming heat, gooey from-scratch cinnamon rolls in report time. Right here’s how my recipe works:
- Make the dough: Whisk the dry substances collectively, then add within the moist substances. The dough ought to be fairly delicate, however not overly sticky.
- Form the cinnamon rolls: Roll the dough into a ten×14-inch rectangle. This measurement doesn’t should be actual, so don’t stress. Unfold butter on prime after which sprinkle with cinnamon and brown sugar. Tightly roll up the dough and minimize into 12 items. Place in a greased pan.
- Bake: Bake till the rolls puff up and look golden brown, about 22–26 minutes.
- Make the icing: Whereas the cinnamon rolls bake, make the icing utilizing cream cheese, butter, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Eat: Slather the icing in your heat cinnamon rolls and revel in!
Listed here are step-by-step photographs so what to anticipate:
The meeting steps are precisely like common cinnamon rolls, solely with out the rise time.
Earlier than chopping, you’ll be able to mark the 14-inch log with a knife to make sure you have 12 even rolls. That’s what I often do:
Success Tip: Anticipate a Mushy Dough
Don’t incorporate extra flour than you want on this dough. I would like you to embrace a delicate dough. As a substitute of blending extra flour INTO the dough to make it workable, use additional flour when shaping the rolls. If the dough is sticking to your counter and rolling pin as you’re employed, mud all of it with extra flour.
Backside line: Mixing in additional flour than you want might lead to crumbly, dense rolls. As a substitute, use it when assembling the rolls.
Cream Cheese Frosting
This cream cheese icing makes use of somewhat extra butter and rather less confectioners’ sugar than the icing I usually use on cinnamon rolls. However I really like that it doesn’t use gobs of confectioners’ sugar; it’s a pleasant creamy, buttery, tangy blanket on your rolls. You could possibly additionally attempt the maple model used on these pumpkin cinnamon rolls, or for an easier topping, do this vanilla icing as an alternative.
Can I Bake These as Cinnamon Roll Muffins?
Sure! In the event you love the marginally crusty, chewy exterior of a cinnamon roll that’s been baked closest to the sting of the pan, attempt baking these no yeast cinnamon rolls as muffins. After chopping your 12 rolls, place them in a greased customary 12-count muffin pan. Every roll will get that crusty edge all the way in which round, they usually puff up superbly once they bake. Such a enjoyable recipe!
And in case you’re on a roll (ha!), attempt these cinnamon roll cookies too. 😉
This shortcut recipe yields a dozen traditional, homestyle cinnamon rolls that fluff up superbly—with none yeast, kneading, or rise time. They’re good for the occasions you crave do-it-yourself cinnamon rolls, and don’t need to wait!
Cream Cheese Icing
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and grease a spherical 9-inch pie dish or 9-inch cake pan. (See Notes for muffin pan directions.) For additional buttery rolls, I prefer to grease the baking dish with 1–2 teaspoons of melted butter as an alternative of non-stick spray.
- Make the dough: Whisk the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt collectively. Add the egg, buttermilk, and melted butter. Combine with a picket spoon or rubber spatula till a dough varieties. Dough will likely be very delicate and barely sticky. If it’s too sticky and wouldn’t roll, add extra flour, 1 Tablespoon at a time, till dough appears workable. Don’t add extra flour than you want; a delicate dough is nice.
- Place dough on a floured work floor and, utilizing a evenly floured rolling pin, roll dough into a ten×14-inch (25x35cm) rectangle.
- Fill the rolls: Unfold softened butter (the softer it’s, the simpler it’s to unfold!) everywhere in the dough. Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon collectively. Sprinkle everywhere in the prime. Roll it up tightly right into a 14-inch log. Utilizing a really sharp knife, minimize into 12 rolls; every roll is barely wider than 1 inch. Prepare rolls within the ready pan.
- Bake the rolls: Bake for 22–26 minutes, till evenly browned across the edges. In the event you discover the tops are getting too brown too shortly, loosely tent the pan with aluminum foil and proceed baking. If you wish to be exact about their doneness, their inner temperature taken with an prompt learn thermometer ought to be round 195–200°F (91–93°C) when carried out. Take away pan from the oven and place pan on a wire rack as you make the icing. (It’s also possible to make the icing because the rolls bake.)
- Make the icing: In a medium bowl utilizing a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle or whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese on excessive velocity till clean and creamy. Add the butter and beat till clean and mixed, then beat within the confectioners’ sugar and vanilla till mixed. Utilizing a knife or icing spatula, unfold the icing over the nice and cozy rolls and serve instantly.
- Cowl leftover frosted or unfrosted rolls tightly and retailer at room temperature for as much as 2 days or within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
- Make Forward Directions: If completely wanted, you can also make the dough and assemble the rolls the evening earlier than. Cowl and refrigerate, then carry to room temperature earlier than baking as directed. The rolls don’t puff up fairly as properly because the baking powder initially prompts as soon as moist. For greatest outcomes, bake straight away.
- Freezing Directions: Baked rolls will be frozen for as much as 2–3 months. Thaw in a single day within the fridge and heat up earlier than having fun with.
- Buttermilk: Buttermilk is required for this recipe, however in a pinch you can also make your personal DIY model of buttermilk if wanted. Add 1 teaspoon of white vinegar or lemon juice to a liquid measuring cup. Then add sufficient complete milk to the identical measuring cup till it reaches 3/4 cup. Stir it round and let sit for five minutes. The do-it-yourself “buttermilk” will likely be considerably curdled and able to use within the recipe.
- Cinnamon Roll Muffins: You’ll be able to bake these rolls in a greased customary 12-count muffin pan. No want for muffin liners. Bake time is about 20 minutes.
- Icing Alternate options: If cream cheese isn’t your favourite, you would prime the rolls with vanilla icing, the brown sugar icing from these pumpkin donuts, maple icing from maple cinnamon rolls, and even the caramel icing from apple cinnamon rolls. Numerous choices!
Key phrases: no yeast cinnamon rolls
How one can Be part of the August Sally’s Baking Problem
Make the no yeast cinnamon rolls as directed or in a muffin pan (see recipe Notice for that variation). In the event you aren’t into this recipe, right here is the alternate baking problem recipe:
After you make the cinnamon rolls or alternate recipe, e mail us your recipe picture. For a bonus entry, depart a evaluate on the recipe beneath.
By emailing your recipe picture to us, you’re mechanically entered within the baking problem. 1 winner receives a $250 Amazon Present Card. The problem is open to the entire world. Problem ends on August thirty first at 5pm Jap. The winner will likely be chosen at random, emailed the prize, and posted within the September Baking Problem weblog submit on September 1st.
Go to the Sally’s Baking Problem web page you probably have any questions on Sally’s Baking Problem.