This Chocolate Mousse Cake is ideal for any celebration! The mousse is deliciously wealthy and creamy, and there’s completely no baking concerned!
This Woman Fingers Dessert takes the work out of constructing a dessert. Utilizing store-bought ladyfingers for construction makes this Mousse Cake Recipe a breeze to arrange!
Why You Ought to Make this Woman Finger Cake
- In case you really feel your baking abilities are missing, right here is a simple, decadent chocolate mousse cake recipe that requires completely no baking!
- Made with grocery retailer ladyfingers, selfmade chocolate mousse, and a whipped cream frosting, all you want is a mixer and rubber spatula, and a bit endurance because it chills.
- That is fancy sufficient for firm or holidays, but straightforward sufficient for any event.
- The toughest half about this recipe was discovering tender, spongy ladyfingers. Since one in every of our main grocery chains went out of enterprise, I had solely seen the more durable model used for tiramisu.
- Once I lastly situated some, I snatched up two packages understanding I used to be manner overdue to make this cake. Despite the fact that the packages acknowledged 3 ounces on the label, it took a part of a third package deal to cowl my loaf pan. So again to the market I went!
- PRO-Tip: Beware that the mousse layer of this cake comprises uncooked eggs. In case you plan to feed this dessert to any kids, older people, or anybody who has a suppressed immune system, it’s essential to discover some pasteurized eggs. See under the way to pasteurize at dwelling.
- Pasteurized eggs are gently heated to kill any food-borne micro organism with out cooking the eggs. They’ve grow to be harder to search out domestically identical to tender ladyfingers.
- In case you’re a mousse lover however fearful about salmonella, I’ve a chocolate truffle mousse that’s really cooked so it’s secure for all. But it surely wouldn’t essentially work on this cake with out some trial runs.
- As with a lot of my desserts, I exploit an offset spatula to easy and degree the mousse and unfold the whipped cream over the cake.
- PRO-Tip: Do you know whipping the cream in a bowl that’s been chilled within the freezer helps stabilize the whipped cream?
- Including powdered sugar as an alternative of granulated sugar additionally helps the whipped cream from separating (whereas offering that wanted contact of sweetness). It can nonetheless ultimately separate, however utilizing the powdered sugar extends the usable timeframe.
How you can Garnish
- Chocolate is all the time the simple reply when making a chocolate dessert. I made chocolate curls after which added some grated chocolate to complete it off.
- Chocolate shards are simpler to make than curls and are additionally spectacular. However should you see any stunning pink berries available in the market, that’s an alternative choice.
- Years in the past, after I first made this mousse cake, I positioned a line of ripe raspberries down the middle of the cake. It was easy and the pink popped on high of the white whipped cream frosting. Strawberry halves could be one other different.
How you can Make
- Line your loaf pan with non-stick foil. It can make it easier to take away the cake after it’s chilled and earlier than it’s frosted.
- Subsequent, Line the pan with ladyfingers, beginning with the underside, then the perimeters. Minimize items from the leftover ladyfingers to fill any massive openings.
- Layer half the mousse over the ladyfingers on the underside of the pan, adopted by the remainder of the mousse, then extra ladyfingers.
- Cowl with plastic wrap, chill as directed, then invert on a serving plate, slice, and serve.
“Unimaginable,” was the primary phrase out of Invoice’s mouth. He claimed to not like ladyfinger desserts earlier than tasting this one. It’s actually fairly easy to whip up. I’d even up the quantity of whipped cream icing subsequent time to make it good and billowy. It was the proper solution to finish our vacation meal.
Incessantly Requested Questions
Known as ladyfingers as a result of they’re formed like a girl’s delicate fingers, and their texture will be cake-like or cookie-like. They’re also referred to as boudoir biscuits, sponge biscuits, sponge fingers, Naples biscuits, or biscuits alla cuiller relying upon the place you’re situated.
Ladyfingers have been round for the reason that late fifteenth century. This recipe makes use of the tender, spongecake ladyfingers. The more durable model is called Savoiardi.
Both pound cake or sponge cake will be reduce into the form of ladyfingers and used instead of tender ladyfingers in a recipe. Biscotti could also be used instead of exhausting ladyfingers if it is sensible along with your recipe.
Since pasteurized eggs are virtually unimaginable to search out within the markets, to make this dessert secure for the younger, aged or immune-compromised, you may pasteurize your eggs at dwelling. One good technique is discovered on Merely Recipes.
You Could Additionally Like:
- 2-3 (3 ounce) packages of ladyfingers
- 18 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 7 egg yolks (pasteurized eggs most popular)
- 5 egg whites
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Raspberries or chocolate curls to garnish
- Break up ladyfingers and organize them on the underside of a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan lined on all sides with both parchment or non-stick foil. Trim ladyfingers to fill any empty spots. Put aside.
- Soften chocolate with 3 tablespoons of water within the microwave. Begin, cease, and stir at 30-second intervals until the chocolate is melted and easy. The combination might be thick.
- Stir in powdered sugar, egg yolks, and vanilla. Beat until easy. Permit it to chill.
- Beat the egg whites until tender peaks kind. Combine a number of the whipped egg whites into the chocolate combination, then fold and blend in the remainder until fully mixed.
- Unfold half of this chocolate mousse over the ladyfingers, then place a second layer of ladyfingers over the mousse.
- High with the remaining mousse after which one other layer of ladyfingers. Cowl with foil or plastic wrap. Chill for not less than 6 hours or in a single day.
- To serve, whip heavy cream with powdered sugar and vanilla. Invert the pan onto a serving plate and take away the foil or parchment.
- Frost the cake with whipped cream and garnish with berries or chocolate curls.
Recipe courtesy of Sue Thomson. Search for ladyfingers within the bakery space of a giant grocery retailer. They’re extra probably out there across the holidays.
Really helpful Merchandise
As an Amazon Affiliate and member of different affiliate packages, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 409Whole Fats: 28gSaturated Fats: 16gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 10gLdl cholesterol: 161mgSodium: 49mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 3gSugar: 35gProtein: 7g