Marinated and grilled, this Cilantro Lime Hen recipe makes rooster that’s juicy on the within and crispy on the skin!
Cilantro lime rooster is marinated in zesty lime, a number of garlic, and recent cilantro. This simple recipe wants little prep and few substances but it surely’s loaded with huge taste.
An Simple Grilled Hen Recipe
- With only a few substances, this recipe has huge taste.
- No grill? No Downside! This dish may also be made within the oven as effectively making it the proper meal all 12 months.
- Double up the marinade and use it to decorate as salad as effectively.
- It has a number of taste and the leftover rooster is nice in tacos and even added to a tossed salad.
Simple Recent Elements
Hen – Boneless skinless rooster thighs are juicy and flavorful when grilled. This recipe may also be made with rooster breasts or bone-in rooster thighs or breasts, simply alter the cooking time accordingly.
Cilantro Lime Hen Marinade – Marinades serve to tenderize in addition to taste the meat, and this marinade is as simple because it will get! It’s a easy mixture of lime juice, lime zest, cilantro leaves, and a touch of seasonings. Toss in some jalapenos or further purple pepper flakes for a spicy kick!
The way to Make Cilantro Lime Hen
This recipe is loopy simple.
- Combine the marinade in a bowl or freezer bag per the recipe under.
- Add the rooster and marinate no less than 30 minute or as much as 2 hours.
- Broil, bake or grill.
Garnish with lime wedges and cilantro.
Suggestions for Success
- Permit rooster to marinate for no less than half-hour.
- Recent lime juice is greatest on this recipe, the flavour of bottled lime will be bitter.
- One of the best ways to inform if the rooster is totally cooked is to make use of a meat thermometer, it ought to attain 165°F.
- Leftover rooster is nice in a sandwich or sliced over a mattress of lettuce for a tasty next-day-at-work salad!
Extra Grilled Hen Favorites
Did you make this grilled Cilantro Lime Hen? Make sure you go away a ranking and a remark under!
Cilantro Lime Hen
Marinated and grilled, this Cilantro Lime Hen is juicy and filled with taste!
Preheat grill to medium excessive warmth.
Prepare dinner rooster on an oiled grate for 7-8 minutes. Flip over and cook dinner an extra 7-8 minutes or till rooster reaches 165°F.
Relaxation 5 minutes earlier than serving. Serve with lime slices and extra chopped cilantro.
- The marinade may also be pulsed in a blender a few occasions when you choose.
- Permit rooster to marinate no less than half-hour. As a result of excessive quantity of citrus on this recipe, don’t marinate longer than 2 hours.
- Recent lime is greatest on this recipe, the flavour of bottled lime will be bitter.
- Non-compulsory add-ins: add 1 teaspoon of chili powder and/or 1/4 teaspoon crushed purple pepper to the marinade so as to add a bit of bit of warmth.
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Place rooster on a baking sheet and bake 20-25 minutes or till rooster reaches 165°F.
3. Relaxation 5 minutes earlier than serving. Serve with lime slices and extra chopped cilantro.
To Broil Hen
1. Place on a grate or rack on a foil lined pan.
2. Broil rooster 4-inches from the component for 5-6 minutes per facet.
To Prepare dinner Bone-In Hen Thighs or Breasts
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Add the rooster pores and skin facet down (reserve the marinade) and cook dinner 3-4 minutes or till browned. Flip over and cook dinner 2 minutes extra.
3. Add remaining marinade to the pan. Bake 25-27 minutes or till rooster reaches 165°F. Broil 2-3 minutes to crisp if desired.
Energy: 149 | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 22g | Fats: 5g | Saturated Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 107mg | Sodium: 412mg | Potassium: 340mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 428IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 2mg
Vitamin data supplied is an estimate and can range primarily based on cooking strategies and types of substances used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my picture use coverage right here.