In search of the proper Indiana Jones dessert? Make my Chocolate Boulders!
I used to be decided to determine a solution to flip the enduring Raiders of the Misplaced Ark boulder right into a dessert for my Indiana Jones social gathering. Y’all, I’m going to stage with you. I’ve by no means been so terrified to make something for my Disney Dinners however each step turned out to be really easy! All six boulders turned out completely and even smashed brilliantly so don’t be scared. You bought this!
You actually need silicone molds for this. They’re cheap and simple to make use of. You should utilize baking chocolate as a substitute of the wafers however I really like utilizing the wafers every time I can (they’re at many large grocery shops nowadays!) since you don’t need to mood the chocolate. You simply soften and go and look how shiny and lovely they turned out! In the event you use baking chocolate, you’ll after all need to mood the chocolate to get it good and glossy.
As you’ll be able to see, I didn’t do the smartest of jobs. I did one excellent layer after which determined to bolster them with a second small layer, which made them fairly messy. It doesn’t matter what the within appears to be like like although – the outer shells turned out nice and all twelve popped proper out of the mildew.
These boulders have a scrumptious “filth” no-bake cheesecake filling. I had just a little little bit of combination leftover so don’t be shy about filling them. You don’t need the combination too near the sting however you’ll be able to pile it fairly excessive.
When assembling, work on one boulder at a time. I ended up heating my skillet thrice through the course of. You don’t want it sizzling, simply heat sufficient to soften the sides of the chocolate halves to seal them collectively. As soon as sealed, these had been so sturdy, we actually had been rolling them round on the plates earlier than smashing them. I hope you’re keen on this Indiana Jones dessert as a lot as I do!
12 oz bag Ghirardelli Chocolate Wafers
1 cup whipping cream
8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup Oreo cookie crumbs
Serving suggestion: extra Oreo crumbs, berries
Particular provides: silicone molds
- Soften wafers in a glass dish within the microwave at half energy for 30 seconds, then stirring each 15 seconds till nearly melted.
- Stir chocolate till clean, then spoon a couple of tablespoon of chocolate in 12 2-inch silicone mildew rounds. Use a small spatular to work chocolate up the perimeters, then let sit at room temperature for 30-60 minutes.
- To make the filth filling: beat whipping cream in a metallic bowl with a metallic whisk till tender peaks kind (about 2-3 minutes). In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese with sugar and vanilla, then fold in whipped cream and Oreo cookie crumbs.
- Take away the boulders from the molds. Preheat a small skillet till heat, then set a boulder half edge-side down on the skillet for 3 seconds to barely soften the sting. Rapidly fill with filth filling (fill it excessive however not too near the sting) then soften one other piece’s edge for about 3 seconds. Set that half on high of the crammed half, watching the magic occur because it seals.
- Repeat with remaining boulders, then let set at room temperature for half an hour earlier than popping within the fridge. Refrigerate till able to serve. Scrumptious served with strawberries or raspberries with extra Oreo crumbs on the plate.
Learn extra about Disney Dinners: Indiana Jones right here. Watch the episode: