If there’s a greater mixture for a cupcake taste, we’ve not discovered it. Gentle, fluffy chocolate cupcakes piled excessive with completely candy and barely salty peanut butter buttercream is a traditional taste for a motive. These chocolate peanut butter cupcakes are your new birthday custom.
It is a small batch chocolate cupcake recipe with the fluffiest, richest peanut butter buttercream on prime. The recipe technically makes 4 cupcakes, however you possibly can completely double it simply.
It is easy to scale up as a result of it is my eggless chocolate cupcakes recipe, which implies you will not be doubling or halving eggs simply to make extra cupcakes. My recipe for peanut butter frosting is scaled down right here to make simply sufficient for 4 cupcakes.
Different Methods to Get pleasure from Chocolate and Peanut Butter:
In addition to having your favourite jar of peanut butter readily available, you want just a few extra components to make these chocolate peanut butter cupcakes. The components under are only for the cupcakes; the peanut butter frosting components are separate.
- Flour. All-purpose common flour that has been fluffed, scooped and leveled within the cup.
- Cocoa Powder. Unsweetened, all-natural cocoa powder.
- Baking Soda.
- Baking Powder.
- Espresso Powder/ On the spot Espresso Granules. You should utilize instantaneous espresso powder or an equal quantity of instantaneous espresso granules. Utilizing espresso in your chocolate peanut butter cupcakes will not make them style like coffee–it simply enhances the flavour of the chocolate. Belief me and check out it as soon as.
- Oil. Any oil with out taste, reminiscent of vegetable oil, canola oil, grapeseed oil or avocado oil.
- Vanilla. Pure vanilla extract; do not use the synthetic stuff right here.
- Brown Sugar. Mild or darkish brown sugar work equally properly for this recipe.
- Buttermilk. If you do not have low-fat buttermilk, you should utilize a shelf-stable powdered buttermilk product. Simply observe the directions on the again to make a batch. Alternatively, you should utilize bitter cream. Lastly, you possibly can use the identical quantity of milk with one-half teaspoon of vinegar or lemon juice added to it.
- Unsalted Butter. Only a small quantity of softened butter to make the frosting tremendous fluffy.
- Peanut Butter. The perfect sort to make use of is creamy, non-natural. I do not suggest making this with pure peanut butter that requires a stir earlier than use.
- Powdered Sugar.
- Heavy Cream. A splash of heavy whipping cream is the key ingredient to make the frosting tremendous fluffy and creamy. We solely want 2 tablespoons, which is lower than I put in my morning espresso!
First, preheat the oven to 350-degrees F, and place 4 cupcake liners in 4 holes of a muffin pan. Whisk collectively the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and low powder in a small bowl.
In a separate bowl, whisk collectively the oil, vanilla, brown sugar, and buttermilk. Whisk this very properly till mixed.
Add the moist components to the dry components and stir till no lumps stay.
Divide the cupcake batter between the 4 liners, and bake for 16-17 minutes. Check with a toothpick to make sure the cupcakes are performed earlier than eradicating them from the oven.
Let the cupcakes cool within the pan for 1 minute, after which rigorously transfer them to a wire rack to chill utterly.
Lastly, as soon as the cupcakes are utterly cool, you may make the frosting. Mix the softened butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and heavy cream. Whip till fluffy, frost cupcakes and serve.
You possibly can sprinkle some chopped roasted peanuts on these cupcakes for a little bit of crunch earlier than serving.
Different Cupcake Recipes You Would possibly Like:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
Makes 4 chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting
Prepare dinner Time
For the cupcakes:
- ⅓ cup (45 grams) flour
- 2 tablespoons (14 grams) cocoa powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon instantaneous espresso powder*
- 4 teaspoons (20 mL) oil*
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup (50 grams) brown sugar
- ⅓ cup (81 mL) buttermilk*
For the frosting:
- 1 tablespoon (14 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup (70 grams) creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup (25 grams) powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350, and line a muffin pan with with 4 liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk collectively the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and espresso
powder. Whisk properly.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk collectively the canola oil, vanilla extract, brown sugar, and bitter
cream till properly mixed.
- Lastly, pour the moist components within the bowl with the dry components, and stir to mix. Don’t over
- Divide the batter between the 4 muffin cups with liners. Bake the cupcakes for 16-17 minutes.
Check a cupcake with a toothpick to make sure they’re performed earlier than eradicating from the oven. (A very cooked cupcake may have some moist crumbs clinging to the toothpick, however is not going to have any uncooked or moist batter. If cupcakes are under-cooked, they sink as they cool).
- Let the cupcakes cool within the pan for 1 minute, then transfer them to a cooling rack to chill
utterly. Do not cool them within the pan.
- As soon as the cupcakes are utterly cooled, make the frosting. In a medium bowl, add the the
butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar, heavy cream, vanilla and salt. Utilizing an electrical hand mixer on low pace., beat the frosting collectively till easy and creamy. Frost the cupcakes and serve.
Espresso Powder/ On the spot Espresso Granules: You should utilize instantaneous espresso powder or an equal quantity of instantaneous espresso granules.
Oil: Any oil with out taste, reminiscent of vegetable oil, canola oil, grapeseed oil or avocado oil.
Buttermilk: If you do not have low-fat buttermilk, you should utilize a powdered buttermilk that’s shelf-stable. Simply observe the directions on the again to make a batch. Alternatively, you should utilize bitter cream. Lastly, you possibly can use the identical quantity of milk with one-half teaspoon of vinegar or lemon juice added to it.
Peanut Butter: The perfect sort to make use of is creamy, non-natural. I do not suggest making this with pure peanut butter that requires a stir earlier than use.
As an Amazon Affiliate and member of different affiliate applications, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 494Whole Fats: 32gSaturated Fats: 12gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 18gLdl cholesterol: 68mgSodium: 191mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 4gSugar: 29gProtein: 8g