This Coconut Brownie Cake is a heavenly deal with for all of the coconut followers in your life! Brownie, coconut cream, and chocolate mousse layers are topped with fluffy whipped cream. It’s one beautiful dessert.
A Coconut Cream Cake is a dream come true for each brownie and coconut lovers. I served this to my ebook membership, and one in all my buddies raved, “Oh, there’s a brownie layer!” Sure, there’s!
Why You Should Make
- In the event you love coconut and brownies, this recipe is your dream come true!!
- It’s a showstopper, so reserve it for once you want a formidable dessert.
- If it’s essential serve a crowd, this dessert will serve quite a bit—a small slice will fulfill most everybody’s candy tooth.
Coconut lovers rejoice! Have I obtained a deal with for you. This magnificent Coconut Brownie Cake begins with a fudgy brownie (do I’ve your consideration?) which is topped with a thick layer of coconut cream, chocolate mousse, after which vanilla whipped cream. I made this magnificence for my ebook membership’s summer time pitch-in dinner.
There was NO scarcity of meals. We had Alton Brown’s grilled pork tenderloin, beef tenderloin, a plethora of salads and sides, and loads of sweets. I now have scads of latest recipe concepts. It’s such a blessing to have buddies who like to prepare dinner. I despatched the leftovers with Invoice to work, the place they disappeared in a flash. I believe he earned some brownie factors immediately!
Incessantly Requested Questions
Are coconut milk and coconut cream the identical factor?
No, although they’re each made with water and coconut. Coconut milk is made by simmering equal components contemporary or dried coconut and water, then straining.
Coconut cream is made in a similar way, however utilizing 4 components coconut to 1 half water, making a richer, thicker product.
Which is best, chocolate mousse made with gelatin or eggs?
Mousse made with eggs is richer and silkier, however more often than not, the eggs are used uncooked, so there’s a threat of salmonella micro organism from the raw eggs.
Mousse made with gelatin remains to be wealthy, and safer if feeding these at excessive threat just like the very younger, very previous or immune suppressed.
- I used this brownie recipe and baked it for 40 minutes. Notice: this brownie recipe doesn’t work nicely at greater altitudes. You could use a field combine or any favourite recipe that may work in a 9-inch springform pan.
- Use a springform pan so the edges may be simply launched to chop and serve.
- PRO-Tip: Coconut milk is completely different from coconut cream, so examine your label earlier than buying. It’ll must be whisked earlier than measuring because the fats separates from the whey.
- PRO-Tip: Utilizing a calming bowl to whip the cream will stabilize the whipped cream, retaining it from separating for an extended interval than if utilizing a room temperature bowl. Additionally, if sweetening your cream with powdered sugar, the cornstarch within the sugar additionally helps stabilize the cream.
- In the event you’d like, use unsweetened coconut flakes for garnishing. The bigger items make a putting presentation. However for the coconut filling, grocery retailer sweetened angel flake coconut works finest.
- Use a small offset spatula to layer the coconut cream and mousse. It helps make a degree, easy floor.
- You may make, cool, and wrap the brownie within the springform pan with plastic wrap or foil the day earlier than you make the opposite layers. There are lots of steps and layers to make and chill and it will remove one step on meeting day.
You Might Additionally Like:
For Brownie Layer:
- 1 recipe of your favourite brownies (baked in a greased 9-inch springform pan)
For Coconut Cream Filling:
- 1 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
For Chocolate Mousse:
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon gelatin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chilly water
For Whipped Cream Topping:
- 3/4 cup chilled heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 envelope of Whip-It (whipped cream stabilizer), elective
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Toasted coconut or coconut flakes (I used the latter)
- Bake brownies in a 9-inch springform pan and funky utterly.
- Make coconut cream filling: Mix the half-and-half, coconut milk, eggs, sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave it for 4-6 minutes, whisking nicely after every minute.
- When the combination is thick, add the extracts and untoasted coconut. Pour over the cooled brownies. Chill till agency, about 2 to 4 hours.
- To make the mousse, place chocolate chips in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Add 1/3 cup of cream and microwave, stopping to stir at 30-second intervals, till melted and easy. Cool to room temperature.
- Place chilly water in a small dish and sprinkle gelatin over it to melt for 10 minutes. Warmth it for 15-25 seconds within the microwave and whisk it till the gelatin is dissolved.
- Beat the remaining 2/3 cups whipping cream and powdered sugar including the gelatin combination and vanilla extract earlier than stiff peaks are reached.
- Fold the cream into the chocolate combination and pour over the coconut filling. Chill till set, about 6 hours or in a single day.
- Make whipped cream topping: Whip cream and powdered sugar, then add the vanilla and Whip-It and proceed beating till stiff peaks type. Prime the cake with the whipped cream and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
Make the brownie base the day earlier than so you do not have to make all of the layers in sooner or later.
Really helpful Merchandise
As an Amazon Affiliate and member of different affiliate applications, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 444Complete Fats: 32gSaturated Fats: 23gTrans Fats: 1gUnsaturated Fats: 8gLdl cholesterol: 84mgSodium: 159mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 3gSugar: 31gProtein: 5g
Thatskinnychickcanbake.com often affords dietary data for recipes contained on this web site. This data is supplied as a courtesy and is an estimate solely. This data comes from on-line calculators. Though thatskinnychickcanbake.com makes an attempt to offer correct dietary data, these figures are solely estimates.
Various elements resembling product sorts or manufacturers bought can change the dietary data in any given recipe. Additionally, many recipes on thatskinnychickcanbake.com advocate toppings, which can or will not be listed as elective and dietary data for these added toppings just isn’t listed. Different elements might change the dietary data resembling when the salt quantity is listed “to style,” it’s not calculated into the recipe as the quantity will range. Additionally, completely different on-line calculators can present completely different outcomes.
To acquire probably the most correct illustration of the dietary data in any given recipe, you need to calculate the dietary data with the precise substances utilized in your recipe. You’re solely accountable for making certain that any dietary data obtained is correct.