Searching for the CUTEST Crimson, White, and Blue Cake for Independence Day or any patriotic get together? You discovered it! I used to be squealing with delight chopping into this cake. It turned out much more excellent than I had hoped! That is nearly essentially the most festive 4th of July cake I’ve ever seen.
I used almond extract right here so it tastes like marriage ceremony. In the event you’d fairly use 1 Tbsp vanilla as a substitute of 1/2 Tbsp almond extract, be my visitor. Some folks don’t like almond. I occur to adore it. Simply notice that vanilla extract is brown and can tint your cake and frosting barely whereas almond is evident and gives you that excellent white layer.
My mother identified that the colours are so vibrant, I wanted to you should definitely level out that I all the time use Wilton meals coloring. (This publish is not sponsored by the way in which!) Regular grocery retailer meals coloring simply isn’t this opaque. Head to your native craft retailer or seize some Wilton icing colour on Amazon (affiliate hyperlink: right here and right here). It lasts for years within the pantry. Y’all all the time ask me why my Christmas cookies are so vibrant – nicely, that is my secret weapon!
I adorned my cake with patriotic Fancy Sprinkles, berries, and cake sparklers. WHAT screams 4th of July greater than cake sparklers!? You have to be very cautious when shopping for (and utilizing!) cake sparklers. Ensure that they’re meals grade. As for my lovable signal and firework blocks, it’s all handmade by my pal Anamieke at Enchanted Farmhouse.
Crimson, White, and Blue Cake
For the cake:
2 cups granulated sugar
3 1/4 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, smooth
1 1/4 cups milk, at room temperature
1/2 Tbsp almond extract
4 giant eggs
For the frosting:
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
5 cups powdered sugar, sifted
1 tsp almond extract
2-3 Tbsp milk
Serving strategies: berries, sparklers
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Flippantly grease and flour three 8″ spherical cake pans.
- In a big mixing bowl, whisk collectively the sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add butter to the mixer and beat till it appears to be like sandy.
- Mix the milk and almond extract and add to the mixer. Combine on low pace till included. Don’t neglect to scrape the bowl as you go!
- Crack eggs right into a bowl. This fashion, you received’t by chance get egg shells in your cake batter. With the mixer working on low, add eggs separately. Ensure that every is included earlier than including the subsequent.
- Reserve 4 cups of batter into two small bowls (two cups per bowl) and tint reserved batter desired shade of crimson and blue.
- Pour crimson, white, and blue batter into the three cake pans.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or till a toothpick inserted within the heart of the cake comes out clear. Do NOT overbake. Set the time for earlier and verify the cake each jiffy till the toothpick is clear.
- Take away tins from oven and place on racks. Cool ten minutes, take away from pan, and funky utterly.
- When cake has cooled, make the almond frosting in accordance with the recipe under. Frost and adorn as desired. Serve with recent berries.
To make the Almond Frosting:
- Beat butter with electrical mixer till good and fluffy. Beat in two cups of powdered sugar till included, then add almond extract.
- Beat in two extra cups of powdered sugar till mixed. Add a tablespoon of milk and closing cup of powdered sugar. Beat in one other tablespoon of milk. Add extra powdered sugar or milk as wanted to succeed in your required consistency.
Need cupcakes as a substitute? Learn this!