Candy-spicy-crunchy Gochujang Cauliflower could be served as an appetizer or an entree! Gochujang Cauliflower Wings make an ideal recreation day snack, or serve it over rice for a scrumptious, veggie dinner. Glutenfree Nutfree
This recipe has a tremendous, spicy taste and a crunchy texture with out the necessity to deep fry. Whilst you bake the cauliflower, put together the sauce in a pan on the range. Toss all of it collectively, and luxuriate in!
If you happen to’re not acquainted with gochujang, it’s a fermented Korean pink chili paste with a candy and spicy taste. It provides candy warmth and an umami taste to all kinds of dishes and pairs completely with crunchy, baked cauliflower.
Why You’ll Love Gochujang Cauliflower
- Straightforward to make
- Baked, not fried
- Excellent, crunchy texture
- Stuffed with taste
- It’s naturally gluten-free
Extra Vegan Cauliflower Recipes:
Gochujang Cauliflower Wings
Candy-spicy-crunchy Gochujang Cauliflower could be served as an appetizer or an entree! Gochujang Cauliflower Wings make an ideal recreation day snack, or serve over rice for a scrumptious, veggie dinner. Gluten-free Nutfree Recipe
For the Baked Cauliflower
- 1/2 cup (80 g) rice flour
- 3 tablespoons tapioca starch or cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- an excellent sprint of black pepper
- 1/2 cup (118.29 ml) water
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 small (265 g) head of cauliflower chopped into equal-sized florets, about 4 cups
For the Gochujang Sauce
- 1/2 cup (136.5 g) gochujang, I exploit Mom-in-Legislation model, use Glutenfree model if wanted . Use 1/4 to 1/3 cup for much less warmth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce ,use tamari for gluten-free
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch combined with 1/4 cup of water
- inexperienced onion and sesame seeds for garnish
To Bake the Cauliflower
Preheat the oven for 425° F/220° C. Line a baking sheet or baking dish with parchment paper.
In a big bowl, add the dry components for the batter. Combine nicely, then add within the moist components and blend till easy.
Add within the cauliflower and toss to coat. The batter ought to be simply thick sufficient in order that it coats the cauliflower nicely, and it will be sufficient for the cauliflower. The batter retains thickening because it sits, so you will wish to combine it in fairly rapidly.
Switch the cauliflower florets to the lined baking sheet, and bake for half-hour, or till cauliflower inside is cooked. In the meantime, make your gochujang sauce.
To Make the Gochujang Sauce
Add the gochujang, soy sauce, maple syrup, salt, and vinegar to a big skillet on medium warmth and blend nicely.
Combine the cornstarch within the 1/4 cup of water, and add to the simmering sauce combination and blend nicely. Take off the warmth as quickly because the sauce thickens.
Add your baked cauliflower to the skillet, and toss nicely to coat. Garnish with some inexperienced onion, or sesame seeds for those who like. Serve with rice or noodles or in lettuce cups.
Gochujang: use different Asian chili sauces
Rice flour: use all function flour
Variation: make this with pressed and torn 14 oz additional agency tofu
Be sure to have your cauliflower able to go earlier than mixing up the batter. The batter thickens rapidly, so that you wish to toss the cauliflower in instantly.
Whenever you unfold the cauliflower onto the baking sheet, do it in a single layer, and ensure the wings aren’t touching one another, or they’ll stick collectively.
Retailer leftovers in a coated container within the fridge. They’ll maintain for as much as 3 days. Reheat in a 350° F oven or on the stovetop. Don’t microwave, as a result of the batter shall be mushy for those who do this.
Gochujang Cauliflower Wings
Quantity Per Serving
Energy from Fats 36
% Day by day Worth*
Saturated Fats 0.5g3%
Vitamin A 68IU1%
Vitamin C 37mg45%
* P.c Day by day Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie food plan.
- cauliflower coating: we use rice flour, tapioca or corn starch, garlic powder, salt and pepper, water, oil, and sesame oil. Rice flour offers a pleasant crunchy coating. You should use all function flour as nicely but it surely gained’t be as crunchy
- cauliflower lower into bite-sized florets
- gochujang sauce: a spicy Korean chili paste
- remainder of the sauce components: soy sauce, maple syrup, salt, rice or apple cider vinegar, and cornstarch combined with water (to thicken)
- Be sure to have your cauliflower able to go earlier than mixing the batter. The batter thickens rapidly, so that you wish to toss the cauliflower into it instantly.
- Whenever you unfold the cauliflower onto the baking sheet, do it in a single layer, and check out to ensure the wings aren’t touching one another.
Easy methods to Make Gochujang Cauliflower Wings:
First, lower the cauliflower into florets and collect your batter components.
Combine the dry components for the coating in a big bowl. That’s the rice flour, starch, garlic, salt, and pepper. Then, add the water and oils and blend till you have got a easy batter.
Toss within the cauliflower florets, mixing to coat them rather well within the batter. The batter ought to be simply thick sufficient so it coats the cauliflower nicely, and it’s going to be sufficient for the cauliflower. The batter retains thickening because it sits, so that you’ll wish to combine it in fairly rapidly.
Switch the cauliflower to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet in a single layer, ensuring the florets are unfold out and never touching one another. Bake at 425° F/220° C for half-hour.
Whereas the cauliflower bakes, make the sweet-and-spicy gochujang sauce.
Add the gochujang, soy sauce, maple syrup, salt, and vinegar to a big skillet over medium warmth and blend nicely.
When all of that’s mixed, combine the cornstarch in 1 / 4 cup of water, then add that to the skillet, mixing once more. As quickly because the sauce thickens, take away the pan from the warmth.
Add the baked cauliflower to the skillet, tossing to coat in that flavorful sauce.
garnish with inexperienced onions or sesame seeds, for those who like. Serve with rice or noodles or in lettuce wraps
Storage and Reheating:
Retailer in a coated container for as much as 3 days within the fridge. Reheat within the oven at 350° F or in a pan on the range. Don’t microwave, as a result of the breading will get mushy.