The stickier, the higher with this timeless deal with. One in all our favourite consolation meals, the recipe originated in Sweden, the place they really observe a Cinnamon Roll Day (Kanelbullens dag) on October 4, however we advocate celebrating these rolls each likelihood you get. Discover extra scrumptious yeasted bread recipes in our Bread 2020 particular situation!
Basic Cinnamon Rolls
- Cinnamon Roll Dough (recipe follows)
- ¾ cup (165 grams) firmly packed gentle brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon (8 grams) floor cinnamon
- ½ cup plus 3½ tablespoons (162 grams) unsalted butter, softened and divided
- 1 massive egg (50 grams), frivolously overwhelmed
- ½ cup (112 grams) cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups (180 grams) confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15 grams) complete milk, room temperature
- Spray a 10-inch spherical cake pan or a 13×9-inch rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Evenly punch down Cinnamon Roll Dough. Cowl and let stand for five minutes. Prove dough onto a frivolously floured floor, and roll into an 18×12-inch rectangle.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon. Unfold ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons (141 grams) butter onto dough, and sprinkle with sugar combination, leaving a ½-inch border on one lengthy aspect. Brush overwhelmed egg onto border. Beginning with lengthy aspect reverse border, roll dough right into a log, pinching seam to seal. Trim ends. Slice into 12 rolls, and place on ready sheet. Let rise in a heat, draft-free place (75°F/24°C) till puffed and rolls are touching, about half-hour.
- Place a sheet of foil on backside rack of oven, and preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Bake till a wood choose inserted in heart comes out clear, about 25 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Take away from pan.
- Within the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and remaining 1½ tablespoons (21 grams) butter at medium pace till creamy, 4 to five minutes. With mixer on low pace, progressively add confectioners’ sugar, beating till fluffy. Stir in milk till mixed. Unfold frosting onto heat rolls.
Cinnamon Roll Dough
- 1 cup (240 grams) heat complete milk (105°F/40°C to 110°F /43°C), divided
- 1 (0.25-ounce) bundle lively dry yeast
- ⅓ cup (76 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- ⅓ cup (67 grams) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (60 grams) bitter cream
- 1 massive egg (50 grams)
- 4 cups (500 grams) all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon (3 grams) kosher salt
- In a medium bowl, mix ¾ cup (180 grams) heat milk and yeast. Let stand till combination is foamy, about 10 minutes.
- Within the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, stir collectively melted butter, sugar, bitter cream, egg, and remaining ¼ cup (60 grams) milk.
- In a big bowl, whisk collectively 3⅔ cups (459 grams) flour and salt. Stir half of flour combination into butter combination. With mixer on low pace, add yeast combination, beating simply till mixed. Beat in remaining flour combination. Change to the dough hook attachment. Beat at medium pace till easy and elastic, about 4 minutes. Add remaining ⅓ cup (42 grams) flour, if wanted (dough shouldn’t be sticky).
- Spray a big bowl with cooking spray. Place dough in bowl, turning to grease prime. Loosely cowl and let rise in a heat, draft-free place (75°F/24°C) till doubled in dimension, about 1 hour.