I don’t know what it’s about these three substances mixed, however this braised sausage, cabbage and potatoes dish is my new favourite simple dinner recipe! Good for St Patricks Day dinner!
I don’t love St Patrick’s Day. I can’t ever suppose up something cute and the traps, ohhhhh the traps! They’re so enjoyable and I really like watching the youngsters work for hours on them, however I’m additionally not artful so I don’t simply have doodads and whatsits mendacity round ready to be artified.
Final yr I used to be feeling all of the feels of an inkling that we might be transferring quickly after which the dreaded St Paddy’s Day hit. I instantly requested my buddy Megan why we needed to rejoice and he or she got here again with, “simply do the ol’ cabbage, sausage and potatoes in a single pot and be finished.”
Wait what? No whining alongside me? She truly had a plan?! And so I did, I adopted her instance and recipe and voila! Dinner was finished in 30 and it was scrumptious! WHY IS IT DELICIOUS!? It’s actually 3 substances however everybody ate the entire darn factor. AND what was leftover I put within the Meals Saver and froze it and oh my goodness, it completely held up completely just a few weeks later after we had it once more!
Are you prepared for the 6 (probably 7) substances that you must make this fast and straightforward dinner? That is what you will have:
- Sausage: you need to use any kind of sausage you need…hen, turkey, pork, and many others…bratwurst additionally works or a kielbasa
- Potatoes: I choose the flavour of Yukon Gold potatoes, however pink potatoes would additionally work or simply plain Russets, peeling is non-obligatory
- Pink or Yellow Onion: both kind works nice, it simply depends upon which taste your choose
- Cabbage: common inexperienced cabbage is my go-to, however you could possibly additionally use pink. For those who’re utilizing this for St Patricks Day, then the extra inexperienced the higher!
- Olive Oil: helps caramelize the onions
- Salt and Pepper: provides taste
- Garlic: that is completely non-obligatory, it tastes nice with out it, however it does add scrumptious taste if you’re a garlic fan
The measurements for every ingredient could be discovered within the recipe card on the finish of this submit.
Ideas for Making Sausage, Cabbage and Potatoes
- Lower the potatoes to be the identical dimension in order that they cook dinner evenly.
- Use a dutch oven, it caramelizes the onions and cooks the sausage and potatoes completely.
- Don’t use too excessive of warmth when cooking. The onions will begin to burn at the beginning else cooks by way of.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Straightforward: you solely want 6 (probably 7) substances, and it’s all made in a single pot which makes it tremendous simple to wash up and the prep work is minimal
- Fast: you may have dinner on the desk in half-hour
- Cheap: you solely want just a few substances and all of the substances are simple on the funds
- Household Pleasant: it’s uncommon I develop a recipe that the entire household loves, however everybody cherished and devoured this one!
Can This Be Made within the Immediate Pot?
Sure, this recipe works nice within the Immediate Pot. You’ll wish to cook dinner the potatoes first. Peel and slice the potatoes to the scale you need after which toss them into the Immediate Pot for 2-3 minutes on excessive strain. Then let it pure launch for 5-10 minutes. Take away the lid and change it to saute mode and add just a little olive oil. Add the onions, sausage and cabbage and cook dinner it till the potatoes are beginning to get golden, the onions are translucent and the cabbage is cooked down. Salt and pepper to style.
Storing, Reheating and Freezing Cabbage, Sausage and Potatoes
Braised sausage, cabbage and potatoes ought to be saved in an hermetic container within the fridge, and it’ll preserve for as much as 3 days.
I’ve discovered that reheating this dish works nice within the microwave. Simply zap it for 1-2 minutes relying on how a lot you’re warming up.
This dish freezes nice like I discussed above! Retailer in an hermetic and freezer secure container for as much as 3 months. If you wish to use the Meals Saver, it would preserve for as much as 6 months.
This braised sausage, cabbage and potatoes recipe is an easy however hearty dinner recipe that’s so satisfying! It checks all of the containers for a terrific St Patricks Day dinner, however I’m making this one all yr spherical!
Watch How you can Make One Pot Sausage, Cabbage and Potatoes Video
Extra St Patrick’s Day Recipes:
Drizzle olive oil in a dutch oven and add the sausages and potatoes over medium excessive warmth.
Prime with onions after which cabbage and season effectively with salt and pepper and garlic if utilizing.
Place the lid on and cut back the warmth to medium, stirring about each 10 minutes for half-hour. Season extra if wanted and serve.
Really helpful Merchandise
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Candy Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
Whenever you attempt a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for an opportunity to be featured in our tales! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES