Melty, spicy, tacky Crock Pot Rooster Nacho Dip is a taste bomb that you really want at your subsequent occasion! Sluggish cooked to ooey-gooey, hen perfection, simply served as a heat dip for tailgating, or on prime of a plate of chips as nachos!
Tacky Crockpot Rooster Dip Recipe
If you happen to love Tex-Mex, and should you love occasion dips, do I’ve the recipe for you! This creamy, hen dip is sort of a plate of hen nachos in your sluggish cooker. Loaded with tons of cheese, tomatoes and chilies, black beans, and zesty taco seasoning, and juicy shredded hen?
My sluggish cooked hen nacho dip is like your basic tacky, melty, spicy queso dip recipe, solely BETTER. Made in a crock pot, it is a hearty and heat taste bomb of actually scrumptious proportions. The dip is prepared in an hour or much less, and also you hardly even must elevate a finger.
Take this heat hen dip alongside to events, make a giant batch for the neighborhood potluck, or simply get pleasure from it with the household. You’ll be able to serve your crock pot nacho dip with chips for dipping, or flip the tables and pour it OVER the chips for fast and simple hen nachos. Speak about a win-win!
This recipe comes collectively in minutes earlier than your crock pot takes cost. You solely want a handful of elements, which I’ve rounded up under. Make sure to try the recipe playing cards for the complete quantities:
- Shredded Rooster: You’ll want about three cups of cooked, shredded hen. It is a good way to make use of up leftover hen breasts! You can too use a rotisserie from the grocery retailer and shred the meat with a fork.
- Rotel: One can of tomatoes and chilies. Make sure to drain it nicely in order that your dip doesn’t come out runny.
- Cheese: This creamy nacho dip will get its smoothness from cubed Velveeta cheese, in addition to cream cheese. Make certain to get the cream cheese that is available in blocks (and never the spreadable tub type), as you’ll have to dice it, too.
- Bitter Cream: For further creaminess, plus the tangy taste.
- Taco Seasoning: You will discover premixed taco seasoning within the spice aisle of most grocery shops.
- Black Beans: Be happy to make use of canned black beans, simply remember to rinse and drain them.
- Jalapeño: Contemporary or pickled jalapeño peppers give the dip a spicy, Southwestern kick.
- Inexperienced Onions: For taste and a shiny pop of inexperienced.
- Optionally available Garnish: This dip is marvelous garnished with chopped cilantro, diced jalapeno, and diced tomatoes.
How one can Make Crockpot Rooster Nacho Dip
The comfort of a crock pot makes this a easy and hands-free, 3-step recipe! Right here’s make this dump-and-go, spicy hen nacho dip within the sluggish cooker:
Mix: Add the shredded hen and the remainder of the dip elements to the bowl of your sluggish cooker.
Prepare dinner: Swap the crock pot to prepare dinner on excessive. Cowl and depart the dip to prepare dinner for about an hour to an hour and a half, or till the cheese is good and melted. Keep in mind to provide it a stir often to get all these zesty flavors mingling. As soon as the dip is prepared, stir within the inexperienced onions.
Serve: Among the finest components about this crock pot nacho cheese dip is that you would be able to serve it straight from the crock! This makes it straightforward to take alongside to potlucks and get-togethers. After all, you may select to switch it to a dish for serving additionally. If you happen to’re utilizing this dip to make a platter of nachos, spoon or pour it over prime your selection of corn or tortilla chips. Then all that’s left to do is garnish as desired, and dig in!
MAKE IT NACHOS!
The wonderful thing about this dip is you may simply flip the tables, pour in prime of a tray of tortillas chips and name it nachos! This dip has all the pieces a giant plate of nachos has with out the meeting and baking. You’ll be able to even sprinkle a little bit further shredded cheese on prime and bake if you wish to go that further further!
At any time when I make this dip right into a plate of nachos, my Simple Avocado Salsa is normally shut by. It’s the most effective of each worlds between guacamole and salsa – it’s a must to attempt it!
Suggestions for Success
This heat dip recipe is so simple, it actually cooks itself! However listed below are my suggestions to make sure this sluggish cooker hen nacho dip comes out precisely the way you need it, each time:
- Purchase Blocks of Cheese: This dip comes out the nicest when the cheese is cubed by hand, versus shopping for pre-grated cheese or the like from the grocery store. Pre-shredded cheese typically has a waxy coating (to maintain it from sticking collectively) and doesn’t soften down as easily.
- Alter the Warmth: You’ll be able to simply change up the elements or add-ins to fit your desired warmth stage. For a milder hen dip, omit the jalapeños and follow gentle Rotel (or use a can of diced tomatoes as an alternative, and depart chilies out of the equation altogether). If you happen to’re a sucker for one thing further spicy, amp up the jalapeños and throw in just a few dashes of cayenne, purple chili flakes, or scorching sauce.
- If the Dip Will get Too Thick: If you happen to discover that your dip is turning into a bit thickened and dry, add in a spoonful of milk at a time to assist skinny it out once more.
- Serve Proper From the Pot: I can’t emphasize sufficient how handy that is! Merely swap the crock pot or sluggish cooker to the “heat” setting, prepare your crackers, and so on. in bowls round it, and voilà. Simple appetizer, served! If you happen to discover the highest of the cheese dip turning into dry at any level (this typically occurs when the lid is left off), simply give the dip a fast stir.
What to Serve with this Dip
This crock pot hen nacho dip is an actual crowd pleaser, excellent for events and entertaining. Serve it with corn chips, tortilla chips, pita chips, or your favourite crackers for dipping. I’ve an superior recipe for fast and simple Spicy Seasoned Crackers that basically brings out the warmth on this recipe!
Listed here are just a few simpler occasion appetizers concepts:
How one can Retailer and Reheat Leftovers
In my expertise, there aren’t many cases the place I discover myself with leftovers! This tacky nacho dip is simply that good. On the odd occcasion I’m left with dip to retailer, I’ll switch it to an hermetic container to maintain within the fridge. Reheat any leftovers inside 3 days, both within the crock pot once more or within the microwave (warmth in 30-second increments for finest outcomes when microwaving).
Melty, spicy Crock Pot Rooster Nacho Dip is a taste bomb that you really want at your subsequent occasion! Serve this hen dip recipe as a straightforward appetizer with a facet of chips or crackers and watch it disappear from the crock. Or, drizzle it over tortilla chips for tacky and flavorful hen nachos!
- 3 cups shredded cooked hen breast (you should use Rotisserie as nicely)
- 1 (14- ounce can) Rotel, drained nicely
- 1 (16- ounce) block Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 (8- ounce) block cream cheese, cubed
- 1/3 cup bitter cream
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapeno
- 1/4 cup diced inexperienced onions
- Optionally available garnish – chopped cilantro, diced jalapeño, and/or diced tomatoes
- Place hen, Rotel, Velveeta, cream cheese, bitter cream, taco seasoning, black beans, and jalapeño into your sluggish cooker.
- Flip the sluggish cooker onto excessive cowl and prepare dinner for 60 – 90 minutes stirring often, till the cheese is melted. Stir within the diced inexperienced onions
- Serve within the sluggish cooker or serving dish as a dip, or pour over tortilla chips and function nachos. Garnish if desired.
Key phrases: crock pot dip, nacho cheese dip, hen dip
Need To Save This Recipe?
Discover extra recipes like this:
Extra Occasion Meals Concepts
PIN for later: