This web site could comprise affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we are able to present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
This Bread Pudding is a traditional dessert that makes use of your leftover bread and a scrumptious vanilla sauce to make the perfect breakfast dessert you’ve ever had! It’s frugal and low cost to make, however the taste is out of this world divine.
I really like dishes that use leftovers and make a very new and scrumptious dish out of. To me, there may be nothing worse than losing meals within the kitchen! We make an effort to eat all of our leftovers, however typically you don’t need to eat the identical meal 3 occasions in a row! So if I make Air Fryer Rooster Breast, I need to flip that rooster into Shredded Rooster Tacos and a few epic Rooster Salad the following day!
Straightforward Bread Pudding
Bread pudding is certainly one of my favourite desserts! I do know what you’re pondering, it’s simply bread with some eggs. Nevertheless it’s a lot greater than that! It’s correctly utilizing up the leftovers that you simply may need thrown away in any other case, and whipping up a scrumptious French toast-like breakfast casserole that’s simple and scrumptious. It’s so filled with heat flavors and I really like how the egg combination makes the bread nearly like a custard. It’s excellent!
I really like a very good custard dessert, like creme brulee! And I additionally love French toast as a result of it’s very easy to make for my children within the morning and I do know they are going to be full till lunch. That is in all probability why I really like bread pudding a lot! It truly is the perfect of each worlds (so is that this Creme Brulee French toast that it’s important to attempt!). You’ll fall in love with how simple and easy this breakfast dessert is.
The most effective half about this recipe is that you’re utilizing components you have already got in your house, and you’re utilizing up stale bread that you’d in all probability simply be throwing away. Some individuals add raisins, chocolate chips, cherries, blueberries, or nuts! You’ll be able to add no matter you want, I simply saved mine the traditional recipe. See the recipe card beneath for precise measurements.
- Stale Bread: The bread must dry at the very least a day. Recent bread cubes will get mushy and never maintain it’s form. In case you don’t have stale bread, you possibly can put it within the oven to dry it out a bit earlier than making bread pudding.
- Butter: The fats within the butter helps the whole lot stick collectively and style scrumptious!
- Eggs: Eggs additionally assist the whole lot keep collectively and offers nice texture and taste. I all the time use giant grade A eggs.
- Milk: Consider French toast and the way you add the egg and milk to make a pleasant batter for the bread. That’s precisely what you’re doing right here.
- Granulated Sugar: Helps to get a pleasant caramel and brown shade to the dish, and naturally provides sweetness.
- Vanilla Extract: Just a little vanilla makes this bread pudding style like a dessert!
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon goes completely with bread pudding and provides a heat spice.
- Cardamom: This has a piney and fruity taste that basically brightens up the dish.
- Heavy Whipping Cream: The proper base for this sauce! It makes it so wealthy and creamy.
- Complete Milk: Complete milk will assist the sauce get thicker than in case you had been utilizing a milk with much less fats the sauce received’t be as creamy.
- Sugar: Provides a candy taste and in addition helps the sauce thicken.
- Cornstarch: Cornstarch will assist the sauce to arrange and thicken.
- Vanilla Extract: This actually helps to deliver out all the flavors within the sauce. And offers it it’s vanilla taste!
Bread Pudding Recipe
It actually doesn’t get a lot simpler than this recipe. Bread pudding is easy to organize and has a lot taste. It truly is just like the gooey insides of a cinnamon roll, however that’s the entire dish! This recipe makes an 8×8 inch pan, in order for you it to fill a 9×13 inch pan you’ll want to double the recipe.
Tips on how to Make Bread Pudding
- Prep: Preheat your oven to 350℉ and put together an 8” sq. baking dish by coating it with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Reduce: Reduce your stale bread into about 2” chunks and place in a bowl.
- Combine: Soften your remaining 3 tablespoons of butter and pour it over your bread, combine to coat evenly and place in your buttered dish.
- Whip: In a separate bowl with a hand mixer, whip your eggs for about 3 minutes. Add within the the rest of your components and blend effectively.
- Pour: Pour your egg combination over your bread, make sure to coat evenly, soaking every bit. Enable the liquid to soak into the bread for a couple of minutes earlier than baking.
- Bake: Bake for 30-45 minutes, the bread pudding needs to be a golden brown shade and spring again when gently pushed on with a spoon or fork.
Tips on how to Make Vanilla Sauce
- Mix: In a small saucepan over medium-high warmth, mix your whipping cream, milk, and sugar. Convey to a simmer, frequently stirring till the sugar is dissolved.
- Whisk: Whisk in your cornstarch till there aren’t any extra lumps, scale back warmth to low and proceed cooking till your sauce thickens up, about 5 minutes.
- Cool: As soon as the sauce has thickened as much as a consistency you want, take away from warmth and whisk in your vanilla. Enable the sauce to chill barely earlier than drizzling on high of your bread pudding.
Kinds of Bread to Use
You’ll be able to actually use no matter you have got available! You need to make sure that it has had at the very least a day to dry out, however any bread will do. Simply think about the probabilities!
- Croissant: Croissant bread pudding is out of this world scrumptious! Flaky and buttery croissant bread might be certainly one of my favourite breads to make bread pudding with.
- Sourdough: Sourdough bread could be simpler on the abdomen and has a tangy bitter taste that makes bread pudding distinctive and oh so yummy! I really like making sourdough bread, and if there may be sufficient leftover I really like making bread pudding with it.
- French Bread: French bread is wealthy and chewy and completely golden scrumptious on the skin. It additionally makes an important bread for bread pudding!
- Pumpkin Bread: Pumpkin bread pudding is my all time fall favourite. The sweetness of the pumpkin and the heat from the spices is the whole lot I would like in a fall dish.
Leftover bread pudding is a deal with! It reheats effectively and is simply as yummy the following day. Observe these tricks to get probably the most out of your bread pudding recipe.
- Within the Fridge: Retailer your bread pudding in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
- Within the Freezer: Retailer your bread pudding wrapped in plastic wrap or in an hermetic container for as much as 3 months within the freezer. Put it within the fridge the night time earlier than serving to let it thaw.
Preheat your oven to 350℉ and put together an 8” sq. baking dish by coating it with 1 tablespoon of butter.
Reduce your stale bread into about 2” chunks and place in a bowl.
Soften your remaining 3 tablespoons of butter and pour it over your bread, combine to coat evenly and place in your buttered dish.
In a separate bowl with a hand mixer, whip your eggs for about 3 minutes. Add within the the rest of your components and blend effectively.
Pour your egg combination over your bread, make sure to coat evenly, soaking every bit. Enable the liquid to soak into the bread for a couple of minutes earlier than baking.
Bake for 30-45 minutes, the bread pudding needs to be a golden brown shade and spring again when gently pushed on with a spoon or fork.
In a small saucepan over medium excessive warmth, mix your whipping cream, milk, and sugar. Convey to a simmer, frequently stirring till the sugar is dissolved.
Whisk in your cornstarch till there aren’t any extra lumps, scale back warmth to low and proceed cooking till your sauce thickens up, about 5 minutes.
As soon as the sauce has thickened as much as a consistency you want, take away from warmth and whisk in your vanilla. Enable the sauce to chill barely earlier than drizzling on high of your bread pudding.
Energy1008kcal (50%)Carbohydrates129g (43%)Protein21g (42%)Fats46g (71%)Saturated Fats26g (130%)Polyunsaturated Fats4gMonounsaturated Fats12gTrans Fats1gLdl cholesterol279mg (93%)Sodium626mg (26%)Potassium482mg (14%)Fiber4g (16%)Sugar90g (100%)Vitamin A1712IU (34%)Vitamin C1mg (1%)Calcium367mg (37%)Iron4mg (22%)
All dietary info relies on third occasion calculations and is just an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will range relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.