These roasted balsamic Brussels sprouts have a scrumptious crispy texture and candy, tangy taste. You may need to eat them straight off the baking sheet!
A balsamic Brussels sprouts recipe was one in all our first-ever posts on Love & Lemons (10+ years in the past now!), so I’ll all the time have a tender spot for this traditional aspect dish. I wished to share a brand new, up to date model of it this fall as a result of it’s such an excellent one to have in your again pocket in the course of the vacation season.
Balsamic Brussels sprouts aren’t any more durable to make than common roasted Brussels sprouts, however the addition of the vinegar and just a little honey actually provides them restaurant-quality taste. They’re candy, tangy, caramelized, and crisp across the edges. I like to toss them with pecans, parsley, and bursty pomegranates for extra of a composed aspect dish, however they’re equally tasty straight off the baking sheet.
Balsamic Brussels Sprouts Recipe Components
Right here’s what you’ll must make this balsamic Brussels sprouts recipe:
- Brussels sprouts, in fact! Search for sprouts which might be agency and vibrant inexperienced. Trim off the powerful ends and take away any free outer leaves earlier than you get happening the recipe.
- Balsamic vinegar – It provides the sprouts superb tangy taste.
- Honey or maple syrup – It helps the vinegar caramelize into a beautiful balsamic glaze. Its sweetness additionally offsets the slight bitterness of the Brussels sprouts and the acidity of the balsamic.
- Further-virgin olive oil – It provides wealthy taste and ensures that the sprouts turn into browned and tender as they bake.
- Pecans – I like their crunch in opposition to the tender Brussels sprouts.
- Pomegranate seeds – A candy and tangy accent for the candy and tangy sprouts. Dried cranberries are nice right here too.
- Parsley – Its contemporary taste brightens the ultimate dish.
- And salt and pepper – To make all of the flavors pop!
Discover the entire recipe with measurements under.
Halve the Brussels sprouts, and drizzle them with the oil, balsamic, and honey. Season them with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Unfold them in a single layer on a sheet pan. Tip: I like to rearrange my sprouts with the flat sides down in order that they brown beneath whereas the leaves crisp up on high!
Roast at 425°F till tender and golden brown. Relying on the scale of your sprouts, the prepare dinner time might vary wherever from 20 to half-hour.
Season to style, and toss the Brussels sprouts with the pecans and pomegranates. Garnish with contemporary parsley simply earlier than serving.
Learn how to Serve Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
As a result of they’re so easy to make, balsamic roasted Brussels sprouts are a fantastic aspect dish for any fall or winter meal. Serve them alongside a fast pasta like Fettuccine Alfredo or Spaghetti Aglio e Olio on a weeknight, or pair them with Creamy Mushroom Polenta on a weekend when you could have extra time to prepare dinner.
I additionally like to serve this recipe at holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas. It’s improbable with classics like mashed potatoes, inexperienced bean casserole, candy potato casserole, mac and cheese, and extra. Take a look at this submit to seek out 50 extra of my favourite vacation sides!
Extra Favourite Veggie Aspect Dishes
If you happen to love these oven roasted Brussels sprouts with balsamic, attempt making one in all these greens subsequent:
Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
This balsamic Brussels sprouts recipe is one in all our favourite methods to prepare dinner Brussels sprouts! They turn into tender and caramelized within the oven, and the vinegar and honey add scrumptious candy and tangy taste.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey or maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly floor black pepper
- ⅓ cup toasted pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries or pomegranate arils
- Contemporary parsley leaves, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place the Brussels sprouts on the baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil, balsamic, and honey. Sprinkle with the salt and a number of other grinds of pepper, toss to coat, and unfold evenly on the baking sheet.
Roast for 20 to half-hour, or till tender and golden brown across the edges. The precise timing will rely on the scale of your sprouts. Season to style.
Switch to a serving dish and gently toss with the pecans and cranberries. Garnish with parsley and serve.