Baked Goat Cheese served heat with slices of recent French bread is a scrumptious appetizer. A sprinkling of Italian seasoning provides the goat cheese an exquisite taste.
This put up accommodates affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Why This Is the Baked Goat Cheese Recipe You Ought to Strive
This recipe is for a scrumptious baked goat cheese dip that is very easy to make. Goat cheese is just sprinkled with Italian seasonings and salt after which baked till golden brown.
One other wonderful thing about this straightforward baked goat cheese appetizer is you will get it prepared earlier than your visitors arrive, then pop it below the broiler while you’re able to serve.
This baked goat cheese dip is an ideal addition to your vacation appetizers. Prepping it prematurely means that you can do no matter else that must be carried out within the kitchen or socialize along with your visitors.
Baked Goat Cheese Dip – Elements You Will Want
You solely require three elements – no lengthy procuring checklist!
- Goat cheese
- Italian seasoning mix
- Kosher salt
- Bread for serving
Goat cheese shouldn’t be solely scrumptious but additionally good in your intestine well being as a result of it’s stuffed with useful probiotics.
Italian seasoning mix could be present in most grocery shops. It’s a mix of a number of completely different spices and is ideal for this recipe. It’s also possible to use it so as to add just a little further one thing to spaghetti sauce.
Methods to Make Baked Goat Cheese
This baked goat cheese appetizer couldn’t be simpler to make:
- Mix Italian seasoning with salt in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the combination over the goat cheese.
- Broil till golden brown.
- Serve with bread slices.
Ideas for Making Baked Goat Cheese Dip
- Use the identical dish that you just baked the cheese in for serving. As soon as the cheese is heated, it’s too mushy to simply switch to a distinct serving dish.
- Serve the cheese both heat or at room temperature.
Is Feta Cheese the Identical as Goat Cheese?
The quick reply is not any! Feta is historically made from sheep’s milk or a mix of sheep and goat milk and has a crumbly grainy texture that’s completely different from that of goat cheese. (Additionally, in the event you purchase feta within the US, it’s typically made with cow’s milk).
Backside line: for this recipe, be sure you buy actual goat cheese (generally known as chèvre).
Goat Cheese Dip Variations
This recipe requires Italian seasoning, however you’ll be able to change it up with completely different herbs and flavorings. As an illustration:
- Rosemary, oregano, and garlic.
- Recent thyme, recent basil, or recent parsley.
- A drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle with crimson pepper flakes.
- Prime with caramelized onions or kalamata olives.
- Jalapenos give it a slight kick.
- Prime with cherry tomatoes earlier than baking.
- Add crumbled, crispy bacon on prime after baking.
- Baked goat cheese in tomato sauce – Pour tomato or marinara sauce right into a shallow baking dish. Reduce a goat cheese log into 1-inch rounds and place the rounds on prime of the sauce. Bake it at 375°F for quarter-hour.
Methods to Serve Baked Goat Cheese
This creamy, scrumptious baked goat cheese dip is ideal for a celebration or as a starter for a special day dinner.
- Serve with crusty French bread, baguette slices, garlic bread, or crunchy crostini.
- Place baked goat cheese on the middle of a crudité platter for a low carb and gluten-free appetizer. Encompass it with uncooked carrots, celery, cauliflower, tomatoes, olives, and so on.
- Add some to flippantly dressed blended greens to raise a ho-hum salad into one thing rather more mouthwatering.
What to Serve With Baked Goat Cheese
Pair your baked goat cheese with a pleasant glass of wine equivalent to Sauvignon Blanc in the event you like white wine or Cabernet Franc in the event you desire crimson. In case you are into wine pairings, study extra about wines that go effectively with goat cheese.
Methods to Retailer Leftover Baked Goat Cheese
Leftover goat cheese can merely be stirred into scorching pasta for a scrumptious dish. Nonetheless, if you wish to retailer it, right here’s how:
Any baked goat cheese dip leftovers could be saved in an hermetic container within the fridge, the place it will likely be good for as much as 3 days. To rewarm, place it in a reasonable oven (350°F) for about 10 to fifteen minutes or pop it within the microwave.
Baked goat cheese could be tightly wrapped and saved within the freezer for as much as 3 months. To reheat from absolutely frozen, place within the oven at 350°F for about 10 minutes.
It’s also possible to freeze unbaked goat cheese for later use. See this information on tips on how to freeze goat cheese.
This easy baked goat cheese recipe is nice by itself, in salads, on crackers, in varied recipes, in pasta dishes, for stuffing zucchini ….. the checklist goes on and on!
Favourite Tacky Appetizers
Fashionable Italian Appetizers
Baked Goat Cheese
Baked goat cheese served heat with bread slices is a tasty appetizer.
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- sliced French bread for serving
Permit the goat cheese to melt to room temperature and unfold it out in a small shallow ramekin or au gratin dish.
Mix the Italian seasoning and salt and sprinkle it over the goat cheese.
Flip in your oven’s broiler function and alter the oven rack if crucial. Broil the cheese till it’s golden brown, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Serve with sliced French bread.
Energy: 149kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 10g | Fats: 11g | Saturated Fats: 8g | Ldl cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 790mg | Potassium: 14mg | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 585IU | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 1.1mg