You may love this chocolate zucchini bread recipe! Filled with shredded zucchini and gooey chocolate chips, it is amazingly moist and fudgy.
This double chocolate zucchini bread recipe relies on the chocolate zucchini muffins from our first cookbook. Whereas I like that recipe, I wished to make a model that will work nicely as a loaf for slicing and having fun with with a morning latte or afternoon espresso.
This tremendous straightforward, scrumptious chocolate zucchini bread recipe got here out higher than I may have imagined. It has an ideal cakey crumb, delectable moist texture, and wealthy chocolate taste. Like my conventional zucchini bread recipe, this one makes two loaves. We gobble them up fairly rapidly at our home, however you probably have further, pop one loaf within the freezer for one more day, or share it with a good friend!
Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe Elements
My chocolate zucchini bread is wealthy, moist, and completely spiced…and (chocolate chips apart) it’s pretty wholesome, too! Right here’s what I take advantage of to make this pleasant summer time deal with:
- Flour – A mixture of white and entire wheat flour provides it an ideal moist texture and a little bit entire grain energy.
- Baking powder, baking soda, and eggs – They assist the bread puff up because it bakes.
- Cinnamon and nutmeg – They add a stunning spiced distinction to the chocolate.
- Sea salt – I add a splash to spotlight the wealthy chocolate taste.
- Maple syrup – I swap maple syrup for granulated or brown sugar, so this wholesome chocolate zucchini bread is refined sugar-free!
- Almond milk – For moisture. When you don’t hold almond milk readily available, substitute no matter type of milk you do. Oat milk, cow’s milk, and soy milk would all work nicely right here.
- Coconut oil – I take advantage of simply ¼ cup to make the bread wealthy, however not too decadent.
- Vanilla extract – It provides heat depth to the spiced chocolate taste.
- Zucchini – I grate mine on the most important holes of a field grater to get the perfect moist, zucchini-flecked texture!
- Chocolate chips – I don’t suggest skimping on these guys! You’ll fold some into the batter to make the within of the bread tremendous fudgy and scrumptious. Then, you’ll sprinkle extra on high!
Discover the whole recipe with measurements under.
Make Chocolate Zucchini Bread
This double chocolate zucchini bread recipe couldn’t be less complicated to make! Right here’s the way it goes:
First, whisk collectively the dry substances in a single bowl and the moist substances in one other. Add the dry substances to the moist substances, and gently stir to mix.
Fold within the chocolate chips. Look how chocolatey that batter is!!
Pour the batter into two pans, and bake till a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaves comes out clear.
Place the pans on wire racks, and permit the loaves to chill within the pan earlier than digging in. Really easy!
Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe Suggestions
- Watch out to not overmix! As with all baking recipes that use wheat flour, overmixing the batter will make the bread dense. Stir till every thing is simply mixed to get smooth, moist, and puffy loaves.
- Use two packed cups of zucchini. The zucchini is crucial for including moisture, so pack your cups full! Skimping on it’s going to yield a drier last loaf. No must press or squeeze the moisture out of the zucchini. We would like all of it to enter the bread!
- Bake as soon as, eat twice. This recipe makes two loaves of fast bread. I prefer to take pleasure in one instantly and slice and freeze the opposite for straightforward breakfasts or every time I’ve a chocolate zucchini bread craving. To thaw a slice, let it sit out at room temperature for an hour or so, or pop it within the microwave for round 30 seconds.
- Attempt altering it up! Swap half the chocolate chips for chopped walnuts or dried tart cherries. Or, you probably have it readily available, use yellow squash instead of the zucchini. Let me know what variations you attempt!
Extra Favourite Straightforward Baking Recipes
When you love this chocolate zucchini bread, attempt considered one of these yummy baking recipes subsequent:
And for extra zucchini recipes, take a look at this publish.
Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Serves 16 (makes 2 loaves)
You may love this double chocolate zucchini bread recipe! Filled with shredded zucchini and gooey chocolate chips, it is moist, fudgy, and deeply chocolatey.
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup entire wheat flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 giant eggs
- 1½ cups almond milk, at room temperature
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅔ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, plus extra for sprinkling
Preheat the oven to 350°F and flippantly spray two 8×4” loaf pans with nonstick spray.
In a medium bowl, whisk collectively the all-purpose and entire wheat flours, the cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
In a big bowl, whisk collectively the eggs, almond milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla. Stir within the zucchini. Add the dry substances to the moist substances and stir till simply mixed. Don’t overmix. Fold within the chocolate chips.
Pour the batter into the ready loaf pans. Sprinkle with extra chocolate chips and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or till a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clear and the tops spring again to the contact. Take away from the oven and permit to chill utterly.