Alonti pecan pesto pasta is extremely scrumptious. Selfmade basil pesto with pecans is tossed with pasta and served heat as a aspect dish or chilly as a pasta salad.
This publish comprises affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Makes Pecan Pesto So Good?
Pesto is at all times made with pine nuts, proper? Properly, no. There may be all kinds of pesto, and among the best is that this model that makes use of pecans. Pecans give this sauce a candy, buttery taste that pine nuts simply can’t match, and as a bonus, they’re much cheaper!
Basil Pecan Pesto makes sauce for pasta, however there are such a lot of extra methods to make use of this versatile recipe! Take a look at the part beneath for extra ideas.
Why You Ought to Attempt This Basil Pesto With Pecans
Apart from switching out the kind of nuts, this sauce has yet one more trick up its sleeve. As a substitute of utilizing solely parmesan cheese, as most conventional pesto recipes name for, it provides a contact of Pecorino Romano cheese.
The slight nuttiness of Pecorino Romano works completely in pesto leading to a lightweight but full-flavored sauce you’ll need to make many times.
Pecan Pesto Recipe Components
For this pesto recipe with pecans, you’ll want:
- Contemporary basil leaves
- Additional virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Parmesan cheese
- Pecorino Romano cheese
To complete the recipe, you’ll want:
- Crushed pecans (non-obligatory)
- Parmesan cheese, grated (non-obligatory)
- Pecorino Romano cheese, grated (non-obligatory)
The perfect pasta shapes for this dish have lots of floor space. Gemelli and fiorelli, with all their bends and folds, are good for trapping pesto sauce. Quick tubular pasta like penne and rigatoni would additionally work nicely.
Should you don’t take care of pecans, you may substitute them with walnuts.
Find out how to Make Pecan Basil Pesto
To organize the pesto sauce:
- Rinse the basil leaves and dry them very nicely.
- Peel the garlic cloves and smash them with the flat aspect of your knife to make the cloves simpler to course of.
- Mix the basil, garlic, and further virgin olive oil within the bowl of a meals processor. Should you don’t have a meals processor, use a blender, however watch out to not mix an excessive amount of and overheat the sauce.
- Pulse two or 3 times simply to interrupt up the garlic.
- Add the kosher salt to the bowl of the meals processor and crumble within the pecans. Course of till there are not any massive chunks of nuts.
- Add the parmesan and Pecorino Romano cheeses. Pulse till the cheese totally incorporates. The feel ought to be considerably easy however not a liquid consistency.
- Use a rubber spatula to switch the pesto to an hermetic container and hold it within the fridge till wanted.
To sauce the pasta:
- Prepare dinner the pasta in keeping with the directions on the packet.
- Drain the pasta, however retain a couple of cup of pasta water.
- Add the pesto sauce to a big mixing bowl. You’ll want a couple of cup of pesto sauce for every pound of pasta.
- A number of tablespoons of reserved pasta water combined into the pesto sauce will skinny it out and make mixing simpler.
- Toss the pasta with the pesto sauce. If the pesto remains to be clumping, add a bit extra pasta water.
- Plate and garnish with non-obligatory crumbled pecans and grated cheese.
What Else Can You Do With This Pecan Pesto Recipe?
Most individuals hear “pesto” and instantly consider pairing it with pasta or gnocchi. Each are good choices, however they aren’t the one ones. Listed here are some extra inventive methods to make use of Pecan Pesto Sauce:
- Unfold it on bread for extra flavorful sandwiches.
- Unfold it on prime of crostini or crackers with goat cheese for a scrumptious appetizer.
- Make a pizza with pesto sauce, tomatoes, and goat cheese.
- Toss the pesto with boiled potatoes for an superior aspect dish.
- Combine the sauce with scrambled eggs.
- Whip cream cheese and pesto collectively for a fast dip.
Find out how to Retailer the Leftovers
Maintain additional pesto within the fridge in an hermetic container. Place plastic wrap straight on the floor to forestall it from browning.
For prolonged storage, pour the pesto into ice dice trays. Freeze it till strong. Switch the frozen pesto cubes to a plastic freezer bag. It’ll last as long as 3 months within the freezer.
How Lengthy Will It Final
Basil pesto with pecans will keep recent for 3 or 4 days within the fridge, however the basil might darken earlier. Including a contact of acidity within the type of lemon juice or vinegar may also help protect the colour.
Extra Recipes with Pesto
Fashionable Pasta Recipes
Take a look at extra of my simple pasta recipes and the perfect copycat restaurant recipes on CopyKat!
Alonti’s Pecan Pesto Pasta
Altonti’s Pecan Pesto is a good tackle conventional pinenut pesto, this basil pesto is made with pecans.
Add to Assortment Go to Collections
- 25 recent basil leaves
- 1/2 cup additional virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 5 – garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Romano cheese
- 1 pound pasta cooked in keeping with bundle instructions
Wash basil leaves and place right into a meals processor with the olive oil and garlic. Pulse a number of instances till the garlic begins to interrupt into small items. Add kosher salt and pecans and course of briefly at medium velocity, then add cheese and pulse till the cheese is combined uniformly via.
Pour pesto over cooked pasta and blend nicely. Should you don’t intend to eat the entire pesto without delay, retailer remaining pesto in an air tight container, it would stay recent for a few days.
Energy: 855kcal | Carbohydrates: 87g | Protein: 25g | Fats: 44g | Saturated Fats: 9g | Ldl cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 1019mg | Potassium: 345mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 525IU | Vitamin C: 1.5mg | Calcium: 366mg | Iron: 2.3mg